The Wolverine What characters do you want to return/appear in Wolverine 2

Yuriko is Deathstrike, jsut so ya know, they didnt make them the same person in X2 did they?

Yuriko is Deathstrike, jsut so ya know, they didnt make them the same person in X2 did they?

at the time of posting I did not know and they could still work with it, just have to fudge with the characters a little, like they always do in these movies.

I did a little research on it and what if they made it so the samurai was like yurikos father or something along those lines, I am a comic reader just not a big wolverine reader.

i know the Silver Samurai is Mariko's cousin

well maybe yuriko could be one the samurais partners or a girlfriend of that sort.

That would raise the question of how Logan didn't recognize her from the second film. Unless more adamantium bullets are lying around, of course

Samurai's sword i believe not only nutralizes Logan's healing factor, but cant it cut through Adamantium? imnot sure im not very versed in the characters history or powers.

if they use Yuriko, i jsut read her history and she only has connections to Logan's past becuase ehr father invented the bonding process

They would probably change up Silver Samurai's powers a little, like they've done with a lot of the characters in the movies. His powers could probably charge up his sword (think Gambit without the explosions), but the sword itself will more than likely be a normal weapon. Maybe Logan could destroy his sword early on, and he eventually gets a pure adamantium one to face Logan for the honor of Mariko, and they could have Deathstrike's father be the one to craft the sword (just as a nice nod to the books, nothing major). And you might be thinking of the Muramasa(?) blade that neutralizes the healing factor of mutants, though I wouldn't be surprised if the two were combined as one for the sake of the movie.

maybe ive been reading too much about comics sword, but i remember how SS's sword was special for some reason, i jsut cant remember exactly. maybe a mention of the Maramusa or an allusion to it could be a cool nod to the fans

That would raise the question of how Logan didn't recognize her from the second film. Unless more adamantium bullets are lying around, of course

or they could retcon it and say its because of his healing factor erasing hurtful memories lol

if were going to japan, no question- Mariko and Silver Samurai.

maybe ive been reading too much about comics sword, but i remember how SS's sword was special for some reason, i jsut cant remember exactly. maybe a mention of the Maramusa or an allusion to it could be a cool nod to the fans

It can cut through anything but adamantium, so it could do damage to Logan, but he'd heal right up because SS can't very well cut him to bits until the bits stop healing, if he can't even cut through the bone.

or they could retcon it and say its because of his healing factor erasing hurtful memories lol

That was a pretty lame move in the comics, but it worked for what it was in Origin. In the movies, it wouldn't get the timing or effort put towards making it believable - it would just be dropped there as an idea and we'd have to accept it by the time the movie already moved on.

It can cut through anything but adamantium, so it could do damage to Logan, but he'd heal right up because SS can't very well cut him to bits until the bits stop healing, if he can't even cut through the bone.

That was a pretty lame move in the comics, but it worked for what it was in Origin. In the movies, it wouldn't get the timing or effort put towards making it believable - it would just be dropped there as an idea and we'd have to accept it by the time the movie already moved on.

Yukio, who is not Yuriko, or Mariko, was like Logan's Black Cat, introducing her could be interesting

Damn, i thought his sword and mutant energy could cut through adamantium. In Wolverine vol1 no2, while fighting him Wolverine thinks...'he channels his mutant energy through his sword, which can cut through anything, including, he likes to boast, my adamantium skeleton.'

I suppose he could have just been boasting about that, and not known if it was true, when he was fighting logan he did not know it was wolverine as logan was in the 'Patch' identity.

According to Marvel.com, Samurai did use the Muramasa blade at one time, which is the one that neutralizes the healing factor of mutants. So it is possible that the sword he used when he said that could have been the same blade, though I'm still not sure whether Muramasa is powerful enough to cut through adamantium as well

I think Matsu'o Tsurayaba should definitely be in the next film, and then through him they can introduce Omega Red who Matsu'o hires to take down Wolverine because Logan is causing some problem in the villages. i think it would be a really great idea.

agreed they would probably say its a side effect of wolverine losing his healing factor and when it comes back he starts forgetting things would be stupid yet funny to see at the same time

He should just drink sake until he forgets how to blink and while his body starts healing up from that, some of his memories are permanently lost.

a real interpretation of Deadpool (4th wall and all) to offer a better segway into his own film :)

Wolverine was pretty good, and of course you could use Styker and Sabertooth again, because they appeared in the actual X-Men trilogy. But Gambit could for sure make a return, and i would like to see the Blob return, just to have something to laugh at...

if Logan met Vic again then why wouldnt he remember him in X1?
thats my only problem with bringing back Sabretooth

That's why Sabretooth should go over to First Class, so we still get the character, we get to close the gap between the end of Wolverine and the beginning of X-MEN, and we also get a mutant or two on Magneto's side of things in that film.

It's a shame that Logan didn't remember Sabretooth in the first movie.. the whole "Imma gut you on yer birthday" idea between them is ridiculous, but a cool part of their relationship, and it was also in one of the early drafts of that script - I guess dropping it just helped move things forward faster.

i actually totally forget about the birthay gutting, and i play Vic over at Allstar, though that version is different in alot of ways

i actually totally forget about the birthay gutting, and i play Vic over at Allstar, though that version is different in alot of ways

It's alright - I RPed for about four years, and after a while of that I started to merge what was going on in the RP with the comic continuity :funny:

haha, nice, , Allstar is always looking for new blood :awesome: *shameless Advertising*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"