Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Box Office Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB33

The Eternal Deviant
Reaction score
Guardians_of_the_Galaxy_Vol._2_logo.jpg

Guardians of the Galaxy was a surprise hit, garnering $333.2M domstically and $773.3M worldwide. What do you guys think about box office prospects for the sequel?

Will it expand on GotG?

Will it struggle to live up to the magic of the first?

Will it gross roughly about the same?

The safe bet is usually around the same domestic total or a bit lower, but a higher foreign total as the rest of the world takes note.

I'm guessing similar numbers to the first one give or take 50-100 mil depending on quality.

I'm gonna say $1B, because people loved the first one. They'll surely fall in love with this one, especially since outside of the fact we know it's continuing the story of Peter Quill's search for his dad, we still know nothing of what else is going on in the movie. Also, since I got to visit the set last month in Atlanta, I really feel confident that the sequel can hit a billion.

Guessing in the high $800m but wouldn't be surprised if this ends up performing about the same the first one. GotG had a novelty factor and no Star Wars at the time. Really don't see this crossing a billion.

I still think this will make a billion, especially now that Alice 2 bombed hardly, Pirates 5 may do the same come next Memorial Day Weekend in 2017, now that Johnny Depo has turned his own name into box office poison.

It will most likely make just a little bit less since most comic book movie box office predictions have been off. Just trying keep low expectations on the box office numbers so I'm not disappointed.

Guessing in the high $800m but wouldn't be surprised if this ends up performing about the same the first one. GotG had a novelty factor and no Star Wars at the time. Really don't see this crossing a billion.

Totally agree with this.

400-500 mill, maybe 600. I don't expect any film to come close to what IW is going to make when that rolls around.

400-500 mill, maybe 600. I don't expect any film to come close to what IW is going to make when that rolls around.

Wait wut???? The first one made 773M, you're saying this will make less???

This is the big Marvel lead in for the year so I'm guessing it'll go $900 million.

The first one grew some legs and I think that means an uptick. Also people love Baby Groot.

I think it will match or slightly rise the first GotG's numbers now that everyone knows and loves it. I don't think it hits Civil War's numbers though.

I'd say a billion is not out of the question. The first one was huge, and the sequel is getting the May release slot. It just needs a strong marketing campaign, and to be as good as the first.

Im gonna say some where in the neighborhood of 850 to 900 mil. Im not really sure what is being released around that time as far as competition goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"