Geoff Johns + David Finch: JLA

Yeah. I hear it's gonna stick too. Geoff Johns'll neeeeeever bring him back or have it turn out to be a ruse or anything.

;)

It'll be more devastating than when Thor died last year. They're still feeling the effects of that.

He seemed to fit right in with Stormwatch in the few issues I read, claiming he enjoyed the outlet for his warrior skills or something, as opposed to the League's leashing him according to heroic standards. Then it was revealed that he was a member of the League for like 2 seconds before ultimately fighting everyone else and leaving. Sounds like jerkdom to me.

Well he just brainwashed all of Stormwatch into forgetting he ever existed so he could leave and do something else(obviously JLA now that we know about it)

As for his time with the League, I'm betting he was the victim of their bullying :o. That splash page of him whoopin ass is awesome though.

And you don't think brainwashing his teammates to leave a team doesn't indicate some moral ambiguity? He's a dick, dude.

This is gonna sound weird, but he did it in the nicest way possible. Not to mention Stormwatch is the kind of organization you can't just "walk away from".

That'd warm my heart. But sadly, Idk what they're gonna do with him over in JLA...cuz I ain't readin' that gahbage.

I don't know, this still sounds all black opsy. I mean, Hawkman, an ex-Stormwatch dude, Steve Trevor doing his best Nick Fury impression? I get bad vibes, man.

Not counting Vibe, of course. He's always a good Vibe. :hrt:

Catwoman's gonna be all kinds of useless on this team too. Like Godiva/JLI useless. Unless they need something stolen, she's eye candy.

This sounds kind of black opsy. Or like DC's attempt to ape the movies' SHIELD-controlled version of the Avengers. Neither of those interest me. The Martian Manhunter's the only character on that roster I genuinely liked--note the past tense, since that was before the reboot turned him into a jerk. So yeah, another DC title to pass on for me.

This doesn't really feel like the S.H.I.E.L.D. controlled version of the Avengers. At least S.H.I.E.L.D. and the Avengers have the common good at heart first and foremost. Justice League of America on the other hand is more along the lines of the US government and A.R.G.U.S. getting fed up with the Justice League doing what they please despite getting U.S. funding. There's more tension with this between the real Justice League and the U.S. government.

Honestly, this feels more like season 2 of Justice League Unlimited with the League's conflicts with Project Cadmus than it does with the S.H.I.E.L.D. controlled Avengers.

If it's a black ops team, shouldn't they have less flashy and personalized costumes? I mean, the point of black ops is anonymity and secrecy.

Eh, maybe it's a subtle rebellion against their bosses. Like, "we can be competent without sacrificing our individuality and freethinking." I can dig that.

5 characters on this team I can't even name. The rest I care little to nothing about. Sucks, cuz I really like the creative team on this book. I'll give it a shot based on them but my hopes aren't high.

So it's J'onn, Selina, Steve, Hawkman, Oliver, John (complete with stupid design), and who else? I can't remember Miss Captain America's name.

Steve Trevor
Martian Manhunter
Green Arrow
Hawkman
Catwoman
Stargirl
Green Lantern
Vibe
Katana

Katana's new look is weird. Why is she grey?

So it's J'onn, Selina, Steve, Hawkman, Oliver, John (complete with stupid design), and who else? I can't remember Miss Captain America's name.
I actually was wondering if that really is John Stewart, or some new lantern I missed out on. Maybe I'm too negative to new designs sometimes, but I really prefere the old school John Stewart with just a domino mask (or even maskless at some point, if memory serves me right?).

Well, it's at least an unpredictable combo of characters, it remains to see if this could turn out good. Personally I've always considered it a bit strange to see Catwoman in contexts like these, to me she feels like someone who don't team up like this. Only perhaps in a duo (yeah, like with Batman etc). But that's just me.

I actually was wondering if that really is John Stewart, or some new lantern I missed out on. Maybe I'm too negative to new designs sometimes, but I really prefere the old school John Stewart with just a domino mask (or even maskless at some point, if memory serves me right?).

That's the new Green Lantern, Baz.

I wonder how they change up Stars Origin seeing as Ted Knight or the Original Star Spangled kid never existed.......which is a GD shame if you f**kin' ask me.

What's up with Manhunter in the new 52? Is he a bad guy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"