Rogue One General Rogue One News/Speculation/SPOILER Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will Wheaton just brought a tear to my eye, that's beautiful. I can't wait for Saturday! :up:

So how many times does everyone plan on watching Rogue One in cinemas (if it is good, of course) ?

If it's as good or better than TFA, at least 3 times. I'm seeing it with my girlfriend brother and close friend on Saturday. I'll go again with my 2 uncles who got me into Star Wars in 1997. Then I'll go at least one more time with whoever I can drag to the theatre again lol. I really liked TFA though, so I'm hoping it lives up to the hype.

I saw force awakens 4 or 5 times in theaters. Probably will see this one at least twice.

Watching it Thursday with the wife, then I'll probably see it again next week Weds/Thurs

I work 6 days a week and work crazy hours, so it's tough for me. Saw TFA twice in theaters will probably see this twice as well. It's tough especially around the holidays.

Going to see it Wednesday. It's been a rough couple of weeks, so this is absolutely what I need. All that I've been hearing/seeing about this is hyping me up for sure.

The fact that the "alt right" are "boycotting" another Star Wars movie in such a short while is super hilarious. First it was having non-white, non-male main characters, now it's about the Nazi allegories (that have been around since ANH). Right on.

But I am seeing it Friday at 5. Taking the day off of work haha.

I was on Hollywood Blvd. before the premiere (couldn't make it to it) but I saw the X-Wing and best of all, Dave Filoni walked right past me. :awesome: I would have went up to him but he was surrounded by colleagues or something. No one else recognized him.

I can't believe a new SW move is out in a few days. I am seriously hoping it will be better than TFA and be proven wrong. It's the dream. And I liked a couple of the recent clips to have come out. Hasn't convinced me yet, but I'm glad to have seen I didn't have the same reaction to the last four.

Its so funny when someone tries to act like TFA isn't a beloved Star Wars movie, that is considered among the best.

I was on Hollywood Blvd. before the premiere (couldn't make it to it) but I saw the X-Wing and best of all, Dave Filoni walked right past me. :awesome: I would have went up to him but he was surrounded by colleagues or something. No one else recognized him.

I can't believe a new SW move is out in a few days. I am seriously hoping it will be better than TFA and be proven wrong. It's the dream. And I liked a couple of the recent clips to have come out. Hasn't convinced me yet, but I'm glad to have seen I didn't have the same reaction to the last four.

Was he wearing that damn hat?

It's genius of him, it's like Clark Kent with his glasses

Wow, Will Wheaton's article. I also love IV the most of the OT... Can't wait to see it on 15th.

So how many times does everyone plan on watching Rogue One in cinemas (if it is good, of course) ?

Two times. The most Ive ever watched a film in theaters is 3 imes and that was TDK.

Will Wheaton:The last time I loved a Star Wars movie as much as I loved Rogue One, it was 1977

So I didn’t even try to see Force Awakens until it had been in theaters for like 8 or 9 weeks. I also went into it knowing as little as I could, and I ended up really liking it. I’d probably give it 4 out of 5 lightsabers, and I recall thinking that it was what I’d hoped the prequels would have been.

I give you that background so this comes in context: I give Rogue One 5 out of 5 lightsabers, and a 99%. It would get 100% if not for a single (very small) thing that I understand was put into the film on a reshoot. I don’t need to see Force Awakens again, but I will go see Rogue One as many times as I can before it is out of theaters, and the day I can buy it to add to my collection, I’ll be in line to make that happen.

What was put into the film on a reshoot that he disliked? I need to know, damnit!

There's a few videos of him BTS with Lucas and he's not wearing it...it just looks wrong somehow
I guess that is how you get a odd style over. Make it weird when you are not wearing it.

So looking at the early reaction and talk of a very rough and dark tone, those complaining about Disney messing with the tone are going to eat some crow right? :sly:

So looking at the early reaction and talk of a very rough and dark tone, those complaining about Disney messing with the tone are going to eat some crow right? :sly:
Bambi was really dark. I couldn't sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"