The Last Jedi General Episode VIII News/Speculation/SPOILER Thread - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone answer me this about Holdo

Why did she wait until the last minute to tell everyone the big escape plan? I dont recall anything other than her reasoning being "you need to trust my leadership and not be reckless".

Waiting only led to members of the resistance losing faith in her ability to command in an already dire situation, that led to a mutiny

I can't give a good answer to that other than that it was demanded by the plot so we could get the pretty useless Finn side plot.

Can someone answer me this about Holdo

Why did she wait until the last minute to tell everyone the big escape plan? I dont recall anything other than her reasoning being "you need to trust my leadership and not be reckless".

Waiting only led to members of the resistance losing faith in her ability to command in an already dire situation, that led to a mutiny
She was the one in charge, she didn't owe Dameron or anyone else any explanation.

Moment of silence for the fans that were rooting for an incarnation of Mara Jade to be brought over from Legends like Thrawn after seeing the reveals & results of TLJ.

the-emperor-s-hand-is-mara-jade-coming-to-star-wars-rebels-and-the-last-jedi.jpg

So about the movie and its mixed reception even on hear you are seeing that. I was just looking at the review score thread poll and out of the 26 reviews 10 of them have given the movie a 6/10 or worse and 13 of 26 so half 7 or worse. So only half so far have given it a 8 or better.

A Jedi master does not need to be in the dwelling of a student to search his mind. The idea they would be fearful is also bizarre. A Jedi master has utter control of their emotions, even in the face of death or absolute horror. A Jedi who succumbs to fear, anger, or hate will succumb to the dark side or even death, e.g. Mace Windu.

The Jedi are essentially enlightened monks in the manner of Eastern martial arts schools, especially those who practice Tai Chi or Qigong. The idea that a Xian/Immortal master in one of these traditions would make such a bizarre mistake is absurd.

There were dozens of ways that could have been written and still be lore friendly, but story by committee without regard to lore or its influences will only result in unnecessary nonsense.

The whole point of the film is that the Jedi were wrong. Their stuffy devotion to dogma and traditions led to their downfall. Rey needs to find a new hope, a new way because the way of the Jedi doesn't work.

anyone pretty surprised we didn't get a Solo teaser or poster attached to or released near this?

It's implied that Rey is the next incarnation of this, a demigod of the force. Smoke says he knew as Kylo gained power in the darkness, the light side of the force would rise someone up to balance him. He thought it would be Luke, but it was Rey.

I don't think Rey is anything like Anakin was. Anakin was basically the son of the Force, something directly created by it. In Rey's scenario it's more that she's one of the force sensitive people around and that the Force calls her to somewhere so she gets dragged into the events.

I'm not sure why the Force would elevate someone to balance Kylo Ren though. He's clearly far below Snoke in power so why wouldn't it try to elevate someone to balance him?

Regarding Snoke's demise:

While I understand the reasoning for it and even liked it within context, I am somewhat disappointed that we seemingly won't be learning much more about him in the film series. Where did he come from, how did he rise to power, what happened to his face/body, what were his true motivations for all of this, etc.

THAT was a real head-scratcher to me. When Ren offed him, my first thought was 'Oh, it's that easy?' Especially given that we've got the protagonist meeting the big bad in the second film of this trilogy rather than the third like in Return ofthe Jedi, I thought we'd get a bit more on Snoke.

And this could just be me, or maybe it's that Ren and Rey had to go straight into fighting following Snoke's death, but I felt it should've had a bit more weight to it. Or at least more of Ren grappling with the choice. But once that seed of doubt was indicated that there could be good in him, it made Snoke's demise feel a bit telegraphed. Okay, maybe not death, but at least a downfall felt like it was coming.

Even though I like a lot of the characters from this new era I don't know if any are going to get close to the big 3 from the original trilogy. I'm surprised how much I like Snoke. :woot:

So I am not sure if people picked this up and I am not sure if this like means any thing or what but I didn't pick this up my self but Snoke said this. During the Rey/Kylo part towards the end. “I told you that as you grew in strength your counterpart in the light would also rise. Skywalker, I assumed... wrongly” Thoughts about this guys? Does this have some big meaning behind it?

The last scene of TLJ is the worst last scene in the Saga. Pandering and disconnected.

Last scene of TFA was epic with Rey meeting Luke. Speaking of which, guy in the theater softly said 'no what the ****' when Luke threw the lightsaber away.

So they’ve killed
Han
Luke
Akbar

and most likely Leia dies off screen.

Kylo Ren lies/hides his feelings from Snoke and lies to Hux (tells him Rey killed Snoke). He's not a truthteller. And Rey ultimately rejects what he was saying and offering.

Kylo Ren lies/hides his feelings from Snoke and lies to Hux (tells him Rey killed Snoke). He's not a truthteller. And Rey ultimately rejects what he was saying and offering.

I think that is part of whey people are wondering if you was telling Rey the truth or not about her parents.

I thought a heard a girl screaming in the audio of one of those flashbacks scenes with younger Luke and Ben when there's talk of the rising darkness in Ben. But maybe I'm mistaken. Also notice how there's two different version of events (Luke's vs. Kylo Ren's).

Speaking of which...flashbacks in Star Wars just like every generic movie ever? Really? At least Abrams integrated them through Rey having an experience and it's through her own POV.

The last scene of TLJ is the worst last scene in the Saga. Pandering and disconnected.

Last scene of TFA was epic with Rey meeting Luke. Speaking of which, guy in the theater softly said 'no what the ****' when Luke threw the lightsaber away.

Yeah, the ending was a little meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"