Grand Theft Auto V

It's not super exciting or anything but not all bad either considering it'll at least be a free upgrade for current owners. GTA 6 is confirmed to be in development and so that should be arriving in a couple of years.

No big deal

GTA V, more specifically the online portion, is still too popular still to this day to alienate that fanbase & basically leave them with the choice of sticking with the previous generation to continue playing or upgrade & potentially move on to other titles.

GTA 6 is likely a few years away so porting the title over to the next gen with improved visuals & whatnot, will keep the current game popular for long enough for the new title to eventually arrive.

I played GTA Online earlier and the session was full as usual. It's like DC Universe Online, which started on PS3 and then ported across multiple consoles with recently being on Switch and it still has a ton of players.

If Rockstar wants to do it then so be it. Some players like myself will take advantage of the free upgrade to next gen. If you aren't interested then just wait for GTA 6 and thats it.

Some people moaning like it's affecting you. GTA 6 is in development and this is simply an option for now. A free option(if a current owner)at that! It's not a big deal and yes it was announced at the PS5 reveal but it was the first thing shown and either way so what? Those few minutes wasn't such a huge waste of time when the rest of the show was great.

Reactions: B
Is the PS5 GTA5 just going to be the same game though, or are the graphics and such actually enhanced? Seems like a lot of work (potentially) for Rockstar if the latter, especially if they're working on a new game.

Honestly, they should focus instead of expanding GTA5; enable travel to different regions via the airport, they'd only need to include them on different servers, that way nothing is lost and the game can stick around and evolve naturally with storyline DLC being added as they go.

I suppose the only downside is you're going to have stupid flying bikes, railguns and glitchers who're going to forever have the advantage and ruin the actual playing of the game.

Would be nice. My online character is ranked 251. Some items and vehicles probably won't be in the next game and that sucks as I've grinded hard for many things, including just recently getting myself a super yacht!

Is the PS5 GTA5 just going to be the same game though, or are the graphics and such actually enhanced? Seems like a lot of work (potentially) for Rockstar if the latter, especially if they're working on a new game.

Honestly, they should focus instead of expanding GTA5; enable travel to different regions via the airport, they'd only need to include them on different servers, that way nothing is lost and the game can stick around and evolve naturally with storyline DLC being added as they go.

I suppose the only downside is you're going to have stupid flying bikes, railguns and glitchers who're going to forever have the advantage and ruin the actual playing of the game.

Graphics will be enhanced and include dlc/upgrades from the current gen game versions.

The Oppressor is kinda dumb but Opressor II is awesome! What advantage besides being one of the fastest vehicles? There's other vehicles that can get upgrades with better and more weapons than the Opressor II. Some vehicles can't even get blown up so easily by missiles.

Yeah there are some grievers but they can be killed. I do it often and have been killed plenty. Just dodge and shoot or simply turn on pacifist mode or whatever it's called so you can't be killed at all.

My main vehicle is the flying Deluxo car and it has better and more weapons than Oppressor II. People sure never seem to mind it when I use it for missions! In free roam some want to get a free ride

Last edited:
Honestly it astounds me that the only brand new Rockstar game this current gen is gonna get is Red Dead Redemption 2.

Last edited:
Honestly it astounds me that the only brand new Rockstar game this current gen is gonna get is Red Dead Redemption 2.
Yeah they could have released a GTA VI and another game for the ps4, if they really wanted to. But oh well.

But what a hell of a game it was. They've shifted into taking their time with projects and the output has been brilliant, if RDR2 is anything to go by. I'd rather have one excellent game every five years than a mediocre forgettable game every 1-2 years. That being said however, I was still surprised that we didn't get GTA6 for the PS4/Xbox One generation. They really ran wild with the GTA Online aspect while ignoring the fans who wanted more single player content. You could almost say that GTA V was meant for the PS4/Xbox One generation since it came out at the tail end of the PS3/360 generation's lifespan and was immediately remastered for the current gen.

Even if I played GTA Online, I would probably play it two months maximum (like no long breaks in between game breaks). And the entire map of GTA V isn't that big and even though I still find some new things when I play it (I collected the underwater collectibles during the quarantine), 97% of the entire map no longer feel fresh to me.

GTA VI is definitely overdue especially we got GTA3, Vice City, San Andreas, Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories in a span of more or less 6 years. And that gap between Gta 4 and V didn't feel that long.

But what a hell of a game it was. They've shifted into taking their time with projects and the output has been brilliant, if RDR2 is anything to go by. I'd rather have one excellent game every five years than a mediocre forgettable game every 1-2 years. That being said however, I was still surprised that we didn't get GTA6 for the PS4/Xbox One generation. They really ran wild with the GTA Online aspect while ignoring the fans who wanted more single player content. You could almost say that GTA V was meant for the PS4/Xbox One generation since it came out at the tail end of the PS3/360 generation's lifespan and was immediately remastered for the current gen.
They make so much money that I can't see why they can't significantly increase the size of their teams working on GTA and Red Dead. At least one game from both series per generation isn't asking a lot.

starting on the 18th you can get a free go cart in GTA Online fun little set of wheels not gonna lie lol

Can anyone tell me why a Playstation subscription service is needed for GTA online? I'm intrigued to play due to the lack of a new Gta game, but I don't want to pay psplus.

Can anyone tell me why a Playstation subscription service is needed for GTA online? I'm intrigued to play due to the lack of a new Gta game, but I don't want to pay psplus.
PS Plus is required for all online gaming on the Playstation.

PS Plus is required for all online gaming on the Playstation.
I managed to play/interact with other players with Hyper Scape, watch Dogs 1/2 just fine using ps4. Even Death Stranding has this feature that other players leave stuff behind and I can use them. In Ac Valhalla, people can use my battle companion. All without ps+.

It's not every game, just most games that have a multiplayer component where you compete with others is restricted to PS+. Games where the online feature isn't a direct interaction with other players are less likely to be affected.

Definitely time for a woman protagonist. I hope if they make a lead who is a sex worker they talk to actual organisations like scarlet alliance so they don’t just fall back into old tropes like she’s a victim or naive or someone who needs rescuing

Nice. Finally! Can’t believe how long GTA V has endured. Female protagonist sounds good too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"