Gunn's Justice League?

Would you guys want Hawkgirl in The DCU JL? I was first introduced to DC with her as a member in the animated show but I don't know how popular of a choice she is beyond that.

Them casting such a young actress would hopefully indicate the character has a long on-screen history ahead of her.
So Hawkgirl in Gunn's Superman is Kendra Saunders. There's a possibility Shayera Hol is in the League.

So Hawkgirl in Gunn's Superman is Kendra Saunders. There's a possibility Shayera Hol is in the League.
I don’t see them bringing in Shayera without Hawkman, and that’s a whole other story/movie, so I’m betting they’re sticking with Kendra for the DCU.

Not that this will happen, but my lineup would be.......
Superman
Hawkgirl
Martian Manhunter
Dr fate
Captain atom.
GL
Part timer ( Batman )

Could bring in more later.
WW, atom, flash, etc.

There'd be nothing more Gunn than to have it so the heroes already in Superman ARE the Justice League International.

-Superman
-Guy Gardner
-Hawkgirl
-Metamorpho
-Mr. Terrific.

I'm thinking more of a 9-person team, since it's being established from the get-go that Sector 2814 pretty much has multiple lanterns at any given time and there's no way they're making a Supergirl movie in "Chapter One" and then not letting her play with the JL. But lbr, as much as I'm rooting for her to stay on, Sasha Calle's almost definitely getting recast...

Clark Kent/Superman - David Corenswet

844668b80765a7e08c391907c95344c75e39e06a.gif

Bruce Wayne/Batman - Lee Pace

a8de310f8ac07d8c38da73d056185fa40a7860f3.gif

Diana Prince/Wonder Woman - Adria Arjona

846a139f35b0acad249ebc28232afb5b.gif

J'onn J'onzz/Martian Manhunter - Babs Olusanmokun

i-think-its-the-best-option-dr-mbenga.gif

Arthur Curry/Aquaman - Leo Suter

292123389dfc6163c43d5141b6322db6de1b2efb.gif

John Stewart/Green Lantern - Trevante Rhodes

58386cf11c7133815e8347f9d38935e0a7cb4036.gif

Jessica Cruz/Green Lantern - Rachel Zegler

c6376f8eeece298eda0363837cedd31099b1ecc9.gif

Kara Zor-El/Supergirl - Angourie Rice

anigif_sub-buzz-10110-1622064990-4.gif

Wally West/The Flash - Joe Keery

joe-keery-stranger-things-season4.gif
Love your Wally and Jessica. And love that you chose them as your Flash and GL.

1. Superman/Clark Kent
2. Batman/Bruce Wayne
3. Wonder Woman/Diana Prince
4. Martian Manhunter/J'onn J'onzz
5. The Flash/Barry Allen
6. Green Lantern/John Stewart
7. Hawkgirl/Shayera Hol

If we add to the slots give me Aquaman, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Atom, Zatanna, and Captain Marvel (SHAZAM). I'm also fine with subbing in the Lanterns or Flashes anytime they need to as long as there is always a Lantern or Flash on the team.

Cyborg to me is a Titan or He should be a team leader and he can't be a team leader with the JL as long as the Trinity is there.

I like different lineups and even like the inclusion of some b or c list heroes like Vixen or Red Tornado etc

1. Superman/Clark Kent
2. Batman/Bruce Wayne
3. Wonder Woman/Diana Prince
4. Martian Manhunter/J'onn J'onzz
5. The Flash/Barry Allen
6. Green Lantern/John Stewart
7. Hawkgirl/Shayera Hol

If we add to the slots give me Aquaman, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Atom, Zatanna, and Captain Marvel (SHAZAM). I'm also fine with subbing in the Lanterns or Flashes anytime they need to as long as there is always a Lantern or Flash on the team.

Cyborg to me is a Titan or He should be a team leader and he can't be a team leader with the JL as long as the Trinity is there.

I like different lineups and even like the inclusion of some b or c list heroes like Vixen or Red Tornado etc
Why not add Swamp Thing or Supergirl to the League especially since Gunn is releasing movies on them before the JL movie comes

Why not add Swamp Thing or Supergirl to the League especially since Gunn is releasing movies on them before the JL movie comes
Swamp Thing as a member of Justice League Dark. I hope the most dreamlike and esoteric part of DC mythology will be explored.
Supergirl on the other hand could be a good addition to the roster, although it wouldn't surprise me to see her first in the Titans.

Part of me wants to see Gunn add in someone really bonkers who has been an obscure member in the comics in the past.

I would love to see him use someone like Congorilla.

For me, I'd like to see a JL unlimited or a crisis on infinite earth's type of gathering for the last 2 ( or 3? ) films to fight the final battle(s).

I don't know who, or what, the ultimate villain will be, but I have to think it will be someone on the level of a Darkseid, anti-monitor, or trigon.
A Supreme type of being that will need dozens of heroes AND villains to take down.
I say villains because this is their home also, and I have to think it will be a "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" situation.

