Far Cry 4 Thread

I heard about that but wanna wait until my second play through to try it.

So this game managed to make me actually feel guilty about killing someone. I was sent on a mission to either kill or confront a person that had been working for Pagan because he had her family. Mind you've actually been helping this person to get her family back. Well you sneak through her place and she's addressing her people proudly when you reach her. The game has you walk up behind her and it points the gun right at the back of her head for you and you can pull the trigger or confront her. I didnt even hesitate. I pulled the trigger shot her in the back of the head and she fell over a ledge and just something about the way she just goes quite and falls was entirely too realistically done for me. I actually felt repulsed. Then the game cuts to you walking outside and her people are crying and in disbelief and then Pagan calls and tells you the truth about her and how he made her life a living hell.
Needless to say I felt like complete ****. Well done, game.

That is what a good game does. You should feel bad about it.

Finally got into this last night. The driving/piloting leaves a little to be desired but the wide open approach to missions is hella fun. Having a blast so far.

I had to switch the driving controls back to "classic". I didnt like the accelerate decelerate and breaking all on the same stick. Now its like it was in far cry 3.

How did it control in 3? I feel like anything else would be an upgrade to these controls.

I enjoyed this game but I couldn't help and feel that this was a Far Cry 3.5. I wasn't that pumped when playing like I was with it's antecessor.

Just a heads up this game has about 5 different endings. Two of which are unmarked and follow the credits.

The hidden Sabal post credits ending takes place at the sacred temple you take back from Pagans men in the third act.

The hidden Amita ending takes place at the village of Tirsha (sp?).

You can kill one of them if you want to. I did.

There are no mission markers for either one of the above missions.

Also
if you don't shoot Pagan he will tell you the story of your parents and Laksmana. After which he flies off on a helicopter, and you walk away and the game ends. Howwever you can shoot the helicopter down if you want to with an RPG and then make your way down to the crash site and loot his body. He has about 500,000 rupees worth of items on him.

Last edited:
Pagan was the least 'bad guy' at the end lol.

I killed both Sabal and Amita. I'm proud of it.

I'm crossing my fingers that this goes on a cyber Monday sale.

I don't have proof yet, but I'm trying to get some. Just read this on another forum:

Patch 1.02 actually patches out effects for the PS4 version of Far Cry 4. Effects which in no way were hurting the PS4's performance

Again, I don't have proof yet so lets not get angry just yet, but its something I wanna look into and if anyone else has heard about it or has proof please post it.

Edit: Here is a video showing it: [YT]jb09dUEaR9M[/YT]

Apparently, Ubisoft is saying it's a bug that popped up in the last patch and they are working on a patch to put it back in.

Last edited:
Any PS4 owners with a Key to Kyrat they care to share?

So this is the second time this has happened. I don't see myself going digital now until this crap stops happening.

Love the range of animals in this.

Yeah, they really sell it.

Better hop on it then! You've got 10 hours! Or however many hours 'til your nearest Target closes. :up:

I'm still waiting for it to go lower. lol. I've got enough of a back log. This will be twenty soon enough!

[YT]A8jhSNqgggk[/YT]
Far Cry 4: Valley of the Yetis DLC Unveiled

Far Cry 4 is going to learn how to catch a Yeti on March 10. That's when the first big batch of DLC for the game will launch on consoles and the PC. Known as Far Cry 4: Valley of the Yetis, it will give players a new story campaign where the main hero, Ajay Ghale, crash lands in the Himalayas high above Kyrat. You’ll have a snowy new region to explore as you try to survive against the frozen elements, and to make matters worse, there’s a deadly cult known as The Awakened Ones that’s out to get you. Judging by the trailer, it looks like the cult has something to do with the creepy Masks of Yalung that were scattered across Kyrat in the main game.

As the title implies, Valley of the Yetis will also feature appearances by the fearsome mythological creatures, also known as Abominable Snowmen. It looks like this will help give the DLC the same blend of gritty realism and mythological fantasy that was found in the main campaign.
The DLC promises to introduce a new gameplay mechanic where Ajay must defend his base camp from invaders. It’s kind of similar to defending your outposts from being retaken, but you’ll be able to unlock new upgrades and items that help ward off your foes. If you need a hand, the 2-player co-op will be back, but unlike the main game, you’ll be able to play everything in the DLC with a friend, and not just the side quests.

Also with

Fight Giant Yetis In Far Cry 4 DLC This March

dlc
on Feb 26, 2015 at 01:11 PM
xboxone-icon.png
pc-icon.png
xbox360-icon.png

Ubisoft announced that Far Cry 4's Valley of the Yetis DLC hits March 10 along with a new trailer.
... More

source: EPN.TV & GI

Haha, kitchen sink time.

I heard about that but wanna wait until my second play through to try it.

So this game managed to make me actually feel guilty about killing someone. I was sent on a mission to either kill or confront a person that had been working for Pagan because he had her family. Mind you've actually been helping this person to get her family back. Well you sneak through her place and she's addressing her people proudly when you reach her. The game has you walk up behind her and it points the gun right at the back of her head for you and you can pull the trigger or confront her. I didnt even hesitate. I pulled the trigger shot her in the back of the head and she fell over a ledge and just something about the way she just goes quite and falls was entirely too realistically done for me. I actually felt repulsed. Then the game cuts to you walking outside and her people are crying and in disbelief and then Pagan calls and tells you the truth about her and how he made her life a living hell.
Needless to say I felt like complete ****. Well done, game.

It's OK.

I didn't pull the trigger and she turned around, said some things to me, then killed herself. Pagan still called to tell me about her family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"