Far Cry 4 Thread

Sounds to me his problem with the story and characters comes from a disingenuous PC mindset that's becoming more and more common. "One of the characters is foreign?! AND a rebel?! Wait! Did the foreign rebel just speak english with an ACCENT?!?! That's racist as ****!"

I'll take his opinion with a grain of salt.

I really hate this ******** midset that game "journalists" feel the need to express on a constant basis.

Man if these jerk bags would have existed 20 years ago Nintendo would have been burnt to the ground due to Mario being "an extreme Italian stereotype."

Anyway.. I'm looking forward to the game but I'm holding off. Mostly because I feel like I've played one too many Ubisoft games in the past few months.. I know that's stupid.. But also because I'm taking my time with Unity (I actually enjoy it. Whatevs haters) and GTAV.. That's a whole lot of open world.. Plus once Halo is actually playable online I'll be putting more time into that.

Maybe I'll Christmas list it. :p

Yea between AC:U, GTA and this, I'm gonna be full up on games. I need to try and get through more of AC before Tuesday. Just haven't had the time. I'll sink some serious hours in to it today tho.

Apparently this game is riddled with glitches. Won't take much researching on forums to come to that conclusion. Some people have been playing it for hours today, check out this mess. Save your money and buy GTA 5 and DA:I. and wait till this game is patched.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1swUtz1pSY

Oh Hell No.

I'll cancel this order too and wait for Far Cry 4 to drop on price.

What is with the games this year? Glitches and broken multiplayer galore. Thankfully Advanced Warfare turned out smooth. Are developers just not ready for the next-gen systems yet?

AW had hella lag problems.. It's been taken care of tho. Unisoft seems to be leading the way with dropping the ball this gen.

This game is getting 8s and 9s across the board. And I havent read a single mention of glitches. Im thinking this is nothing but a smear campaign or something on the player's end. Its like people saying that ACU is still glitching and freezing repeatedly after patch 2. I havent had a single glitch since patch one. So either they didnt install the patch properly or their console or PC is the culprit.

If I had listened to the early reports and my own *****ing and moaning and others making ACU out to be the worst thing since Alien Colonial Marines I would have missed out on the best AC game of the series. So Im gonna buy this game tomorrow and see for myself. People need to realize some glitches are inevitible. You cant rid a massive open world sand box game of every single one.

To the members who are afraid to buy it or cant risk taking $60 out of their budget (which I completely understand) for a potentially broken game, I will let yall know how it works for me. Now ymmv and my experience may not be the same ss your's but I figure it wont hurt. If others here who purchase the game would also report how it works for them as well that'd be great. Im also curious to see how varied our experiences are and to get an idea of whether something on each player's end could be be making the glitching worse.

Last edited:
this game was really hotly anticipated, I hope it fulfilled people's expectations.

Iv been debating on what game I wanna play tonight as ill have about an hour to play before I have to hit the hay. I think ima choose this. Cant wait.

Iv been debating on what game I wanna play tonight as ill have about an hour to play before I have to hit the hay. I think ima choose this. Cant wait.

Ha, an hour before you go to bed. Right. Like that will happen. ;)

If you have it pre-loaded, can you download day one patches early?

According to digital foundry the most reliable site when it comes to quality of games, he said that the game is very impressive on a technical level and he tested it on the PS4.

Ive been frustrated with Ubi too, but they are quickly fixing ACU and as of now its pretty damn stable and fantastic. Can we not jump on the "Its cool to hate on Ubi." bandwagon. They didnt run over your dog and they are trying to make things right. Thats about all we can expect right now. Lets wait and see how they handle things going forward before we burn them at the stake.

As for Far Cry 4, as I suspected the only issues seem to be with co-op and online. Something to do with the server. Ubi is working on it. Not that I care about the online stuff but for those hoping to jump right into that stuff ymmv. Single player and all that good stuff seems to be doing great tho.:up:

Last edited:
As for Far Cry 4, as I suspected the only issues seem to be with co-op and online. Something to do with the server. Ubi is working on it. Not that I care about the online stuff but for those hoping to jump right into that stuff ymmv. Single player and all that good stuff seems to be doing great tho.:up:

this is true

source: GI

This game is getting 8s and 9s across the board. And I havent read a single mention of glitches. Im thinking this is nothing but a smear campaign or something on the player's end. Its like people saying that ACU is still glitching and freezing repeatedly after patch 2. I havent had a single glitch since patch one. So either they didnt install the patch properly or their console or PC is the culprit.

