• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Walking Dead Fear the Walking Dead General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
B_rV8QxUcAAmlV_.jpg:large

B_ri15WUsAADWol.jpg:large

Characters dramatically looking at things, very interesting!

Characters dramatically looking at things, very interesting!

LOL a zombie show with less emphasis on zombies doesn't sound too thrilling. Hopefully it proves to be something more than that, a 2 season commitment is a bit much for something that doesn't atleast seem good.

Then again, they could just be hoping for the fans of the core series to hop over and carry it despite how good or bad it is. I guess we will see.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL a zombie show with less emphasis on zombies doesn't sound too thrilling. Hopefully it proves to be something more than that, a 2 season commitment is a bit much for something that doesn't atleast seem good.

You've come to this conclusion based on the zero seconds of footage we've seen? :o

While I am eager to see more of this personally I have to wonder if they aren't overestimating the average viewer's appetite for zombie-themed programming.

Also, setting it in LA :down

I'm interested in this. One of the problems with so many zombie or alien invasion movies (or TV shows) is that they feel too small. When something is a global threat, then I want to see how it effects things all over the world, not just one small group of characters. This is why I prefer Independence Day to War of the Worlds (any version). While it's not necessarily a bad thing to only focus on a small group of people, I just generally enjoy seeing how this sort of thing affects everyone.

I'm interested to see how this looks. I'm so used to seeing this world in 16mm. Is it the same? Or shot digitally?

Last edited:
Change this to Fear the Walking Dead post haste.

They were never going to pass up on that franchise title, though.

At least it's better than The Walking Dead: Cobalt.

Day of the Walking Dead
Dawn of the Walking Dead
Night of the Walking Dead
Land of the Walking Dead
Diary of the Walking Dead
Survival of the Walking Dead

Day of the Walking Dead
Dawn of the Walking Dead
Land of the Walking Dead

Dawn actually could've worked well for what this show seems to be, but I imagine there would have been copyright issues.

Apparently this show will catch up to the timeline of the main show, so "Dawn" wouldn't really work.

It would work if they gave every season it's own title like Spartacus or American Horror Story, and that was the first season's title.

Day of the Walking Dead
Dawn of the Walking Dead
Land of the Walking Dead

Dawn of the Planet of the Walking Dead

Are we going to get a separate forum dedicated to Fear the Walking Dead?

I'm the opposite. it's painfully curious for me to find out what it is, and the lack of an explanation is impractical.

I think they are blaming it on flu shots in the previews for the new series.

LOL, somewhere Jenny McCarthy is saying, "I KNEW IT!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!"

I have very, very little faith that the spin-off will be very interesting...and they are risking burning people out on the franchise as a whole, which would be a disastrous mistake for AMC.

I would have preferred Frank Darabont's original idea. I think between season 1 and 2 he was going to do a tv movie about the fall of Atlanta, ending with the soldiers in the tank that Rick briefly found himself in. I think it might have been cool to have something like a limited series following Sasha and Tyrese's group between seasons, and then when the next season is in swing, they find their way to Rick's group. So, the mini-series/tv movie idea would be such that it wasn't involving the main cast, but it would help fill out the world for those who want to know more.

Well this show is somewhat a mini-series....it's only going to be 6 episodes long.

That's just the first season.

And it has already been picked up for a 2nd season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"