Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3: General Discussion & Speculation Thread

marcvader

Lurker #1
Reaction score
Let's try to limit new thread creations to discussions here. Not every subject needs a thread. Cheers!

Fair enough.

Vol. 3 should be especially interesting because there will have been at least one other appearance of the GotG before it's release. To date Gunn has pretty much had the sandbox to himself.

Now he'll be coming off of fallout from IFW. There may be a chance this doesn't have Ayesha and Warlock in it because it'll be set 5 years or more after Vol 2. Timeline placement should have a big impact on this one.

Trying to think who would be a good actress for Quasar if she is indeed appearing.

So Quasar is a female now? What's she like?

So Quasar is a female now? What's she like?

We're already on our second female Quasar now. But this is likely the first female one, Phyla-Vell. Daughter of Mar-Vell, lover of Moondragon and original member of Star-Lord's Guardians of the Galaxy team.

I know who Phyla-Vell is. Didn't know she was "a" Quasar.

She was Quasar in Annhihilation:Conquest and for the first half of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2.
I'd say her Quasar costume is her most well known one.
phyla_vell_by_aspersio-d4dii32.png

Last edited:
She was also the worst most incompetent Quasar ever, sadly. It was kind of depressing, I really liked Wendell Vaughn.

She was Quasar in Annhihilation:Conquest and for the first half of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2.
I'd say her Quasar costume is her most well known one.
phyla_vell_by_aspersio-d4dii32.png

The sword will look pretty cool in live-action. I hope they use it.

I really hope they minimize Sean Gunn's character. Didn't really care for him and he just wasn't funny or interesting. (The scene where he says goodbye to Nebula made me cringe)

Of course, he's also the director's brother and looks like he has Yondu's arrow now so I probably won't get my wish.

Last edited:
Wonder if they will cameo some Avengers or Dr. Strange after meeting them in IWs?

Going to be nice having Warlock around, hopefully Thanos survives and they can build a connection of some sort.

Gunn seems to like keeping his films somewhat independent story wise. I expect a few new members to be added. Maybe introduce Moondragon.

[YT]3MMMe1drnZY[/YT]

:jd:

This video is so '70s it's ridiculous! The costumes are straight out of a Parliament Funkedelic concert, the dancers are Solid Gold and the song itself is reminiscent of Steve Martin's King Tut. Millenials might be baffled but I felt like I was in a time warp watching it. :funny:

That was my favorite song in the credits, this franchise is just fun.

I know that GOTGV3 will go back to England for production. Marvel's deal with Pinewood Atlanta expires after "Ant-Man and the Wasp" and "Avengers 4" wraps production.

The source told me the move back to England was that they don't have to deal with union issues like Teamsters.

Last edited:
http://www.cbr.com/richard-rider-nova-mcu/

Gunn’s reply was promising. “Yes, definitely. Nova comes up occasionally as someone we might use,” he revealed. “One of the things I’m doing with creating Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, it will take place after the next two Avengers movies, and it will help to set up the next 10-20 years of Marvel movies. It’s going to really expand the cosmic universe. We’re going to be setting up new characters. It will be the last movie of this version of the Guardians of the Galaxy.”

She was also the worst most incompetent Quasar ever, sadly. It was kind of depressing, I really liked Wendell Vaughn.
If you're the worst most incompetent doesn't that mean you're actually pretty good? #doublenegative

I'm not sure I want to leave all our characters for new ones..
It would feel in the universe like: "What are they doing now?"

I'm not sure I want to leave all our characters for new ones..
It would feel in the universe like: "What are they doing now?"
They can cameo if necessary. If the first GOTG without the original doesn't do as well then they can always bring back familiar faces. Cooper is a cgi character so Rocket and his voice won't change, Groot can always return too.

I think they will be mentioned in other movies too.

I just hope James Gunn heeds the criticism and tones down some of the forced jokes.

I'm curious to see how things turn out with Vol 3. The first film was about Star Lord's connection with his mother and bringing the Guardians together as a chosen family. Vol 2 hitting things off with his father (biological and sort of adopted) and the group learning what it means to stick together as a family.

But not sure what direction Gunn will go in with the overall story. We know that Adam Warlock is going to be a factor, that Aeysha intends to use to kill the Guardians. Otherwise it is pretty open. Some sort of culmination of the character arcs these individuals have started on

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"