Game Awards 2022

I love RPGs most as a genre but GoW is THE best action adventure game. I would find it hard to be objective with GoW involved as it’s one of my very top overall series of all genres. I’m always going to prefer a 10/10 GoW over a 10/10 ER.

The award is Game of the Year, not Best video game. When people think of 2022 they’re going to think of Elden Ring.
This is like the MVP debate in sports. And the meaning is always, who's the best. Using this logic, the game of the year could be the biggest disaster because that's what people remember most from the year. Was Cyberpunk the 2020 game of the year?

FF looks good. Is it the one that finally gets back to the old standards.

This is like the MVP debate in sports. And the meaning is always, who's the best. Using this logic, the game of the year could be the biggest disaster because that's what people remember most from the year. Was Cyberpunk the 2020 game of the year?

I think when one decides what is GOTY, yeah, you should consider the impact and reach a game had that year.

GoTY should be best game of that year IMO. But there can be a different award for the equivalent of thing/event of the year that had the highest profile. Like Overwatch 1 could win something like that if a better game had come out that year and won GotY. Something game-changing fits with that even if a title that doesn’t change anywhere near as much is still the overall best.

There you go, big congrats to Elden Ring! :up:

Never heard of it.

It felt decided quite soon after ER came out to me based on the general discussions I saw, and those people obviously expected Ragnarok to be a world beater too. In the end I think the people proclaiming it GotY back then (talking about voters) liked Ragnarok every bit as much but it wasn’t enough to take out what was at the time the incumbent. Think it might have been different if Ragnarok had come out before ER. But either way very happy for either of these to win. Good to have 2 games reaching the zenith of gaming this year.

Welp, no Steam Deck for me.

frustrated.gif

Alright, bed!! Finally beat out Judge, Animal, Crash etc etc. Thanks to all of you on here, made it a lot of fun. Good night!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"