Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire

I had so much fun with this. It’s an important reminder that stoners, autistics and the queer community need to stand in solidarity with one another. Great day out

Make that money so I can get Gamera :o

I'm going to laugh if Toho lets Legendary do Bagan first.
I will continue on this Gamera path until my demands are met and I will die on this hill!!!! :cmad:

I'm going to laugh if Toho lets Legendary do Bagan first.
Considering that Bagan has gotten shafted at every opportunity for a live-action debut, I would not be against this.

I would be fine seeing them, but Gamera would excite me more strictly cause its a crossover thats been essentially impossible forever, and may still be impossible yet but I will continue pushing for it!

I would be fine seeing them, but Gamera would excite me more strictly cause its a crossover thats been essentially impossible forever, and may still be impossible yet but I will continue pushing for it!
Nothing wrong with that. If we do get Gamera instead of the aforementioned two I wouldn't complain at all.

Over midway through the week and the domestic total is at just over $160m.

Could be looking at $170m - $175m after this weekend.

Really enjoyed this, I am more of a Kong guy so the story focusing more on him was really cool to me, and after the last movie I wanted more of Hollow Earth and got it here in spades.

Godzilla though was literally a force of nature in this, he was a monster and kicked ass in every battle he was in, his upgrade was pretty sweet as well.

I liked Skar King a lot and the build up to him was well done, liked Shimo a lot too and loved the resolution to Shimo's story. Both Godzilla and Kong having a reason to hate SK was pretty well thought out.

Lots of Kaiju action here and for most of the the movie you really couldn't tell this had a lower budget than it's predecessor. It was only really the finale being over quicker than expected that showed it.

I did love also that this wasn't just a sequel to GvK , but all the monster verse movies. There being less human characters probably helped also, though Dan Stevens is a really good addition.

I am all for Wingard doing another, and I can't complain if the 3rd focuses more on the Big G as Kong has got the spotlight in the last 2 movies. Bring on more I say.

7.5/10

My wife and I saw this today. The first half drug a bit, but the 2nd half really picked up in the action.
The final fight was pure gold.
Imo, it was better than the final fight in GvsK.

Last edited:
If Projections are correct:

We're looking at $171.6 Million Domestic and $485.2 Million WW

It is currently the second highest grossing film of the year world wide. to which i say DAMN SON.

Its 8 million south of KP4 for the second highest domestic film. Which it should easily have by Friday or next Monday at the latest. Not sure how long they'll keep it in theatres...but its got a shot at the 200 mil mark.

How has the Monster-verse performed in Japan? I imagine they turn up for Big G - not so much Kong?

How has the Monster-verse performed in Japan? I imagine they turn up for Big G - not so much Kong?

Seems to average around $20 million, which is decent for Japan. 14 did 29, KOTM did 25, Skull Island 17, and GvK 16, but again, GvK was still in somewhat of a pandemic.

WB and Legendary pulling up to Kadokawa trying to get the rights to Gamera:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"