• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

First Avenger Guess the tomatometer for Captain America!

Yeah, I was pretty interested in GL until that first trailer. Whereas all of Cap's trailers have done nothing but make me more interested.

Translation: Thought that they would get annoyed by whatever is relevant to America. I don't know why the hell a dry face emoticon was warranted, I guess that you can't put yourself in the shoes of others in this instance, you do realize that foreigners will watch the movie, right? Too much of something isn't always a good thing.

"Independence Day" was one of the highest grossing international films of all time. That movie borders on jingoism. I think the negative effect any patriotic elements of the films will have internationally are WAAAAY overblown.

You give people a good time at the cinema, and it doesn't matter what country they are from, they'll show up.

"Independence Day" was one of the highest grossing international films of all time. That movie borders on jingoism. I think the negative effect any patriotic elements of the films will have internationally are WAAAAY overblown.

You give people a good time at the cinema, and it doesn't matter what country they are from, they'll show up.

That was also pre-9/11 and the 'War on Terror'

I'll take a stab that this will come in between 75-80%

I just don't see where this whole "superhero fatigue" argument is coming from. I mean, GL and Cap have over a month's seperation. People in the general audience don't count the number of comic films. They watch trailers and say yay or nay. This whole superhero fatigue argument boggles me :csad:

GL's failures have nothing to do with Cap's success or failure!

I wasn't talking about superhero fatigue on any level. I only really meant that too much of something can be a bad thing in instances, I have said more than once that I think that the superhero genre isn't going to die.

Did you realize it was SAAD who asked that question? Expect an unjustified, nonsensical answer.

Hey, here is a tip for you, if you dislike me as much as you do and don't like my opinions then why don't you do yourself a favor and you know? Put me on your ignore list and call it a day? The ignore list option was made for a reason. :whatever:
And by the way, if you try to make it personal again by taking a shot at me again in another thread, I will report you.

Anyways, I have reversed my prediction and think that the movie will land in the 60s percentile category on Rotten Tomatoes.

Last edited:
Even though I changed my guess, I still feel as if the T-meter could go in just about any direction.

I'd be cool with a 70%-80% rating.
As long as they praise Hugo Weaving/Red Skull!

Yeah Red Skull is obviously my most looked forward to aspect of this film. Let's hope he doesnt disappoint

At this point, I'll be happy as long as things stay within the red (fresh). But I'm hoping for 75% +.

lol @ 90% guesses

taking into account who the director is, track record for said director, and estimates

62%... and that's being generous

You mean the guy that worked on Raiders of the Lost Ark and Star Wars, designing both Boba Fett and Yoda? And directed October Sky and The Rocketeer, two great period pieces?

Around 80%, with a average score at around 7.0.

I'm thinking Cap will likely end up with 80% RT rating.

You mean the guy that worked on Raiders of the Lost Ark and Star Wars, designing both Boba Fett and Yoda? And directed October Sky and The Rocketeer, two great period pieces?

lol why so sensitive?

Plus if you're going to be selective why leave out 'Hidalgo', 'Jurassic Park 3' and of course the much adored (whoops) 'Wolfman'?

Nice try stockpiling a career with misc info btw you sly dog you :cwink:

^You seem like a bit of a troll. There is a nastiness about your posts and I for one don't care for it.

Hell I'm not a big JJ fan either but I know trollish behavior when I see it.

Hidalgo, and Jurassic Park 3 were awesome. JP3 I thought was way better than The Lost World. Wolfman was not Joe Johnston's fault at all. That movie was a mess from the beginning.

I don't think 90+ is that big of a stretch... it seems the consensus is that it's "as good or better than" Iron Man (94%)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"