Gina Carano is No Longer Cara Dune... Fortunately

To be the biggest disappointing thing about this news is, while we never officially got a cast list for this, I was really hoping they'd use Paul Sun-Hyung Lee character again. Especially with Kim's Convenience being unexpectedly cancelled.

Oh no. :csad:

I don’t know why they couldn’t adapt it without Dune.

Thats a fan ****ing tastic question.
Because why would they think that this with Carano as lead would have been more successfull than without her?

It had more chances without Carano, so i want to know why they cancel it.

I just think maybe they started developing it, and it's not as cool as they thought it was. Happens to a lot of shows after writers get into it.

I mean, imagine the multiple "Return of Boba Fett" pitches Lucasfilm has heard. There is a reason that Park & Recs bit with Patton Oswalt exists.

I think if it doesn't work as Rangers, it will turn into something else. I think they should build characters, and not take chances with troubled actors who spat like a spiteful teenager.

I just think maybe they started developing it, and it's not as cool as they thought it was. Happens to a lot of shows after writers get into it.

I mean, imagine the multiple "Return of Boba Fett" pitches Lucasfilm has heard. There is a reason that Park & Recs bit with Patton Oswalt exists.

I think if it doesn't work as Rangers, it will turn into something else. I think they should build characters, and not take chances with troubled actors who spat like a spiteful teenager.

There is a lot of truth to this. Boba Fett and Obi-Wan Kenobi solo movies got kicked around before sort of dissipating. Then they came back as their own Disney+ shows on the heels of The Mandalorian's success.

Not sure why we're talking about Rangers here. She was meant to maybe star in it, but Cara Dune's show was a completely separate project. It has been said on multiple occasions that the Cara Dune show was removed from the line-up on Disney's Investor Day. So it was never announced to begin with. Whatever problems the Ranger show is having, it has absolutely nothing to do with Cara Dune.

Last edited:
Not sure why we're talking about Rangers here. She was meant to maybe star in it, but Cara Dune's show was a completely separate project. It has been said on multiple occasions that the Cara Dune show was removed from the line-up on Disney's Investor Day. So it was never announced to begin with. Whatever problems the Ranger show is having, it has absolutely nothing to do with Cara Dune.

Technically, you are right. It was never confirmed that Carano was a part of Rangers of the New Republic. I think people though are connecting her to it due to the show's title, it supposedly tying into the timeline of Mandalorian, and her becoming a New Republic Marshal in Mandalorian.

However, it was also never confirmed Disney was working on a separate show for Cara Dune independent of Rangers either. And sometimes press outlets do get things wrong or mis-report news.

I think the other thing to keep in mind, just because Rangers is not in active development right now, doesn't mean it can't get revived later on.

As long as she keeps her mouth shut, probably not.
Yep. The anti-vax stuff is incredibly disappointing. But overall she isn't close to the realm Carano was, and even then Carano only got fired because she wouldn't shut up. They gave her multiple chances and just kept digging until she got to anti-Semitism. A topic most of America agrees counts as too far.

Last edited:
Yep. The anti-vax stuff is incredibly disappointing. But overall she isn't close to the realm Carano was, and even then Carano only got fired because she wouldn't shut up. They gave her multiple chances and just kept digging until she got to anti-Semitism. A topic most of America agrees counts as too far.

I dont know about that considering the amount of "istandwithgina" hashtags there were/are.
For a shocking amount of people there is no "too far".

But yeah, so far Banks only liked 1 post seemingly...if she shuts up then she will be fine.
Carano would still be employed if she wouldnt have tried to use the holocaust like the god damn idiot she is.

Even true for attractive women... Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

No sorry. This isn't quite the same situation. If she starts going all Drake Wuertz, then yes, we can revisit this.

Banks is also much lower profile and playing a much smaller character, she'd have to blow a lot more smoke to draw the attention Carano did, and if she did, she's also a lot easier to replace/write out, since she was barely a character anyways, they wouldn't even need to make an announcement of dropping her since most viewers wouldn't even notice if they just replaced her character with another generic female Mando. I don't see any reality where this gets as messy as it did with Carano.

I dont know about that considering the amount of "istandwithgina" hashtags there were/are.
For a shocking amount of people there is no "too far".

But yeah, so far Banks only liked 1 post seemingly...if she shuts up then she will be fine.
Carano would still be employed if she wouldnt have tried to use the holocaust like the god damn idiot she is.
The majority of Americans agree antisemitism is bad. The problem is the distortion of what that is.

Funniest thing I'm going to see all year was walking into my comic shop to find a $12 Cara Dune Funko Pop behind glass with an $80 price tag on it.

I see Emily Swallow is dipping her toes in AntiVax wackiness.

Is Lucasfilm gonna need to scour the social media of potential cast so they don't hire problem people?

Well I'm off to go buy The Armourer figures and mark them up on ebay. :o

Star Wars: Lucy Lawless May Have Lost Part in Franchise After Mandalorian Fancasting

In a recent interview with Metro, Lawless revealed that she had been in talks with Lucasfilm for a different role in the Star Wars galaxy, but that the offer might have fallen through due to the fan campaign.

"Well to be honest with you, I was already in discussions about something on - it wasn't The Mandalorian - something Star Wars-affiliated," Lawless revealed. "It might have hurt me in some way because then they couldn't hire me because it would seem to be pandering to... I'm just guessing here, I don't know anything, but in some ways, it can be unhelpful, because if they pander to this fan group, then how are you going to pander to every other fan group, do you know what I mean?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"