The Last Jedi General Episode VIII News/Speculation/SPOILER Thread - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s what Rian didn’t seem to understand. Imagine if in the first five minutes of Empire Strikes Back, Vader trips and falls down a shaft or something.

Oh, wow, such subvert. Much unexpected.

Doing something unexpected doesn’t automatically make it narratively satisfying.

I loved The Force Awakens and had such high hopes considering how it left off. Was it perfect? No. But I still loved it, even if it did borrow the plot of A New Hope and gave it a new twist. I think that's what makes this even more frustrating to me. We spent three years waiting to see what would happen next after being left with a cliffhanger in a way that had never been done in the Star Wars movies before. I'm starting to think that it definitely would've been for the best if they just had JJ direct all three movies because at least then it would've been one consistent vision for all three movies.

I wonder how much was Abrams’ story outline and how much was Johnson. If Johnson is the one who singlehandedly took things in this direction, then I’m pretty pissed at him no matter how much I like Looper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"