The Walking Dead Fear the Walking Dead General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering it takes place in a very different location than TWD does, I wouldn't assume there would be any ties. It can't really be a Frasier-type spinoff where it's like "Hey, Glenn and Maggie move to California and open their own pizzaria!" or anything like that. With the exception of Morgan (and we know where he probably is) and that family in the first season, everyone is either dead or still with the group. Oh, and Beth too. But I'm sure she'll be in one category or the other by midseason.

:cwink:

But yeah, I'm hoping this is good. I like the cast so far and it'll be neat to watch a Walking Dead show without knowing which characters are going to die and what happens when.

I don't know. Watching Zombies get owned over and over again is fun but what can they really do? Go someplace cold? Tropical? A boat?

I'm interested to see where it goes but it better be different than where they are or I am going to get board fast.

Kim Dickens is the female lead???

Damn, now I might have to watch this...

All I know is these f***ers better migrate along the way. Los Angeles is just such a boring choice of location. Come to Nor Cal. Go to Nevada. Go somewhere else.

Oh, stop being so dramatic. It probably doesn't need a gimmick to stand on it's own.

tumblr_nc1g3ltciP1r5spg1o2_500.gif

Pacific Northwest would have been a nice location. Zombie sasquatch!

LA is cheap I guess.

I think it'd be interesting if it was from the government or CDC's perspective but honestly I hope they NEVER reveal the cause of the outbreak/zombie apocalypse.

I'm the opposite. it's painfully curious for me to find out what it is, and the lack of an explanation is impractical.

Robert Kirkman says 'Walking Dead' spinoff will be 'startlingly different'
http://insidetv.ew.com/2015/01/16/walking-dead-spinoff-robert-kirkman/

“I will say that this is going to be a show about family,” says Kirkman. “But it’s going to be a show about a different type of family that we haven’t explored in The Walking Dead thus far. So what we’re trying to do with The Walking Dead spinoff is keep the story as familiar as possible for people that love The Walking Dead, so you’ll get the kind of things that you expect from a Walking Dead story. But, at the same time, we’ll want to tell these stories in a completely different way with completely different people in a completely different setting that’s going to make for a fundamentally different show. I think the look and feel of The Walking Dead spinoff is going to be startlingly different.”

“You could watch The Walking Dead spinoff if you’ve never watched an episode of The Walking Dead and get a really great, rich, fulfilling experience out of it. It has to be a show that can stand on its own. I think that’s what we’ve accomplished, and we start filming in a couple of days. I’m really excited.”

Kirkman also confirms that no characters from the original comic book will appear on the new show, which makes sense seeing as how they take place on opposite sides of the country. “It’s Los Angeles. It’s a corner of the world that we have never explored in the comic book series. So, theoretically, something like this could be happening in Los Angeles in the comic book series, but we don’t show you this area of the country in the comic book series. So it fits within that world, but it is all new characters, all new events and all kinds of crazy stuff.”

To further differentiate the two TV versions of The Walking Dead, the new pilot will be directed by Adam Davidson, a newcomer to this world. “He hasn’t directed The Walking Dead,” says Kirkman. “So that is one way that we’re trying to bring a new directing style to the show—to bring in new visual language to this show. That’s something that Adam is working really hard to bring. He’ll largely be responsible for the different look and feel that makes the show stand on it’s own.”
What do you guys think on how the shows will be different from each other?

I haven't given it much thought. I'm really not all that interested in this.

What do you guys think on how the shows will be different from each other?

He's so vague it's kind of hard to really think anything at the moment. The choice of location is boring, but I like the casting I've seen so far and I like the idea of a series that is in no way tethered to source material. Anything goes.

I wonder what they'll call this.

The Walking Dead: Los Angeles
The Walking Dead: Special Walker Victims Unit
The Walking Dead: The Next Generation
The Walking Dead: Fire Walk with Me
The Walking Dead: To Die and Live in LA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"