Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNextNolan22

Hurting Really REALLY BAD
Reaction score
I don't need it...
...I don't need it...
...I NEEEEEEEEEEEED IIIIIIIIIITTTTTT!!!

There's PLENTY of great things coming out in the next 3 years that could hold me off.

BUT I STILL NEED TEH MOVIE DOE!!! :o

A four year gap is not good. I know Legendary wants to keep Gareth on for the sequel after he does his SW spinoff for Disney, but usually if the director isn't available, studios need to get a sequel out in 2-3 years. Build on that goodwill.

But now... it's definitely going to make less than the first did domestically.

Whether it's 2 years or 4 years, people will still flock to see it.

A four year gap is not good.

Dark Knight Rises was released four years after Dark Knight, and that was because they waited for Nolan to come back after Inception, and the wait didn't hurt the film.

Unless you can find me a list of examples where a long wait like that hurt the film in the end, I don't think people won't see this after a four year wait, especially if the film looks that good in the trailers and promotion like G'14 was, and they want to support both the next film and the franchise as a whole.

But The Dark Knight is widely considered a good movie. People would have waited 10 years for the next installment if they had to

Last edited:
Dark Knight Rises was released four years after Dark Knight, and that was because they waited for Nolan to come back after Inception, and the wait didn't hurt the film.

Unless you can find me a list of examples where a long wait like that hurt the film in the end, I don't think people won't see this after a four year wait, especially if the film looks that good in the trailers and promotion like G'14 was, and they want to support both the next film and the franchise as a whole.

Star Trek Into Darkness

Yeah its a mixed bag waiting for years, STID definitely took a dip because of it. But then other sequels like TDKR, Terminator 2, Aliens, etc took 4 years or more to come out and still did well.

I think STID was hurt more by poor marketing than anything else. They played out the whole Cumberbatch mystery far longer than they had and probably would've been better off marketing around the fact that Khan was coming back.

far to big a gap really. by that time most of the general audience wont give damn. late 2016 would have been better

fkn star wars :(

all opinion, the quality of tdkr is really up for debate, and the length of wait plus the ledger shadow really did hurt the quality of the story and film imo

It all depends in how they approach it.

STID was such a typical by-the-numbers sequel where, when you think about it, not much happens. Which pains me to say as I LOVED Abrams ST09.

However if they take the TDK route and have a story that really expands the world with a bit more more complexity it would be great whether it comes in 5,10 or 15 years.

I just want some better actors and a tighter story. No more Johnson and Olsen.

I would hope, and think, that they'd go the Planet of Apes route and have different human protagonists every film, with perhaps Serizawa as then sole consistent figure.

Serizawa should never come back. One of the worst characters in the film. Frankly, I'd be fine with a new director too.

Really looking forward to this, I most definitely can't wait to see what King Ghidorah looks like.

And I disagree that the four year wait will hurt the film. The first one was received well & got good reviews so if the sequel is on that wavelength and offers something worth seeing, people will undoubtedly go see it.

Grant Morrison Wants To Do A ‘Godzilla’ Movie
Alex Zalben said:
Writer Grant Morrison has destroyed – and built – new universes in the pages of comic books for years. But never before has he created two of them at the same time, in the same comic – and luckily, this one has an appropriate title: “Annihilator.”

The first issue of the eagerly anticipated book hits stores this week, so MTV News hopped on the phone with the writer to talk about his influences for the book, his flirtation with Hollywood, and how he’s dying to do a “Godzilla” movie:

MTV: So what about working with Legendary… What’s that been like, and given the subject matter, is there any interest in feeding this back into the movie side of the company?

Morrison:
Obviously because Legendary has more experience as a movie studio than as a comic book company, there’s always potential. But I really wanted to do a good comic book, not even thinking about the film yet. To get Tom Cruise, that wasn’t the intention. I wanted to tell this story, and the chance to tell it with a company so deeply entrenched in Hollywood – I couldn’t say no.

It was really targeted to Legendary, and I got along so well with Thomas Tull, and Bob Shreck, who was my Editor there. I felt comfortable there, and it’s been an interesting experience.

MTV: What about the other way… Is doing a “Godzilla” movie, or something with “Skull Island” of interest to you?

Morrison:
I have a great idea for “Godzilla!” I have the best “Godzilla” idea, but no one has ever asked me it.

MTV: Hey, I’ll ask you right now.

Morrison:
No, I’m not telling you my “Godzilla” idea! I want to use it. I’d love to tell you, honestly, but… No. [Laughs] One day, maybe, you’ll see my “Godzilla” idea.

Godzilla 2 - 10 minutes of actual Godzilla footage.

No thanks, I'd much prefer they keep Edwards...which is what they're going to do anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"