Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to those who hate Final Wars, it is possible.

Sadly, I was still perfectly okay with my VHS's at the time. But, considering I still have to wait for 1985 to get put onto a modern format, I will be okay with a few other unwatchable holes in my collection.

As much as I love Destroyah, his origin is lacking without the Oxygen Destroyer. Also, the story of Godzilla going into meltdown doesn't feel appropriate to this incarnation of Godzilla. And we will see about Godzilla 2. So far, it is feeling like a spiritual remake of Ghidorah the Three Headed Monster. And I suspect Anguirus isn't one of the 5 Kaiju that Legendary licensed. But we will see.

Anguirus was Godzilla's first foe! I would be pretty sad if Legendary didn't buy him. :(

They could introduce the Oxygen destroyer in Godzilla 2, and build up to it all the way to Godzilla 3. let Destroyah be a product of the oxygen destroyer too, making him Godzilla's most dangerous foe.

If done right, Burning Godzilla could work, they just need to change a few things, it could definitely work. I could see the meltdown story happening more than.. say Mecha Godzilla, or even Kiryu, who is slightly more realistic.

I seriously thought Hedorah was going to appear in Godzilla 2, but guess I was wrong.

Godzilla 2 should be called: Godzilla: War of the Monsters
Godzilla 3 should be called: Godzilla: Destroy all Monsters (Since Gareth wanted to do a DAM type sequel)

Biollante would be a visually stunning monster, I'd love to see her too. Godzilla has such a rich roster of monsters! :D

Last edited:
So I recently watched Godzilla and thought it was alright but I really have no idea how you can make another one that would add to the story. What more is there to say?

So I recently watched Godzilla and thought it was alright but I really have no idea how you can make another one that would add to the story. What more is there to say?

How do the world's superpowers respond to a creature like Godzilla?

What would be the societal and economic effects of having these things exist in our world?

That kind of stuff is prime material to look at it and delve into.

Yeah.. Godzilla can't be destroyed.. (At least not by Ultraman)

Actually they really did team up!

Does Toho insist on Japan being part of every storyline? From this point going forward, I'm not understanding the rationate for these creatures to exclusively focus on the Pacific Rim when they surface to wreak havoc.

Give me this. Plzthnx. :yay:

wT2wSrX.jpg

http://blackmatter234.deviantart.com/

Wow! Now that I would pay to see now!! :D

The key with Ghidorah is to honour his classic dragon appearance, but also make him seem extraterrestrial. I found this over at Tohokingdom and I think it kind of works:

spb50k.jpg

I wonder if they will write in a subplot for ghidorah like they hate each other because godzilla stole ghidorahs man and now whenever they see each other they have to duke it out like ariana grande and nicky minaj

Seeing all this awesome art gets kinda sad when you realize it won't be out till 2018.

Effects of Godzilla attack were lightly explored in Goji vs Biollante...
I just want a damn Goji '85 Blu Ray...hell even a DVD..

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/japans-toho-produce-new-godzilla-754751?utm_source=facebook

So, it looks like we may be getting Japanese Godzilla movies in the off years.

I am really, really torn on this. This could screw up any goodwill the 2014 might have built up. Toho's track record isn't exactly spotless, especially with the Millenium movies. But it is more Godzilla movies, which I am not about to object to. Especially since Gareth will slow down the next down with his little Star Wars movie.

I doubt if they'll have any impact on Gareth's sequel...even if they're bad they have nothing to do with him or his first film.

All in all, it does kind of suck that we have a four year wait but I can sleep more peacefully at night knowing we finally got a Godzilla movie done correctly for the modern era. That is enough to satisfy me 'til the sequel.

I don't know, this is a VERY unique situation in terms of franchises. To have too concurrent series happening at the same time is just weird. How can we predict how interconnected the two are. Any momentum and goodwill that G'14 was building could be halted. Granted, I don't expect a wide release. At most similar to what DBZ: Battle of Gods got this year, so the damage could be limited if the movie is bad.

The plus side is that Toho is not rushing this, nor do they seem to be intent on churning out a yearly Godzilla movie. So they at least seem to have learned some lessons. But, it is a new Godzilla movie, so I am onboard. Here's hoping for some new monsters.

All i care to know is will we ever see an updated Minya on the big screen?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/japans-toho-produce-new-godzilla-754751?utm_source=facebook

So, it looks like we may be getting Japanese Godzilla movies in the off years.

I am really, really torn on this. This could screw up any goodwill the 2014 might have built up. Toho's track record isn't exactly spotless, especially with the Millenium movies. But it is more Godzilla movies, which I am not about to object to. Especially since Gareth will slow down the next down with his little Star Wars movie.

It won't screw up anything Warner Bros./Legendary have established.

I don't know, this is a VERY unique situation in terms of franchises. To have too concurrent series happening at the same time is just weird. How can we predict how interconnected the two are. Any momentum and goodwill that G'14 was building could be halted. Granted, I don't expect a wide release. At most similar to what DBZ: Battle of Gods got this year, so the damage could be limited if the movie is bad.

The plus side is that Toho is not rushing this, nor do they seem to be intent on churning out a yearly Godzilla movie. So they at least seem to have learned some lessons. But, it is a new Godzilla movie, so I am onboard. Here's hoping for some new monsters.

James Bond had the EON "Octopussy" out the same year as the unofficial film "Never Say Never Again." and that was Roger Moore film vs a Sean Connery film.

Though them wanting this to have a wider appeal sounds like a risky move.

I don't know...I just don't see any risks for the Warner Bros. series. I think audiences are perceptive enough to recognize they are two separate franchises & if they dislike the new Toho films most would probably just be turned off of the Toho series & not Godzilla in general.

At the end of the day, my gut feeling tells me Godzilla 2 is gonna blow anything they do out of the water.

Sorry but I just don't find this new generation seeing men in rubber suits as appealing. It was awesome fun for the old series but now? Meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"