Geoff Johns + David Finch: JLA

I read comics for the characters, so even though I know they don't technically have to adhere to previous portrayals, I'm more than likely picking the book up looking for those familiar portrayals if I see a familiar character's name. Xanadu is a total 180 from Wagner's dignified, mysterious, ultimately altruistic, hands-on operator. Cornell's version is a Machiavellian schemer who just runs roughshod over anyone who doesn't fit in with her plans. She's a b**** and I found that I couldn't stand her, which was a real problem for me because I absolutely loved her in Wagner's series. Reinterpreting is one thing, but abandoning the whole core of the character doesn't work for me.

I read comics for the characters, so even though I know they don't technically have to adhere to previous portrayals, I'm more than likely picking the book up looking for those familiar portrayals if I see a familiar character's name. Xanadu is a total 180 from Wagner's dignified, mysterious, ultimately altruistic, hands-on operator. Cornell's version is a Machiavellian schemer who just runs roughshod over anyone who doesn't fit in with her plans. She's a b**** and I found that I couldn't stand her, which was a real problem for me because I absolutely loved her in Wagner's series. Reinterpreting is one thing, but abandoning the whole core of the character doesn't work for me.

To be honest, this was only because early on he needed this to be the case to get the plot moving. She quickly becomes an inefficient and incapable buffoon until such a time comes as we need another genius development, as I mentioned.

tl;dr version - not all the time, but you wouldn't want to read her being a stupid **** either. :o

WOW. I think SHH has the most negative comic fans ever.
Stargirl, Arrow, Hawkman, Katana, Steve Trevor, written by Geoff Johns and drawn by David Finch and people are still complaining.

Again you mean?

Cuz if you really believe that, then you haven't been reading superhero comics very long. :o

He also this Geoff Johns is a great writer, so, y'know. :o

Again you mean?

Cuz if you really believe that, then you haven't been reading superhero comics very long. :o

Didio has stated that as of now death means death, they're making this stand after Blackest Night.
DC isn't going to revive Hal Jordan in Rebirth and kill him all over again. His movie may have underperformed, but there are still big things in stored for Hal. They're never going to kill him just to replace him a B list GL.

So there's gonna be 4 Justice league books now?

Justice League
JLA
Justice League Drak
Justice League Beyond

and thats not including Stormwatch

JL beyond is not in the same continuity and its part of Batman Beyond unlimited, it doesn't have its own printed comics.
Stormwatch does not have a single Justice League member.
Also, in the 80s there have been multiple JL books at the same time.
JL detroit, JL america, JL international.
There was even a JL antartica?

Even if there were four legit JL books, that's still nothing compared to the Avengers books.

Avengers (x2 a month)
New Avengers
Avengers Assemble
Uncanny Avengers
Secret Avengers

And all priced at 4 dollars. :o

WOW. I think SHH has the most negative comic fans ever.
Stargirl, Arrow, Hawkman, Katana, Steve Trevor, written by Geoff Johns and drawn by David Finch and people are still complaining.

What part of that is supposed to be good?

Also, who thinks of Stargirl when putting together "the most dangerous team" or some ****? Really?

What part of that is supposed to be good?

Also, who thinks of Stargirl when putting together "the most dangerous team" or some ****? Really?

Me? I'm a huge fan of Stargirl. She was supposedly lost in the reboot, because JSA doesn't exist anymore and all the legacy characters would've been considered lost. But thankfully shes back now.
Also, Green Arrow, Hawkman and Katana are all amazing characters.

Last edited:
Even if there were four legit JL books, that's still nothing compared to the Avengers books.

Avengers (x2 a month)
New Avengers
Avengers Assemble
Uncanny Avengers
Secret Avengers

Also, Avengers Academy, Dark Avengers, Marvel Universe Avengers Earths Heroes (not in mainstream continuity) and Avengers Vs Xmen (x2 a month) which will be followed by Avengers + Xmen afterwards.

Most of those are being canceled, though. :o

Although we will have Avengers Area pop up.

Didio has stated that as of now death means death, they're making this stand after Blackest Night.
DC isn't going to revive Hal Jordan in Rebirth and kill him all over again. His movie may have underperformed, but there are still big things in stored for Hal. They're never going to kill him just to replace him a B list GL.

:funny:

Okay Newby.

Death doesn't mean death at DC now anymore than it did at Marvel when Joe Q said it. The nature of a never-ending, serialized universe is that characters are going to be killed off by one shortsighted creator and resurrected by some other creator over and over again.

I would be fine with a "permanent death" simply meaning dead for the tenure of the current EIC. That would make sense to me.

Even that ain't gonna happen. That would mean someone in DC's offices has a record of who's dead and who's not at any given moment, and that seems far too sensible for either publisher's current editorial policies.

Avengers (x2 a month)
New Avengers
Avengers Assemble
Uncanny Avengers
Secret Avengers

Avengers Academy and the Avengers Assemble book that DeConnick will be writing are the only ones you all need to buy

Also go buy Captain Marvel

I command this :ninja:

Avengers Academy and the Avengers Assemble book that DeConnick will be writing are the only ones you all need to buy

Also go buy Captain Marvel

I command this :ninja:

Captain Marvel will be cancelled before 20 issues. Why bother.

Because she's intelligent.

Reviews said the book is average at best. On top of that she managed to make her costume look like total crap.
Its not surprising the book is getting canned soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"