Geoff Johns + David Finch: JLA

You really jump all over the place with your arguments.

First, we shouldn't read it because it'll probably be cancelled soon (which is a dumb reason to not read a book).

Then, we shouldn't read it because reviews are bad (a better reason to not read a book, but still, unlike you, mysti has actually read the book herself).

Finally, we shouldn't read it because of her costume (another wholly vapid reason not to read a book).

Normally, I would think someone would just settle one argument to be a cramudgeon over, but perhaps you should just refrain from saying anything at all, considering you've not even read the book yourself.

You really jump all over the place with your arguments.

First, we shouldn't read it because it'll probably be cancelled soon (which is a dumb reason to not read a book).

Then, we shouldn't read it because reviews are bad (a better reason to not read a book, but still, unlike you, mysti has actually read the book herself).

Finally, we shouldn't read it because of her costume (another wholly vapid reason not to read a book).

Normally, I would think someone would just settle one argument to be a cramudgeon over, but perhaps you should just refrain from saying anything at all, considering you've not even read the book yourself.

LOL. So we should not have MORE THAN ONE reason to not read something?
Must you only have 1 reason just to not read a book. You're hilarious.
I can easily name 6-7 female superhero books in DC that OWNS Captain Marvel.

No, I'm saying all but one of your reasons are dumb. :o

And even that one is shaky.

Not really. There isn't a point to read an average book when I've got so many alternatives that are so much better. Sword of Sorcery just released its first issue and its mind blowingly good. The art is fantastic and the story is so so compelling. Great premise and good writing. And Sword of Sorcery is not the best female book in DC. Worlds' Finest, Batwoman, Wonder Woman, Birds of Prey, Supergirl are all fantastic.

Still your not getting the point, people watched Firefly and Dollhouse even though they knew the shows were gonna be canceled and they had shoddy reviews at the time, does that mean we shouldn't have watched them at all? This happens every pilot season. Why can't the same logic be applied to comics?

True story: I stayed away from Birds of Prey when I noticed the writer was the same man who incorporated space sharks into his generally-not-good Cable, and his Night of the Owls tie-in issue of BoP was more than enough to convince me to not go back and pick up a #1. :o

Still your not getting the point, people watched Firefly and Dollhouse even though they knew the shows were gonna be canceled and they had shoddy reviews at the time, does that mean we shouldn't have watched them at all? This happens every pilot season. Why can't the same logic be applied to comics?

Because people buy and read and watch what they want to. Captain marvel is still selling 20k because there are 20k of people buying it. Not everyone have the same taste or are savvy about comic news. I choose to not read it because i have 7 other alternatives for good female books and I got a limited budget, thats why I don't buy every single book. You are free to buy and read whatever you want to though. But if you have a limited budget wouldn't you want to buy something better? Unless you are a fan of Carol Denvers and you would buy every single comic she is in, you would definitely put a different value to it. Captain marvel might be the only book you want to buy.
I am not forcing anyone to not buy the book. Every book have their readers and people are free to do what they wanna do. But I have a limited budget so I only buy books that I perceive to be worth buying.

But space sharks sound amazing though

I've been really enjoying Birds of Prey

Starling is my soul mate

Because she's intelligent.

:up:

It's so good

I've been digging the current arc so much and DeConnick writes a great Carol

Can't wait for her to take over as writer for Avengers Assemble too

sethypants said:
Not really. There isn't a point to read an average book when I've got so many alternatives that are so much better. Sword of Sorcery just released its first issue and its mind blowingly good. The art is fantastic and the story is so so compelling. Great premise and good writing. And Sword of Sorcery is not the best female book in DC. Worlds' Finest, Batwoman, Wonder Woman, Birds of Prey, Supergirl are all fantastic.

I disagree with you about Captain Marvel not being good but we can both agree that Batwoman, Sword of Sorcery and Birds of Prey are all really amazing and excellent comic books that everyone should be buying :)

They're some of my favourite DC titles right now and I recommend everyone check them out

I disagree with you about Captain Marvel not being good but we can both agree that Batwoman, Sword of Sorcery and Birds of Prey are all really amazing and excellent comic books that everyone should be buying :)

They're some of my favourite DC titles right now and I recommend everyone check them out

Sure, different people different taste. Wonder Woman and Supergirl are actually the titles that I look forward to the most every month. I've only jumped into BOP after NOTO crossover and picked it up from there cos its so amazing. Was never really into Batwoman but I had to pick up #12 because Wonder Woman is in the book and I'm shocked at how good the book was.

:up:

Now you must go buy Batwoman issue 1 to 11 and bask in the amazing-ness of Kate Kane

Also buy Batwoman Elegy 'cause that trade be absolutely :awesome:

LOL. Ill wait for the end of Wonder Woman cameo before I decide if I wanna read more Batwoman. Ill just get the trade if I like it.
Currently getting Batgirl cos of my love for Gail Simone and Barbara Gordon. I didnt like the 2nd arc as much as I liked the first arc but #0 was alright. Im not a Steph fan so I am currently still enjoying Batgirl. lol

LOL. Ill wait for the end of Wonder Woman cameo before I decide if I wanna read more Batwoman. Ill just get the trade if I like it.

You totally should

It be the best comic book that DC is publishing right now :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"