Days of Future Past Forum Warning

I think this is good.
I personally haven't liked what has been going on story wise for this film. ANd I feel that whenever someone says something negative certain users "jump" on the negative poster. Just because someone isnt thrilled by whats going on doesnt mean he/she prays for the film to fail (although there are those ones out there)

But I also do see the negative posters crack on the people who are really looking forward to this film, which is bad too

BUt I see the first more than I see the 2nd. Its gotten worse than when the Spiderman Reboot was first announced

I don't think it's that bad. That got so bad that two threads were made "I hate Sam Raimi's Spider-Man films" and ''I love Sam Raimi's Spider-Man films" and there was practically a war between the threads. We haven't reached that yet here.

A big problem on the frontpage Is people just complain and complain.Attack Bryan singer,Fox(Ok that Is acceptable) and all past X-Men films.And act like anything Marvel
Studios Is great.And think consent rebooting Is always the answer.

I'm personally glad this forum isn't reflecting the front page comments. I remember when Dragon Ball Evolution tv spots were released I checked the comments for the first time in ages and at least half of the commenters seemed to be hyped up and excited and dissing people bashing on the film, calling them "haters." Meanwhile most of the forum was calling the movie garbage at that time. If the front page is right then I'd rather these forums be wrong.

So we should be quiet while others voice an opinion we don't agree with? I see no problem with disagreeing with others so long as that it is cordial and respectful. I guess I just don't see all of the "gushers" being so abrasive and rude as our moderator so keenly suggests.

Bamfer, and as much as I love the guy, is a moderator. He told me my opinion was wrong and that his was fact.

That's abrasive.

I saw this trend starting up in the forums, where pages and pages were just back-and-forth arguing about the same points, so I think everyone needs to just take a minute here, breathe, and remember that this is just a movie we're talking about, not the future of mankind. We're mostly sensible people, so I think a rule of thumb should be concede to 'agree to disagree' if it looks like nobody's going to back down, and just move on, because an entire thread doesn't need to be weighed down with the same "this movie's gonna suck" "nope, this movie is my new God!" comments back and forth. It's perfectly fine to have a strong opinion about something that we're all very obviously invested in, but not if it means other people are going to be negatively affected because of it. Like I said, it's just a movie, so you need to just let things go sometimes.

Oh never mind...

Last edited:
So we should be quiet while others voice an opinion we don't agree with?

That's not necessary at all. Of course you can voice your opinion. But there's been instances where the intelligence of people is being called into question. And then there's the snowball effect where folks just pile on and on with one user as if they are going to pummel with posts until they either:

1.) Just completely shut up and leave, or
2.) Fill up pages and pages of the thread with their replies until one can't even remember where the original complaint was--ergo, "burying" the user's thoughts. LOL :funny:

I guess I just don't see all of the "gushers" being so abrasive and rude as our moderator so keenly suggests.

It goes both ways. Remember, dissenters can be "gushers" too. My warning is meant for both those who dislike elements of this production and those who are enthralled with it. It's essentially a reminder to keep it balanced in here.

if i dont like someone's response to me i can just pay it no attention and not respond back. you shouldn't shy away from your opinions either just for fear of negative feedback. check my signature

I was part of another forum that was very politically charged. I won't say which way most of the posters leaned, but after a while, everyone with a dissenting opinion was personally attacked and driven off.

Now all that forum is is a echo chamber for those who go to post there. Its a dying forum, and will likely be axed sooner or later.

If that's what you want this place to be, continue with the above mentioned tactics. You will drive off anyone with a differing opinion, and then all you'll hear when you post something are those that agree with you.

How boring will that be?

A forum where no one is allowed to argue the merits of another person's argument because the other person will get offended and view it as "an attack" is just as boring.

I agree with that argument as a general rule of what should be avoided, but not as an assessment of what has been happening in these forums.

Argument over something about a movie is fine, but when people start calling each other "idiot" "moron". It's just childish and just turns the argument into a pissing match

^^ That! An argument based on a difference of opinion is fine. Name-calling, putting the other person down, and questioning their education is not constructive.

just don't play along when they try to start a fight. only takes one person to be the bigger man and move on.

I was part of another forum that was very politically charged. I won't say which way most of the posters leaned, but after a while, everyone with a dissenting opinion was personally attacked and driven off.

Now all that forum is is a echo chamber for those who go to post there. Its a dying forum, and will likely be axed sooner or later.

If that's what you want this place to be, continue with the above mentioned tactics. You will drive off anyone with a differing opinion, and then all you'll hear when you post something are those that agree with you.

How boring will that be?

Another forum I read had to ban all political discussion, because there was no discussion. It was just vile, regardless of what side of the political spectrum you happen to fall on. A few of the more vocal posters left for good, but enough stayed, and although most weren't happy about it, they got over it for the most part. It's still a busy forum though.

No one's trying to ban discussion. I think what we're trying to do is keep the discussion civil, and not let anyone think they can't express an opinion if it's not the popular consensus.

One of my favourite rules on another site I visit is...

Talk about the issues not the poster.

I like that. It's not so much a problem here but in the Captain America board it's an absolute nightmare. The minute someone wants to talk about something they get practically rammed down the throat with insults.

You can't even talk about what you want to see in the movie without people making assumptions about who you are as a person, where you are in life and wether or not you really care enough about the characters.

One of my favourite rules on another site I visit is...

I like that. It's not so much a problem here but in the Captain America board it's an absolute nightmare. The minute someone wants to talk about something they get practically rammed down the throat with insults.

You can't even talk about what you want to see in the movie without people making assumptions about who you are as a person, where you are in life and wether or not you really care enough about the characters.

You should go on theme park message boards. The Disney World vs. Universal Studios fans are ruthless against each other. :dry:

You should go on theme park message boards. The Disney World vs. Universal Studios fans are ruthless against each other. :dry:

Good lord, I'ld rather not. It sounds dreadful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"