The Wolverine Five things you DON'T want in 'The Wolverine'

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
Hi guys, what sort of thing do you not want in 'The Wolverine'?

1. Too many characters. To be honest I don't want to see any of the X-men in this except Charles at the start having a conversation with Wolverine, explaining his mental state and where he's at at the films beginning (This would be great for Patrick Stewart's return which he's kind of been hinting at lately)

2. Mariko to just be an Asian Jean Grey

3. Too many comedy moments. Some are fine if they add to the character but no slapstick

4. Not too many attempts to dodge the violence. Wolverine unsheathes his claws...approaches an enemy and... cuts the lights with his hand. Not clever. Also, don't be one of those films where the Japanese characters speak perfect English in private dialogue. Embrace the language barrier

5. Hugh Jackman to shout "NOOOOOOOO" while looking up at the sky. He does it alot and hopefully he and the director can think of a more powerful way to show emotion.

Yours?

1. PG-13 rating.

2. Major deviations from Aronofsky's script.

3. More mutants besides Wolverine.

4. Japanese people speaking to each other in english.

5. Comedy/humor/kid-friendly antics.

4. Not too many attempts to dodge the violence. Wolverine unsheathes his claws...approaches an enemy and... cuts the lights with his hand. Not clever.

I agree. Wolverine needs to be brutal. At least the last game managed to deliver on some of that.

1. PG-13 rating.

2. Major deviations from Aronofsky's script.

3. More mutants besides Wolverine.

4. Japanese people speaking to each other in english.

5. Comedy/humor/kid-friendly antics.

hit the nail right on the head, especially with #4

hope it's more in line with First Class, than with X3 & Origins

1. Viper without the green Hair

2. Cheesey and cliche

3. Zero chemistry between Wolverine and his love interest

4. Bad movie

5. Predictable story

1. Just an random action movie...

2. Viper being someone else (or not being even close to her)

3. Just a random action scene between SS and Wolv

4. Not showing any blood ( like in any other X movies)

5. Random score

1. Just an random action movie...

2. Viper being someone else (or not being even close to her)

3. Just a random action scene between SS and Wolv

4. Not showing any blood ( like in any other X movies)

5. Random score
w1fdj.jpg
[/IMG]

2arlu1.jpg

i4pl4y.jpg

But yeah,I know what you mean

Last edited:
I dont want to see the fantastic special effects of the claws we got in Origins, primarily in the scene while he's in the bathroom at the farm. That was just AWFUL.

Does someone have a gif of him cutting down the ladder? I need a good laugh today.

I don't want to see Wolverine walking away from a fiery explosion in slow motion, it's been done to death.

I don't want to see Wolverine walking away from a fiery explosion in slow motion, it's been done to death.

How about him running away screaming :woot:?

Further continuity complications!

1. Romance. They can have a love interest for him, but I never really thought of Wolverine as a romantic. That's one area where XO: Wolverine f#cked up.
2. Goofy Wolverine.
3. Too much Jean Grey. I don't want much of this movie dedicated to Wolverine moping around over his lost love.
4. Native Japanese with American accents.
5. Overuse of CGI.

I don't want him looking at the camera and flexing with his arms back.

he did that in EVERY SCENE in that XO:W movie

Everything that was in XO:W, yeah, I don't want to see any of that.

I don't want Silver Samurai to just be some random Samurai he fights in one scene or some big, silent, pointless enemy.

I agree with every single thing in this thread.

Also, not too much "Big" over the top action, and not a lot of CG. The trailer has me very worried about that.

Pg:13 is inevitable. Honestly people have a hard on for the R rating without understand what it means. Now if you want some Evil Dead type gore happening then ain't going to happen. But I think a slightly bloodier X-2 fight is far more feasible.

1. Too much focus on this as part of a franchise. It seemed from early on this was going to be disconnected from the other X-Men films. But now we see Jean Grey and we're being told it takes place after X3. This franchise is just too convoluted at this point. Just tell us damn Wolverine story apart from the X-Men.

2. No more toned down Wolverine. We were told throughout the X movies Wolverine did all kinds of regrettable stuff in his past. He talks a lot about it in Origins but we never really see him full berserker and unleash violence he later regrets.

3. No over-romanticizing Jean Grey. Really afraid this will happen. In the comic world it's different because those characters had much more history. In the movies they flirted for a bit and that was it. They never consummated it. We don't even know if Jean Grey loved Wolverine back. It's never really made clear if you look back on it. There's no reason he should be moping over her at this point. He's lost lots of loved ones, that should be the issue.

I don't want to see too much focus on this concept of Wolverine losing his healing factor.

He's supposed to be a tough as nails loner. Not some guy walking around saying "woe is me, I'm going to live forever, wah".

Wolverine without his healing factor is just stupid!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"