Geoff Johns + David Finch: JLA

I don't know, this still sounds all black opsy. I mean, Hawkman, an ex-Stormwatch dude, Steve Trevor doing his best Nick Fury impression? I get bad vibes, man.

Not counting Vibe, of course. He's always a good Vibe. :hrt:

Vibe shall add fun and also breakdancing to this series

I want a scene of him teaching Selina how to break dance and they become dancing bff

Well he just brainwashed all of Stormwatch into forgetting he ever existed so he could leave and do something else(obviously JLA now that we know about it)

As for his time with the League, I'm betting he was the victim of their bullying :o. That splash page of him whoopin ass is awesome though.

They were racist against martians :csad:

I'd say way before the Reboot, back When Ellis was writing it in the late 90's. :o

You receive zero points, as that was not an applicable answer.

Way to fail!

I reject your fail on the grounds that this exam is culturally biased. :argh:

It's what you signed up for by choosing to participate!

Stick that in your pipe and whiff it, sir!

Well shove it in your receptacle, and breath the noxious fumes of fascist *****ebaggery my esteemed cohort.

Thank you for the kind words. :hrt:

But it's "breathe." Learn to communicate via written word if you wish to cohabitate such a medium, you vile nincompoop.

Why did Cornell leave the book after just six issues anyway

I was digging how he wrote Midnighter and Apollo

Cornell fo' sho
You're either ****ing with me or a terrible person. :cmad:
Why did Cornell leave the book after just six issues anyway
Because it was ****ing awful. I can't believe I actually gave it a second chance with the second issue.

Heck, I'm still surprised I shell out money for Demon Knights, but at least that's a weird niche that I can no longer fill with Dungeons & Dragons.

You're either ****ing with me or a terrible person. :cmad:

Because it was ****ing awful. I can't believe I actually gave it a second chance with the second issue.

Heck, I'm still surprised I shell out money for Demon Knights, but at least that's a weird niche that I can no longer fill with Dungeons & Dragons.

:csad:

Demon Knights is amazingly amazing though

It be fun and a good comic book and you know it is

Whew. I was starting to worry that I dropped Demon Knights prematurely there. But as long as one person believes it's s***ty, I'll stand by my decision.

No, I really didn't like Demon Knights. It was a series with a bunch of characters I liked being portrayed in wildly unfamiliar and offputting ways. Madame Xanadu in particular irritated me because she was absolutely nothing like Wagner's Vertigo version.

I don't care so much about that - these are "new" characters, whether you want to like or acknowledge that or not - as the fact that it's just not very good.

I'm all for "experimental" work. After twelve issues, I think I've figured out what Cornell has done. Demon Knights doesn't seem to follow any type of typical or standard story structure. The issues just go. They exist, with no rhyme or reason. Something happens here, there's some **** going down on this page, then oh, shiny, something new, some blather, blah blah. But it's not done for any intelligible reason, and it's not very good.

In addition to that, Cornell doesn't seem to have a grip on his own characters. Sure, Vandal Savage is funny, but Cornell's use of him is a pale imitation of Herc under Pak and Van Lente. Horsewoman is useless. Shining Knight is apparently there to posture from page to page. Jason Blood doesn't do **** except bemoan his existence. Exoristos had some promise and got left by the wayside. I never read Wagner's Xanadu, but Cornell's ranges from horribly inefficient to genius - pretty much depending on whether the next events in the story need stupidity or some tell-all knowledge. Really, the only two characters consistent in the long-term and well-written are Etrigan and Al Jabr. But there's no point in populating a book with a large cast of characters and then not paying them proper amount of attention. When, after a year's worth of issues, I have as much an idea about this character or that character as I did when they were first introduced... yep, there's a problem there.

I'll buy the #0 issue, and it'll probably be the death knell, and I'll drop it before the second year really begins.

But his Stormwatch was ****ing attrocious, too. Those issues had **** all for establishing who the characters were. At least Demon Knights has had a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"