Days of Future Past Forum Warning

Lightning Strykez!

Former Mod On Pension Pay
Reaction score
I am going to take my "fellow fanboy" hat off and put on my true-blood Red one here for a minute:

I am very quickly tiring of the lack of patience in this forum for anyone who has a different view from the majority.

I have seen several thread situations where there are 2 or 3 pages of users jump on the back of others who simply voice a differing opinion. As if to say, "If we just barrage him/her with comments and keep hitting them over their head with the thought that their views are misinformed/lame/stupid/narrow, etc., etc., they will eventually just shut up and stop raining on our Parade of Gushfest."

When did we get into the business of mass-conversion?

That has to stop. :dry:

Did you know that over the last several weeks, I have had a number of Hypesters PM me wishing they could voice their true thoughts here, but feel they have no place "against the current"? Yeah...For example, if one looks at our Front Page and reads the talk-back (which often comes from Non X-Forum Regulars) you'll find that some of the non-complimentary views about this Emma Frost character costume design are actually commonly shared by a lot of people. Yet, for some reason, they just don't feel they can speak up much in here on the forum. I wonder why that is? :rolleyes:

Interestingly enough, I personally think the photographed costume is lackluster. But I had a chance to express that and actually experienced what some have complained about. I totally get why some are discouraged with both the production and not having the avenue "to vent" without being beat up. This makes posters--who often have very valid reasons for feeling the way they do--not want to come in here. Perhaps that's the goal here...I dunno. :huh:

However, I work here so...

...I am drawing the line in the mud now. I will never call anyone who loves this film a "sheep" or any other derrogatory term. That's both disrespectful and an insult to the intelligence. But by the same token, I will not tolerate a lack of patience with those who are not thrilled with the production either.

Imitate the X-Men--the characters we all love so dearly--by preserving tolerance for all, especially your peers.

Consider this a warning for all.

--Caliph

I honestly haven't seen any of what you're talking about. But, I guess I'm just blind and fappin' hard over this film. . .

There's a difference between not liking something and simply hating something and using ill-logic to confirm an opinion as fact. Someone like Blackman expressed how he wasn't liking how Emma was looking but understood that it was just a set photo and he was waiting it out. On the opposite side you have Billy who didn't like it and went on to make ignorant comments about the fashion of the time and how the entire film was basically stupid. A few posters countered his claim, and were then labeled as "gushers".

This cycle has always gone on over internet message boards. Actually it was the same during X3. The only difference was that you, Lightning, were looking forward to that film and your opinion on the "HATERS Vs LOVERS" was quite different than now, when you're not.

Haters gonna hate.
Lovers gonna love.

We have 9 months left. I doubt things will change anytime soon. :cool:

He has a point. I did get virtually attacked for sharing my opinion. I almost thought about just giving up on the Hype for a while because of it.

I echo JP's sentiment. I'm not fully impressed with the look but I don't feel scared to voice my dissatisfaction. In fact I feel more compelled to voice my dissatisfaction at some of the arguments against this film so far. I think it's too early to make any real conclusions from the outfit even if I'm not bedazzled by it and I find it strange other people are making odd conclusions. And if someone finds those conclusions to be odd and illogical I don't see why they shouldn't be able to counter them. Most of the supposed intolerance I've seen here is people going against the merits of a person's arguments against this film and not the person's actual opinion.

I wasn't here during X3 but I was during Wolverine and I didn't think the atmosphere around there was any friendlier. In fact after the leak it was pretty toxic. If people are feeling persecuted now I wonder how bad things are get when info really starts coming out.

Where was this concern back when the Singer interview came out and EVERYONE was unhappy except for a select few posters? I certainly wasn't crying about my opinion not being respected.

Heck, I've been debating issues with this film since May. So, to pretend that everyone on this forum is suddenly in love and looking forward to it is an utter lie.

Reminds me of the bandwagoning thread....

And like LS said, the "majority" is not really the "majority", it's just the people who post ALOT

I wasn't here during X3 but I was during Wolverine and I didn't think the atmosphere around there was any friendlier. In fact after the leak it was pretty toxic. If people are feeling persecuted now I wonder how bad things are get when info really starts coming out.

I was new here during X3. And it wasn't any better then.

People should feel free to post negative opinions. And it's weird to be posting that, because I feel 99% of what goes on here are negative opinions.

But on that same note, it also seems to me that any sort of cautious optimism about this movie is greeted with daily reminders that "FOX IS TEH DEVIL!!" and that anyone hoping this one might turn out all right is wasting their time.

And it's entirely within the realm of possibility that this movie will suck. Because, you know...Fox actually is the devil. But we're not going to shut down all discussions in anticipation of the possible suckage. Positive opinions should be as welcome as negative opinions.

Frankly, I'd rather just see some real discussion of the film rather than go through the evil Fox rounds again and again.

