Watchmen HBO Eyeing ‘Watchmen’ TV Series from Damon Lindelof

d64ce4a92b976ece5e872b12be8bf91073a43d9a.jpg

WATCHMEN Season 2 Could Go Full AMERICAN HORROR STORY - Dread Central

Lost and The Leftovers creator Damon Lindelof tells THR: “…Am I interested in a second season? The answer to that question is yes, in the same way, that I’m interested in anything that calls itself Watchmen. I do find it interesting, where the story could go next. More importantly, I think we always think about how season two of a show is the continuing adventures of the first season of the show. That’s what happened on Lost. That’s what happened on Breaking Bad.

He adds: “But there’s another thing that’s happened on television. Look at season two of The Wire. That season, it’s the docks. McNulty and the cops are relegated to being second-stringers, no pun intended, in the second season of The Wire. The third season is “Hamsterdam,” the fourth season is a deep dive on public schools. I think Watchmen, not unlike Fargo or True Detective, can accommodate a much larger space of storytelling. That’s interesting to me.”

Finally, he says: “As for me? I haven’t had the idea. I had to convince myself if this was going to be a satisfying nine-episode series, we wouldn’t bury things for later, having done the opposite of that thing on both Lost and to some degree The Leftovers.

With McFarlane doing figures for all different manners of DC media (comics, animation and live action alike), I’ll be really curious to see if he takes a crack at this show’s characters.

I would buy a Laurie Blake figure sight unseen.

Think of the accessories that would come with.

The figures could feature a "build Lube Man" bonus.

Im on episode 5 of The Leftovers and ...oof you really need patience with this show I guess.

Im on episode 5 of The Leftovers and ...oof you really need patience with this show I guess.

Yeah, the general opinion I see is it is season 2 where it gets amazing.

I thought the entire show dropped hard after S1.

Season One is still very, very good.

I finished S2 at the end of December and can't seem to bring myself to watch S3. The show is Lost level of ridiculousness.

With McFarlane doing figures for all different manners of DC media (comics, animation and live action alike), I’ll be really curious to see if he takes a crack at this show’s characters.

I would buy a Laurie Blake figure sight unseen.
Need a Mirror Guy

I just finished this and it was way better and thought provoking than I’d expected. I didn’t love everything but overall a really good show.

Lindelof couldn't quite stick the landing in my opinion, but the first two seasons are brilliant.

Got two DGA nominations for "It's Summer And We're Running Out of Ice" and "This Extraordinary Being"

The awards are flying around! Also I can't wait to see Comedian.

One and done it is!

'Watchmen': Second HBO season won't happen after creator bails

"It's really in Damon’s thinking about what he wants to do. If there's an idea that excited him about another season, another installment, maybe like a 'Fargo,' 'True Detective' (anthology) take on it, or if he wants to do something different altogether. We’re very proud of 'Watchmen,' but what I’m most interested in what Damon wants to do."

The answer: Nothing.

Lindelof told USA TODAY this week that he's told the story he wants to tell and has no interest in a second season, though he's "given my blessing" to HBO should it want to pursue a new installment with another writer-producer.

But Bloys concedes that's unlikely to happen: "It would be hard to imagine doing it without Damon involved in some way."

Sorry, fans, but the season-ending cliffhanger will likely never be resolved.

Ditto, IF they stop here, i will accept it... BUT Nicole Kassel seemingly wanted to continue...

As much as I want to see blue Angels, not sure where they could really go from here as far as doing something compelling with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"