Grand Theft Auto V

That's all you Whiskey haha :funny: What system are you on again? You're on last gen right?

yeah 360. Still seemingly plenty of players, just no one I know. I need to hit up reddit, I think they have a board dedicated to finding players.

Sooner or later. Not right away though, I still have a huge backlog of stuff to play. And that's not even considering all the PS3 stuff I haven't gotten to yet. First world problems!

Heck Whiskey if I had Gold, I'd definitely play. Tempted to just get a month's worth and do the heists so I'm not the only person who hasn't played them when I eventually get a new console.

The most irritating bug I have come across so far is the one that crashes at the end of the heist and throws you back to SP, meaning you lose the cash you earn from the final heist.

Apparently there is a patch to sort this inbound but it is making me nervy to stump up the cash to host a heist when the potential pay out is a big fat 0. Plus playing with randoms can be very hit and miss.

Still they are a lot of fun just Rockstar need to sort out the connection issues and matchmaking.

Me and a buddy did the Fleeca Bank Heist last night and even tho it was a fairly simply, straight forward heist, it was pretty damn epic. I mean its so cool how each player has their role. Loved how we equipped ourselves with some bad ass hoodies and balaclavas to take the bank. Just some epic ass imagery. Cant wait to try out the bigger heists.

Are you automatically assigned the roles, or do you get to choose?

Like if one guy is a better driver than everyone else, it would make sense for him to be the getaway driver.

Are you automatically assigned the roles, or do you get to choose?

Like if one guy is a better driver than everyone else, it would make sense for him to be the getaway driver.

Yea the host can set just about everything, from who does what, to the outfits that the crew will wear and of course, the pay out each player gets.

So I had a taste at being an a-hole last night. A lady friend and I were shopping for clothes, or rather I was and she was hanging out outside in passive mode. Some guy rolls up to her in an Insurgent (the gun version) honking at her. I come out and blast the guy. She hops in the driver seat and I take the gun and we both drive around the map killing people. Including the original owner of the Insurgent multiple times. Our reward: She got Meriwether sent after her. I got a $9000 bounty and 2 guys plus the guy who placed the bounty after me. Good times. Normally, we try to mind our business, but that was an opportunity we couldn't pass up.

I want to steal one of those Merryweather Mesas but haven't had a chance yet.

If you can set mercenaries on someone, then get a mate online with you and set them on your mate, kill the mercs and take a Mesa straight to a customs. That's how my brothers and I did it.

I made sure my brother submitted his GTA V videos to IGN for their little 'Share Your Top GTA Moments" because I would bet money he'd get featured. The stuff he's sent me are always so awesome.

Here's a few I made sure he submitted

Last edited:
Gonna start the Pacific Standard Heist tomorrow. I loved the Humane Labs' Heist.

Gonna start the Pacific Standard Heist tomorrow. I loved the Humane Labs' Heist.

I loved that one too. For the finale what role did you have? I was part of the ground team. Fun using the night vision.

Originally Posted by Sterling Archer View Post
I wish they had made it so that the setup missions could be done solo. I have spent most of my time since the update waiting for people to join my mission.

I'll go one step further and say I wished not EVERY Heist and set up required demanded four players. Most of those set ups/heists could be done with 2-3 max.

Man the Pacific Standards heist is really frustrating. Everyone always fails on the bike escape because the cops just smash into you and shoot you when you are on the ground.

Man I finally have time to try out a heist...

But I can never get through one. People keep quitting or the matches don't even start. And Ive tried on and off since this morning.

Man the Pacific Standards heist is really frustrating. Everyone always fails on the bike escape because the cops just smash into you and shoot you when you are on the ground.

My advice? Just drive your bikes to a nearby car and just drive to the destination.

I was invited to that mission last two nights ago. I can understand if people were having problems. Personally, the mission became easier by the time we got on the bikes. The tough part was when you're on foot going to the bikes. So far playing all the finales and some of the set ups, I rank from favorite to not so much as:

Humane Labs (ground team)
Series A Funding (Machine gunner)
Prison Break (Demo)
Prison Break (pilot)
Fleeca (Driver)
Fleeca (Driller)
Pacific Standards (crowd control)

As for set ups, my favorite one so far is the Hydra theft on the aircraft carrier. It's host to the most awful and awesome moments (at the same time) I had with Heists. Awful in the fact my team didn't realize they could fly the jets, so I had to take on all of the enemy jets solo. The near mid air collisions and missiles barely missing... I don't think I can repeat that performance. I wished I could record that. Clutch pilot skills right there...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"