For me, I'd like to see a JL unlimited or a crisis on infinite earth's type of gathering for the last 2 ( or 3? ) films to fight the final battle(s).

I don't know who, or what, the ultimate villain will be, but I have to think it will be someone on the level of a Darkseid, anti-monitor, or trigon.
A Supreme type of being that will need dozens of heroes AND villains to take down.
I say villains because this is their home also, and I have to think it will be a "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" situation.
My problem with that approach is twofold:
(1) with the exception of maybe CoIE, most DC Crisis stories are not highly regarded universally. My personal favorite Crisis story is Infinite Crisis, where Superboy Prime is the villain. But most people aren’t enamored with that story and even though Superboy Prime is my personal favorite DC villain, I don’t want him as a villain on film. DC thrives better in the more intimate, emotional conflicts as opposed to the grandiose galactic threats that lead to crises. In fact I’d say that even Darkseid works best in Fourth World as opposed to being a JL villain.
And (2) Marvel already did this with the Infinity Saga. Everyone wants DC to do what Marvel did, but why not be innovative? Why not do something different? The Marvel recipe that spanned ten years was innovative, but now it’s formulaic. I don’t know that CBM fatigue is as real of a thing as much as also-ran shared universe building up to big fight movie is a rinse-repeat formula that is tired. Honestly, the reason why CoIE is as popular as it is is probably due to nostalgia and the fact that when it came out, no one had attempted anything like it before. Fast forward to today where you can visit the comics forums on this very site and every time a crossover event is announced, we all groan because even in the comics, it’s a tired formula that ruins the allure of the character studies of the individual titles.

My problem with that approach is twofold:
(1) with the exception of maybe CoIE, most DC Crisis stories are not highly regarded universally. My personal favorite Crisis story is Infinite Crisis, where Superboy Prime is the villain. But most people aren’t enamored with that story and even though Superboy Prime is my personal favorite DC villain, I don’t want him as a villain on film. DC thrives better in the more intimate, emotional conflicts as opposed to the grandiose galactic threats that lead to crises. In fact I’d say that even Darkseid works best in Fourth World as opposed to being a JL villain.
And (2) Marvel already did this with the Infinity Saga. Everyone wants DC to do what Marvel did, but why not be innovative? Why not do something different? The Marvel recipe that spanned ten years was innovative, but now it’s formulaic. I don’t know that CBM fatigue is as real of a thing as much as also-ran shared universe building up to big fight movie is a rinse-repeat formula that is tired. Honestly, the reason why CoIE is as popular as it is is probably due to nostalgia and the fact that when it came out, no one had attempted anything like it before. Fast forward to today where you can visit the comics forums on this very site and every time a crossover event is announced, we all groan because even in the comics, it’s a tired formula that ruins the allure of the character studies of the individual titles.
Yeah but Darkseid as a Justice League villain much like Thanos for the Avengers is inevitable

Yeah but Darkseid as a Justice League villain much like Thanos for the Avengers is inevitable
Why?
Darkseid wasn’t shoe-horned into main DC continuity until the Challenge of the Superfriends, and even after that he didn’t really do a ton with main continuity until Final Crisis. It’s not like he’s an indispensable villain to the JLA.
Plus, if DC just copies Marvel’s cinematic universe, it’s doomed before it starts. Why would anyone pay to be shown a JL movie that is only an Avengers retread? You’ve got to do something different.
If you had to do a shared universe (which I guess is the intention even though I’d prefer no shared universe) or a JL movie, I’d prefer Maxwell Lord and either the Crime Syndicate or the Legion of Doom.

At least that’s different.

I too would prefer to avoid Darkseid/Apokolips for a while. There are plenty of stories to tell and different threats to utilize.

Just don’t waste them on a Supes movie pls. I get that STAS made a lot of people associate the New Gods with Supes, but that’s just so unnecessary imo. Supes has his own cosmic Big Bads, he doesn’t need that. And frankly, squashing those characters into Superman stories only makes them less interesting than they are on their own imo.

Oh sure. I fully agree. The dynamic and core story between Darkseid and Highfather with their sons can be mined for some legit drama. That's a Greek mythology-type premise. Those worlds are also just ripe for some real cool spectacle as well.

For New God projects, I would love an adaptation of King’s Mister Miracle followed by an adaptation of Simonson’s Orion. You’d have to adjust their continuities a bit (and adjust Orion’s personality in MM lol) but I could see those stories making for a pretty complementary saga despite how different they are tonally. For some reason I just feel like MM would make a great New Gods entry point for the GA, while Orion expands on it and goes all Fourth World epic.

For New God projects, I would love an adaptation of King’s Mister Miracle followed by an adaptation of Simonson’s Orion. You’d have to adjust their continuities a bit (and adjust Orion’s personality in MM lol) but I could see those stories making for a pretty complementary saga despite how different they are tonally. For some reason I just feel like MM would make a great New Gods entry point for the GA, while Orion expands on it and goes all Fourth World epic.
Stop reading my mind!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"