Geoff Johns at Newsarama - 8-8

GoldenAgeHero said:
GJ: The Guardians also have a very specific reason they let Hal back on the Corps. And it's not the best of reasons. And the ending has a pretty big twist that ties into the entire DC Universe.

awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whats so awesome about that? You didnt even know the twist.:confused:

but it sounds great, im excited as to why they let hal back on the team. and what other secrets the guardians are hiding. so stop riding on my balls.

Darthphere said:
Whats so awesome about that? You didnt even know the twist.:confused:

Maybe because we will finally find out why they let Hal back into the Corps despite the fact that he destroyed the Corps and it would be a better reason than them just saying:

"Oh we forgive you for killing us and 3600 others, lets put the past behind us and welcome back Hal!"

That was Green Lantern's weakest point, the fact that even though Hal was no longer responsible for his crimes as Paralax, he should still feel somewhat guilty and still feel that he should repent even though he stopped the Sun Eater and served as the Spectre. Luckily OYL is somewhat allowing that to happen.

hippie_hunter said:
Maybe because we will finally find out why they let Hal back into the Corps despite the fact that he destroyed the Corps and it would be a better reason than them just saying:

"Oh we forgive you for killing us and 3600 others, lets put the past behind us and welcome back Hal!"

That was Green Lantern's weakest point, the fact that even though Hal was no longer responsible for his crimes as Paralax, he should still feel somewhat guilty and still feel that he should repent even though he stopped the Sun Eater and served as the Spectre. Luckily OYL is somewhat allowing that to happen.

See GAH, this is how you post. And yes, I agree.

GoldenAgeHero said:
but it sounds great, im excited as to why they let hal back on the team. and what other secrets the guardians are hiding. so stop riding on my balls.
But they're so fluffy and comfortable.

Awesome. Can't wait for his Action Comics run. Up, Up, and Away was some great stuff. :up:

I'm not really much of a Teen Titans fan so I don't really care about most of that stuff.

But him and Donner working on Action Comics tickles my comic book reading fancy, I'll most likely be picking up AC again when they take over.

I was hoping that he'd say, "Yes, I'm returning to The Flash!"

Or a "F DC I'm going back to Marvel to write an ongoing Spider-Man title". That would have been big news. :(

Why would he go back to marvel when hes single handedly recreating the DCU into his own little Silver Age?

Darthphere said:
Why would he go back to marvel when hes single handedly recreating the DCU into his own little Silver Age?

Because I have delusions that he'll go back to Marvel and write an ongoing Spider-Man book.

Him, Dan Slott, and Jeph Loeb would make the Spider-Man universe orgasmic.

SpideyInATree said:
Because I have delusions that he'll go back to Marvel and write an ongoing Spider-Man book.

Him, Dan Slott, and Jeph Loeb would make the Spider-Man universe orgasmic.

Meh, leave Johns at DC, just give Vaughan a Spidey title.

Darthphere said:
Meh, leave Johns at DC, just give Vaughan a Spidey title.

Vaughan would definitely be awesome, but I'd rather have Johns.

Harlekin said:
Yep, it was mostly informative. I'm kind of peeved that Damage will be wearing a costume that he really shouldn't be wearing, and now can apparently grow to a greater size. Glad Obsidian is on the team, and Maxine Hunkle sounds pretty fun, although I'm not too excited about a new Commander Steel. They were always pretty lame.

As for Titans East... bring it on. Sounds like fun.

explain?

corp is stil a whiney *****, what books do you read?

Assassin said:
corp is stil a whiney *****, what books do you read?
Wow, that came out nowhere. It's nice to know you still lay awake obsessing about me, though, Ass. :)

Darthphere said:

I wouldn't say single handedly. Didio, Morrison, and Meltzer too can be attributed to this also.

Meltzer's just writing JLA. I'd say Didio and Johns are the primary architects of this Nu Silver Age. Morrison's just doing what he's always done: coming up with f***ing crazy, chemically assisted ideas. Didio and Johns are then funneling those through their own Silver Age resurrection goals and using them as necessary.

i didnt feel like quoting you, but i was refering to your *****ing on the other page

GoldenAgeHero said:
It's an outfit that the original Atom (Al Pratt) decided to wear in honor of his former enemy Cyclotron, who just happens to be Atom Smasher's daddy. It makes no sense for Damage to wear a costume in honor of someone, that that someone was wearing in honor of another that has absolutely no connection to Damage. It makes complete sense for Atom Smasher to wear that outfit, because it pays homage to both his father and his godfather. Damage should just wear a fascimile of the Atom's original outfit.

Definitely not excited about Johns and Donner using all of those Superman villains. Johns has already proven to me that he can't write Superman's rogues for s**t (the only good characterization I've ever seen come out of him was the Master Jailer in "Ending Battle"), and yet he seems hellbent on ruining as many of them as possible.

Johns, if you want to read your Silver Age stories, watch your Super Friends DVD's, and obsess over the lot of them, fine by me. Just stay the hell away from Superman's rogues.

what are Damage's powers? besides the growing thing he prob has now

TheCorpulent1 said:
Meltzer's just writing JLA. I'd say Didio and Johns are the primary architects of this Nu Silver Age. Morrison's just doing what he's always done: coming up with f***ing crazy, chemically assisted ideas. Didio and Johns are then funneling those through their own Silver Age resurrection goals and using them as necessary.

Yeah, really its not that I hate it or anything, but you know sometimes you want your heroes to be a little flawed.

Damage could blow s*** up. That's all I really know about him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"