The Wolverine What characters do you want to return/appear in Wolverine 2

ALittlePush

Civilian
Reaction score
Simple question. What characters do you want to see return/appear in Wolverine 2?

I would like to see Victor Creed and Gambit return. I thought they were some of the best bits in Wolverine.

I would love to see both Victor Creed but it would be difficult because of wolverines mind loss.

Gambit on the other hand could return because if you look at the scenes where Wolverine and Gambit had there were only current so Wolverine doesnt really have much history with Gambit, if you recalled, they meet, they mention stryker, they fight, there on a plane, later Gambit returns to help Wolverine out... so really Gambit doesnt know much about Wolverines past, Wolverine never said anything about how he left them and what he did there... so Gambit only knows a little bit about stryker but doesnt know what wolverines involvement is, only that he wanted revenge. Gambit also knew that wolverine was successful in getting his revenge and he rescued some kids... so Wolverine could potentially seek out what happened to cyclops and the others to find out his past, which would make sense of x-men first class as a brief cameo.

I'm probably the only person that will say this, but I wouldn't mind Deadpool popping up for a few scenes. In his costume that is.

I'd like to see Sabertooth, Omega Red, and Gambit as well. :D

All I want is some characters that actually belong in a Wolverine movie.

Wouldnt mind Gambit making another appearence, hopefully with a bit more screentime this time, and I wouldnt mind a cameo by Creed and Stryker either.

My cameo idea is this, could be an after credits scene, Creed is lying on a table in a lab, , Stryker says he has developed a mutant enhancer syrum, and this is the only way he cant get him close to Wolverine as Creed wouldnt survive the adamantium bonding process, Stryker injects it into him, and on the table we see Creed morph more into the Sabretooth from X1, Stryker asks him how he feels, Creed roars, hits Stryker, obviously not killing him, and jumps through the wall into the wilderness.

Would then tie it into X1 brilliantly.

I'm not sure if I like the idea of Gambit returning. I'd much rather see the introduction of Alpha Flight, Silver Samurai, or maybe some X-Force (Forge, X-23, Vanisher, Wolfsbane..etc).

Having Creed return seems like a no-brainer..

Last edited:
Sabretooth, Mariko, and thats really all i got, Omega Red would be cool though

Sabertooth was the best and most wasted part of XOW. I'd like to see him in a better role.

Victor Creed, except as a minor character this time for some other major character to be the villain.

Mariko is a cert.
I will be pissed off if we don't get the Silver Samurai in the Japan movie, we need a great fight between those two, his mutant energy channeled through his sword can cut through Logan's adamantium bones(according to issue 2 vol1 of Wolverine), so he has to be in there, an opponent who actually poses a serious mortal threat to Logan.

Sunfire would be good too, he was always good value as a loudmouthed arrogant type.

I would also like to see Gambit return as I liked their buddy vibe on the plane in xmo:w. But, I think I would prefer him to accidently run into Logan in a 3rd movie set in Madripoor. That seems like the kind of place a gambler and thief like Gambit would end up, instead of just having him randomly show up in Japan.
If he doesn't show up in a Wolverine solo flick, I'd like to see him in one of the First Class movies. Ideally both, have him in X-Men, have him leave the school, and then show up in Wolverine 3, so they can all be linked up in a cool way without Logan cameoing in X-men, which would be a mistake.
I thought the kid was good as Gambit, they should definitely use him for another X-film.

I would also like to see Rough-house and Bloodscream, ideally in Madripoor, but Japan would be fine too.

It's a pity they wasted Lady Deathstrike as nothing more than a sfx in X2, she would have been good for a Wolverine solo.

I still think that IF (and that's a big if) Gambit were in Japan it could make sense. Thieves travel a lot. His motives don't have to have anything to do with Wolverine.

Sabretooth, Maverick(Not agent Zero), Silver Samurai,and maybe Lady Deathstrike. She has to come about eventually

I still think that IF (and that's a big if) Gambit were in Japan it could make sense. Thieves travel a lot. His motives don't have to have anything to do with Wolverine.

Yeah, I suppose i was thinking of him showing up later in somewhere like Madripoor because it's lowtown is a haven for the gamblers and thiefs and the like.

If they do have him showing up in Japan, I would like there to be some kind of plot point involving mutants bringing them together. As it might feel like too much of a coincidental convenience bringing them back together on the other side of the world just by chance in the next movie.Maybe someone is recruiting mutant thiefs/crooks/tough guys specifically, so Gambit is there, and an offer is made to Logan after someone sees him in action.

I'd say as many characters that would make sense. Silver Samurai will more than likely be involved, as would Mariko. A cameo appearance from a young version of Lady Deathstrike would be cool, as would some other Japanese characters that wouldn't otherwise be used in the other X-Movies (ie. Sunfire/Sunpyre)

None x-man/woman.

Let the xmen stay away from this spìn-off. Wolverine 1 was enough.

Yeah, we don't need to see young Xavier and Magneto appearing out of nowhere, just so some fanboys can squeal at the needless cameos. The story doesn't need to be a team movie - it is a Wolverine SOLO movie afterall - so only the bare minimum should be used. Take it from Watchmen, which only had 6 main characters and still managed to be relatively truthful to the comics, as well as carry a great story for the film.

You know i think the young xavier we saw at the end of Origins could return... maybe in a small cameo.

That would add a new element to the story (which was explored recently in a Wolverine: Origins/X-Men Legacy crossover that saw that Xavier had met Logan prior to recruiting him), but I'd prefer it if they simplify the timeline in order to keep the integrity of the original trilogy intact. Otherwise, this might as well be a franchise reboot, and we can just get moving towards the Dark Phoenix Saga again

Mariko, Yukio, and the silver samurai......how about just characters that actually belong in the original Japanese storyline...please no more cameos.

I would like to see silver samurai and mariko in significant roles, I think the samurai could slice wolverines eye and we could see wolverine with an eyepatch at one part while his healing factor is trying to over come the injury, maybe have the samurais energy ****** his healing factor temporarily.

I wouldn't mind seeing alpha flight in a post credits cameo. I think wolverine and marikos relationship should be explored and it could show how she develops the healing factor so she can withstand the adimantium process.
I wouldn't mind seeing stryker approach her in a post credit scene also. after wolverine leaves her in japan.

I could see them using forge also as wolverines support in this movie coming up with something that is able to deflect the samurais sword which wolverine uses to beat him.
samurai should also be the one that kills marikos father as a way of getting to wolverine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"