Rogue One General Rogue One News/Speculation/SPOILER Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks, question for you.

So we now know that Galen Erso was the creator of the Death Star, under the code name [BLACKOUT]Stardust[/BLACKOUT]. However, we see Death Star plans in the prequels, Episode 2 or 3?? I'm just trying to wrap my head around that and if theres any error in that. [BLACKOUT]We do get a flashback w/ Galen in Coruscants orbit. (around the time of the prequels??)[/BLACKOUT]

[BLACKOUT]As I understand it, in Catalyst, it's said the Geonosians didn't have time to design the main weapon before the clones and Jedi attacked at the end of AOTC. Galen designed the laser part of it.[/BLACKOUT]

Yeah Galen wasn't the mastermind of the entire station, just the weapon part. Don't they mention in the movie that he was recruited to work on this, thinking it was some "clean energy" project? Thus I don't think he was a part of it from the start.

Yeah Galen wasn't the mastermind of the entire station, just the weapon part. Don't they mention in the movie that he was recruited to work on this, thinking it was some "clean energy" project? Thus I don't think he was a part of it from the start.

Krennic convinced him to work for the Empire under the guise of using the new Kyber technology to bring about a new energy source for struggling planets. When Galen found out the Empire planned to weaponize his findings he and his family hauled ass with the help of Saw.

Krennic convinced him to work for the Empire under the guise of using the new Kyber technology to bring about a new energy source for struggling planets. When Galen found out the Empire planned to weaponize his findings he and his family hauled ass with the help of Saw.

This. Basically sums up Catalyst (which is awesome, by the way) and clears out all doubts regarding Episodes 2 and 3 continuity.

Thanks for the clarifying information ya'll. I need to go and see Rogue One a second time, I just recently saw it and wanted better understanding

There's a guy on the Chud forums who claims to have Lucasfilm sources who are telling him that the Episode 8 crew is in a panic because Leia played a pivotal role in the movie. He also says Gareth Edwards was essentially fired and not involved with the reshoots for R1.

There's a guy on the Chud forums who claims to have Lucasfilm sources who are telling him that the Episode 8 crew is in a panic because Leia played a pivotal role in the movie. He also says Gareth Edwards was essentially fired and not involved with the reshoots for R1.

Is it Dark Shape from chud?

Is it Dark Shape from chud?

Nope. It's someone called "Overlord" with an Emperor Palpatine avatar. He says the Rogue One shoot put a lot of stress on Lucasfilm employees who had to scramble to reshoot the movie and make the release date. They're worried something similar will happen now with Episode 8 because of Carrie Fisher's death.

Nope. It's someone called "Overlord" with an Emperor Palpatine avatar. He says the Rogue One shoot put a lot of stress on Lucasfilm employees who had to scramble to reshoot the movie and make the release date. They're worried something similar will happen now with Episode 8 because of Carrie Fisher's death.

Damn, that sucks. How big of a role was it for Fisher?

I feel this goes against rumors that Leia was [BLACKOUT]supposed to be in a coma for most of the movie[/BLACKOUT]

I think if anything they will alter more of IX then anything else. Unlike Rogue One they do have a whole year until VIII comes out. VIII actually will be pretty much in the can by June, it's original production date was only pushed back 2 weeks to be originally scheduled for May.

That and I dunno. Just random sources on the internet. Need more than that. I'm sure there is stress, but there is a lot more time compared to Rogue One.

But again need a better source.

Damn, that sucks. How big of a role was it for Fisher?

I feel this goes against rumors that Leia was [BLACKOUT]supposed to be in a coma for most of the movie[/BLACKOUT]

Yeah the original story about that made some upset because they felt:

It really minimized Leia as a character. So to hear the complete opposite makes me question that. Though she could be important in other ways.

Perhaps her storyline ended with a cliffhanger that needs to be picked up in nine. That could be re-worked.

Leia's scenes for Episode 8 were shot long ago already. I don't see the story being altered there, but in Episode 9.

Leia's scenes for Episode 8 are filmed so the crew wouldn't be panicking over that. And Episode 9 doesn't come out until May or December 2019. Disney and Lucasfilm have nearly three years to work on that film so I doubt they are panicking about that. They have plenty of time to rewrite the story and figure out how they will handle Leia's role in the film.

Do you think they'll resort to CGI again or rewrite/rethink the material?

Do you think they'll resort to CGI again or rewrite/rethink the material?

Depends.

Episode 8 spoilers:

Leaks say Leia spends some of Episode 8 in a coma due to a failed assassination attempt and her using the Force to save herself or stop the attack. They could do pickups and have her die during the assassination. Or they could do a pickup with a character announcing Leia died during the coma. Or they could have her wake up and survive the attack and the coma and use body doubles and cgi in Episode 9 to give the character some sort of role.

Personally I loved what they did with Tarkin in Rogue One so I'd be fine with them using body doubles and CGI to give Leia a role in Episode 9, but killing Leia in Episode 8, and rewriting Episode 9 so that it doesn't include Leia would be the cheaper option probably.

Of course, there is also the possibility that Leia was already going to die in Episode 8 and since they've already shot the film Carrie Fisher's death wouldn't effect Episode 8 and 9 at all.

It might be a tricky issue to settle but I don't think they'd be "panicking" just yet. There's plenty of time for the writers and the studio to figure out what to do.

I think the only person who is going to have trouble figuring things out, it's Trevorrow. Don't meddle in Episode 8. Leave it be and let Trevorrow worry about what to do next with that. This is a situation where whatever happens, it's very forgivable.

I haven't kept up, did Rian Johnson help write Ep VIII?

He wrote VIII, and early on it was said that he wrote the treatment for IX. No matter what I say do what is best. If that's changing some things in VIII or IX. We just don't know the full story, so do what's best for the entire story.

Leia's scenes for Episode 8 were shot long ago already. I don't see the story being altered there, but in Episode 9.

I don't know if they will sacrifice the story to write her out. My guess is that we will get some CGI scenes.

My (first) showing starts in about 1.5 hours and I can then finally join the spoilers forum! Can't wait!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"