Far Cry 4 Thread

You mean the side missions? They are working for me.

And just because they havent fixed everything doesnt mean they arent patching quickly. The game has been out a week and we've gotten two patches and a lot of problems ironed out. The online stuff seems to be a server issue not a Unity issue. Its effecting Unity but its not being caused by Unity.
What I am saying is that when ever I am online, the game still crashes. I wanted to play some MP and loot the gold chest. I am not the biggest fan of hard resetting my system. That is a Unity issue. Also, the fixes have resulted in new bugs. My Arno stops fighting, continues to get stuck randomly, and at times just simply refuses to even aim his phantom blade or pistol.

The truth is, this all should have been fixed before release, because this is exactly what happens when you try and patch after release. One fix and then a new bug pops up. To even credit them for this is ridiculous. They knew what they were doing and did it anyways.

Thats easier said than done when it comes to servers. They crash and have issues no one can predict. Buddy of mine builds and maintains servers for an international company that stores peoples data on their servers and even they go down on occassion or have issues. Some issues are in house problems some issues begin outside and effect the servers. Some issues happen on the client's end. Even the almighty google has server issues. There about a million things that can go wrong and most qualified companies catch 99.999% of those issues and deal with the rest as quickly as possible. But that .0001% mucks up the works and then people lose it and get their pitchforks. It can get a lot worse. Gamers wanted online gameplay and that involves servers and with servers come problems. There will always be issues when servers are involved. Just have to deal with it as it happens, and resolve the issue as quickly as possible. And we the gamers have to remember that the world will not end if a server has issues for a few days.
This is exactly why you don't make what is 99% a single player game online dependent. And lets not forget the bullcrap chest thing. Completely unnecessary.

Thats easier said than done when it comes to servers. They crash and have issues no one can predict. Buddy of mine builds and maintains servers for an international company that stores peoples data on their servers and even they go down on occassion or have issues. Some issues are in house problems some issues begin outside and effect the servers. Some issues happen on the client's end. Even the almighty google has server issues. There about a million things that can go wrong and most qualified companies catch 99.999% of those issues and deal with the rest as quickly as possible.

I have friends who handle servers for Facebook and I myself work for a company that relies on servers for their product so this topic is not foreign to me and none of what you've written contradicts what I've said. When Google servers go down, it hurts Google's products and customers. When a game's servers go down, it impacts the game and players. When you, the company, decide that large chunks of your video game must (at times unnecessarily) be dependent on servers (AC:U, I'm looking at you), you need to make sure they work. Because in this case, you aren't just affecting multiplayer, you're affecting the single-player as well, content of which should not be dependent on connecting to any servers in the first place.

It's one thing to have random outages that aren't preventable or are part of the package when dealing with trying to connect countless players across the globe. I'm not talking about that. It's an entirely different matter to force online connection unnecessarily, and then have an utterly broken system like Uplay.

And we the gamers have to remember that the world will not end if a server has issues for a few days.

I fully agree. It isn't the end of the world in any shape or form, but as a consumer, it is a bad business model to become complacent with.

This is exactly why you don't make what is 99% a single player game online dependent. And lets not forget the bullcrap chest thing. Completely unnecessary.
To get back on topic, does FC4 have any of that crap?

That is a very good question. I was considering Far Cry 4, but went with Inquisition instead. After Watch Dogs and Unity, I just couldn't justify it. Plus Smash Bros. on Friday. Ubisoft seems to like to piss away good will every once and while.

I actually really enjoyed Watch Dogs. I'm still not too sure what everyone's problem with that game was.

I haven't read anything that would suggest FC4 has unnecessary online-blocked features on a crappy server, so I guess I'll hope for the best.

Havent seen any mention of that stuff in reviews. IGN have posted their review. They give it an 8.5.

IGN said:
Far Cry 4 has weak characters, but its campaign, co-op, and competitive multiplayer feature incredibly fun freedom.
+Amazing, gorgeous world
+Combat variety
+Strong side-quests/economy
+Versatile PvP combat
– Some terrible characters

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/11/14/far-cry-4-review

I've watched a bunch of streams on this today. It looks awesome. I'm def gonna get it at some point this winter.

I really hope there will be a Blood Dragon sequel as standalone DLC.

It doesn't even have to be a direct sequel. It could be a spiritual sequel.

I really hope there will be a Blood Dragon sequel as standalone DLC.

It doesn't even have to be a direct sequel. It could be a spiritual sequel.
I should of put this up the day it was put up as every where did . F or some reason I thought I didn't have need to.

source: GI

I had to look this up to figure out what was wrong so I thought I'd mention here in case anyone else has an issue with it.

If the weapon wheel keeps popping up randomly on the PS4 version when you run its because your thumb is brushing the touchpad. To stop this go into the options controls and turn the touch pad off.