I was new here during X3. And it wasn't any better then.

People should feel free to post negative opinions. And it's weird to be posting that, because I feel 99% of what goes on here are negative opinions.

But on that same note, it also seems to me that any sort of cautious optimism about this movie is greeted with daily reminders that "FOX IS TEH DEVIL!!" and that anyone hoping this one might turn out all right is wasting their time.

And it's entirely within the realm of possibility that this movie will suck. Because, you know...Fox actually is the devil. But we're not going to shut down all discussions in anticipation of the possible suckage. Positive opinions should be as welcome as negative opinions.

Frankly, I'd rather just see some real discussion of the film rather than go through the evil Fox rounds again and again.

I forgot to close this thread; I didn't intend for a discussion. But it may be healthy to "vent this out" so I guess I'll let it stay open. :up:

I think that you've hit the nail on the head. Given the pluses of this film's production (director, writers, theme, etc.), I believe that if it was being made by another studio ALL of us would be united in optimism. Why? Because it'd be undiscovered territory again...not retreaded territory.

However, there are a LOT of people who are dissapointed with the past--burned by it even. It seems that that number has grown in recent months/years. I distinctly remember a time when Bryan Singer was revered by these fanbases. He was beloved. Then he made SR and his stock dropped here. In other words, times have changed.

We're in a new reality. Some of us who were on one side of the fence have a different viewpoint now. The issue is, how do we maintain the same respect and harmony that we all had before while still incorporating these differences now.

There was respect and harmony before? :huh:

The only difference was that you, Lightning, were looking forward to that film and your opinion on the "HATERS Vs LOVERS" was quite different than now, when you're not.

No it wasn't.

I've always been able to see both the good and the bad with any production and acknowlege it freely. These studios are not paying me s***. So it takes nothing from me to either embrace something or discard it. Even with this production I've given commendation when I felt it was merited, and I've expressed dislike for things I didn't care for (like that damn super-puff Emma hat).

I would still make a "50 Things Going Right" thread for any movie if I believed there were actually 50 positives to list. After all, it's all conjecture and opinion anyway. Now, will this one get something like that from me? Perhaps. I dunno.

It has to give me 50 things first (or even less). And that's fair.

I have diabetes. No cake for me. D:

I am going to take my "fellow fanboy" hat off and put on my true-blood Red one here for a minute:

I am very quickly tiring of the lack of patience in this forum for anyone who has a different view from the majority.

I have seen several thread situations where there are 2 or 3 pages of users jump on the back of others who simply voice a differing opinion. As if to say, "If we just barrage him/her with comments and keep hitting them over their head with the thought that their views are misinformed/lame/stupid/narrow, etc., etc., they will eventually just shut up and stop raining on our Parade of Gushfest."

When did we get into the business of mass-conversion?

That has to stop. :dry:

Did you know that over the last several weeks, I have had a number of Hypesters PM me wishing they could voice their true thoughts here, but feel they have no place "against the current"? Yeah...For example, if one looks at our Front Page and reads the talk-back (which often comes from Non X-Forum Regulars) you'll find that some of the non-complimentary views about this Emma Frost character costume design are actually commonly shared by a lot of people. Yet, for some reason, they just don't feel they can speak up much in here on the forum. I wonder why that is? :rolleyes:

Interestingly enough, I personally think the photographed costume is lackluster. But I had a chance to express that and actually experienced what some have complained about. I totally get why some are discouraged with both the production and not having the avenue "to vent" without being beat up. This makes posters--who often have very valid reasons for feeling the way they do--not want to come in here. Perhaps that's the goal here...I dunno. :huh:

However, I work here so...

...I am drawing the line in the mud now. I will never call anyone who loves this film a "sheep" or any other derrogatory term. That's both disrespectful and an insult to the intelligence. But by the same token, I will not tolerate a lack of patience with those who are not thrilled with the production either.

Imitate the X-Men--the characters we all love so dearly--by preserving tolerance for all, especially your peers.

Consider this a warning for all.

--Caliph

ldcface.png

cool edited post :up:

I seem to recall alot ''haters gonna hate".

But whatever, I'm over it.

There's never been harmony in this forum - people will disagree, even argue. But that's the point of this forum. As long as it doesn't get personal, a heated debate should be no problem at all.

There's never been harmony in this forum - people will disagree, even argue. But that's the point of this forum. As long as it doesn't get personal, a heated debate should be no problem at all.
Yeah. Really.

for the love of god i cant see what there is to complain about on emma frost costume

Emma Frost is a sexual being, January Jones is a beautiful girl. The first shot of her Emma we get? She's in a coat that is very prudish and not sexy in the slightest.

I'm aware she probably won't be wearing the coat the entire movie, but it's still an awful look for Emma Frost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"