If I had listened to the early reports and my own *****ing and moaning and others making ACU out to be the worst thing since Alien Colonial Marines I would have missed out on the best AC game of the series. So Im gonna buy this game tomorrow and see for myself. People need to realize some glitches are inevitible. You cant rid a massive open world sand box game of every single one.

To the members who are afraid to buy it or cant risk taking $60 out of their budget (which I completely understand) for a potentially broken game, I will let yall know how it works for me. Now ymmv and my experience may not be the same ss your's but I figure it wont hurt. If others here who purchase the game would also report how it works for them as well that'd be great. Im also curious to see how varied our experiences are and to get an idea of whether something on each player's end could be be making the glitching worse.
AC:U was pretty damn broken upon release - that is a justifiable complaint, which says a lot considering I'm really forgiving/understanding of the trials of over-worked developers. But like you said, Ubisoft is doing what they can to fix that and the game is markedly better. The biggest, and must unforgiving issue with AC:U is app-locked content (which is reliant on Uplay, which I have NOT ONCE gotten to work). They need to nix app-locked content and scrap Uplay altogether; it's a complete waste of time and resources.

As far as Far Cry 4...I am VERY excited to play this. The biggest complaint that I've seen is that this game's mechanics are no different than Far Cry 3. That's 100% fine with me. Far Cry 3 was an amazing game and the mechanics were nearly flawless. Don't fix what isn't broke.

Ive been frustrated with Ubi too, but they are quickly fixing ACU and as of now its pretty damn stable and fantastic. Can we not jump on the "Its cool to hate on Ubi." bandwagon. They didnt run over your dog and they are trying to make things right. Thats about all we can expect right now. Lets wait and see how they handle things going forward before we burn them at the stake.

I still can't play Unity online. So the patching isn't exactly going all that quickly.

I still can't play Unity online. So the patching isn't exactly going all that quickly.

You mean the side missions? They are working for me.

And just because they havent fixed everything doesnt mean they arent patching quickly. The game has been out a week and we've gotten two patches and a lot of problems ironed out. The online stuff seems to be a server issue not a Unity issue. Its effecting Unity but its not being caused by Unity.

If your product relies on servers for any or all of it's features, you need them to work. Period. It may not be a problem Unity's code, but the servers are built and maintained specifically for the game, so it's completely fair to weigh Ubisoft's server issues against Unity.

Can we not jump on the "Its cool to hate on Ubi." bandwagon. They didnt run over your dog and they are trying to make things right. Thats about all we can expect right now. Lets wait and see how they handle things going forward before we burn them at the stake.

LOL. Did you forget what community you are dealing with? There is NO greater community on the planet when it comes to the epic levels of whiny-ness that gamers put forth. Its truly a sight to behold. No fandom whines and b****es as much as gamers. Whats funny is its really not even that many of them, its just when gamers start whining, they whine and whine and whine and whine. They never let up. I mean the AC Unity thread is a perfect example. You have a handful of the same people constantly regurgitating the same stuff. Say your piece about what ya don't like, then for the love of God, move the f**k on.

If your product relies on servers for any or all of it's features, you need them to work. Period. It may not be a problem Unity's code, but the servers are built and maintained specifically for the game, so it's completely fair to weigh Ubisoft's server issues against Unity.

Thats easier said than done when it comes to servers. They crash and have issues no one can predict. Buddy of mine builds and maintains servers for an international company that stores peoples data on their servers and even they go down on occassion or have issues. Some issues are in house problems some issues begin outside and effect the servers. Some issues happen on the client's end. Even the almighty google has server issues. There about a million things that can go wrong and most qualified companies catch 99.999% of those issues and deal with the rest as quickly as possible. But that .0001% mucks up the works and then people lose it and get their pitchforks. It can get a lot worse. Gamers wanted online gameplay and that involves servers and with servers come problems. There will always be issues when servers are involved. Just have to deal with it as it happens, and resolve the issue as quickly as possible. And we the gamers have to remember that the world will not end if a server has issues for a few days.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"