Anyways hope everyone else is having as much fun as I am!:awesome:

gt_minimassive_farcry4_review.jpg

Far Cry 4
GT's score 8.6

We’ve conquered Kyrat and are ready to advise you on traveling to this beautiful, war-torn playground.
Watch the Review | Read the Review
Posted: 11/21/2014 | Views: 46,279

Far Cry 4 Review

Synopsis: they went hunting in Far cry 4. it has an engaging story & characters, plus it improve upon the best aspect's of Far cry 3 making this one of the best games of the year

Marissa's score 9.5 & Scott's score 9.5

And it's their pick of the Day. here's the full show below
November 21 – Reviews on the Run – Full Show

It's the beginning of the end for Katniss in The Hunger Games - Mockingjay Part 1, Tears become weapons in The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, a new age begins in Dragon Age: Inquisition, build whatever game you want in LittleBigPlanet 3, and

lastly

source: GT , EPN.TV & Giant Bomb

gt_minimassive_farcry4_review.jpg

Far Cry 4
GT's score 8.6

We’ve conquered Kyrat and are ready to advise you on traveling to this beautiful, war-torn playground.
Watch the Review | Read the Review
Posted: 11/21/2014 | Views: 46,279

Far Cry 4 Review

Synopsis: they went hunting in Far cry 4. it has an engaging story & characters, plus it improve upon the best aspect's of Far cry 3 making this one of the best games of the year

Marissa's score 9.5 & Scott's score 9.5

And it's their pick of the Day. here's the full show below
November 21 – Reviews on the Run – Full Show

It's the beginning of the end for Katniss in The Hunger Games - Mockingjay Part 1, Tears become weapons in The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, a new age begins in Dragon Age: Inquisition, build whatever game you want in LittleBigPlanet 3, and

lastly

source: GT , EPN.TV & Giant Bomb

Does that site give anything a bad review? The reviewers gave Unity a 9 and a 9.5.

Wonder what Ubisoft is giving them.

Does that site give anything a bad review? The reviewers gave Unity a 9 and a 9.5.

Wonder what Ubisoft is giving them.

which site would this be Thunder? I posted the Score's for them there . http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=475691&page=41

& I'm sure there was no 0.9's scored for Unity from those 3 there was for Rogue though

But if you want to know who was nuts enough to put a 9 it's in this meta review they're called games beat
Metareview: Assassin's Creed: Unity | Joystiq

Nov 11, 2014 ... As Assassin's Creed: Unity leapt down to PC, Xbox One and PS4 today, it was met with a mixed critical response. Our review of the game got ...

Last edited:
In regards to Watch Dogs.. I just thought it was literally THE most boring game I've ever played.

Never played a Far Cry game before (always wanted to) so I decided to buy this yesterday. First off what a stunning game this is on a technical level. The open world is massive and you can literally go anywhere and do anything. That along with the mission structure is very reminiscent of Grand Theft Auto, which is always a plus in my book.

The gameplay is fast, fun, unpredictable and therefore memorable. I can't tell you how awesome it was to chase after an envoy of soldiers, take one truck out with my pistol while driving, speed up ahead by taking a shortcut, lay down some C4 and blow up the remaining trucks as they approach. Not to mention you can ride a damn elephant and cause all sorts of chaos. I think this might be the most fun I've had since GTA 5 actually, though the story in FC4 leaves much to be desired. Regardless, it's a game that needs to be played if you're a newcomer to the franchise.

Last edited:
Never played a Far Cry game before (always wanted to) so I decided to buy this yesterday. First off what a stunning game this is on a technical level. The open world is massive and you can literally go anywhere and do anything. That along with the mission structure is very reminiscent of Grand Theft Auto, which is always a plus in my book.

The gameplay is fast, fun, unpredictable and therefore memorable. I can't tell you how awesome it was to chase after an envoy of soldiers, take one truck out with my pistol while driving, speed up ahead by taking a shortcut, lay down some C4 and blow up the remaining trucks as they approach. Not to mention you can ride a damn elephant and cause all sorts of chaos. I think this might be the most fun I've had since GTA 5 actually, though the story in FC4 leaves much to be desired. Regardless, it's a game that needs to be played if you're a newcomer to the franchise.

If you have a last gen console pick up Far Cry 3 too. It can be had for really cheap and it's a lot of fun too. Ive played it for two years and have beat it four times and I still find stuff to do and try. The story is much better than Far Cry 4 and the villain Vaas is a lot more enjoyable.

Story shortcomings aside tho I'm enjoying Far Cry 4 just as much as 3. This is easily my favorite franchise. It's just so much fun.

If you have a last gen console pick up Far Cry 3 too. It can be had for really cheap and it's a lot of fun too. Ive played it for two years and have beat it four times and I still find stuff to do and try. The story is much better than Far Cry 4 and the villain Vaas is a lot more enjoyable.

Story shortcomings aside tho I'm enjoying Far Cry 4 just as much as 3. This is easily my favorite franchise. It's just so much fun.
Yeah I've heard great things about FC3. My ps3 is in the closet somewhere. I might have to take it out and give FC3 a go.

Almost done with GTAV's campaign so should be jumping into this sometime this week. Really excited to give this a go after all gameplay videos I've watched.

The main story in this game is very interesting. Not in its telling, but in the technical layout. You have four or five different people that give you quests. In the case of Amita and Sabal there are missions where they have opposing views on how to accomplish goals and you get to pick between the two. Depending on who's mission you choose effects the rest of the game with a domino effect. Amita seems to want to try to modernize Kyrat by using the drug trade while Sabal is a traditionalist and more about charging with guns blazing. Whichever one you choose almost always puts you at odds with the other one.

Should give the game a lot of replay value.

And the thing is there's something you can do at the start that can pretty much allow you to beat the game right then and there. Which is hilariously clever on the dev team's part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"