Watchmen HBO Eyeing ‘Watchmen’ TV Series from Damon Lindelof

No problem. And I too would certainly read one if there was!
Would be pretty ironic for the unadaptable graphic novel to have a sequel in a different medium, only for that sequel to get adapted into a graphic novel itself

I was thinking more of a sequel GN to the show than an adaptation, though.

Lucky. Best Buy stopped selling their exclusive steelbooks here in Canada... :csad:
Having not picked up a blu-ray in a few months, I didn't know this until now. That's a downer. :(

They should do one based on the show. Good material and I’m sure it would sell.

I just finished it. It kept me interested for sure. It did feel very "Watchmen" so props to Damon Lindelof & co.

Like the nods from the original Watchmen as well. Interesting use of the Squids haha.

I honestly had no idea what to expect from this series, I just heard not many positive things about it, but I'm glad I gave it a chance. I can see why it would ruffle feathers. I feel they did for the most part a good job continuing the story.

From the Dc Fandome annoucenement
Imagine all the Super Heroes and Super-Villains you’ve ever loved finally coming together in one place to celebrate DC’s past, present and future. Accessible for 24 hours at DCFanDome.com, the global event will immerse fans into the DC Multiverse, with new announcements from WB Games, Film and TV, and comics, as well as an unprecedented opportunity to hear from the casts and creators behind your favorite feature films and TV series, including: Aquaman, The Batman, Batwoman, Black Adam, Black Lightning, DC Super Hero Girls, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, DC’s Stargirl, Doom Patrol, The Flash, Harley Quinn, the SnyderCut of Justice League, Lucifer, Pennyworth, SHAZAM!, The Suicide Squad, Supergirl, Superman & Lois, Teen Titans GO!, Titans, Watchmen, Young Justice: Outsiders and, coming this fall to theaters worldwide, Wonder Woman 1984.

Of course, it could be about interviews with the cast and crew, but we can note that as far as we know, there is no Arrow presence

From the Dc Fandome annoucenement

Of course, it could be about interviews with the cast and crew, but we can note that as far as we know, there is no Arrow presence
Lindelof & co. will also be doing a lot of zoom interviews around this time anyways, just due to the nature of Emmys campaigning, so it might have just been an easy fix.

OK, it let me watch the 1st episode but I can't watch more then 1??

Finally got a chance to watch it and I loved it. It’s leaps and bounds ahead of the movie in terms of quality.

it’s a shame though they did Black civil rights so well but then flopped with Asian representation. They almost had it til the manic pixie girl who wants to steal white mens power by stealing their seed turned up. That was a ...weird choice.

but oh well. I would still watch a second season. It would be interesting if the comedian turned up and they had to expose him #metoo style

When does the free viewing end? I watched 2 episodes on Hulu last night for free, but wasn't that supposed to end Sunday? I just want to know how many days I have to finish it.

Yeah it was supposed to end Sunday. That’s what the articles about it had said. You sure you didn’t subscribe to HBO, SF? :oldrazz:

Last edited:
Not through Hulu. I have both services, but they're not bundled together. I only ask since HBO Max is still not TV friendly for me.

Huh. Does HBO Now still work on your device? Because Watchmen’s not Max content, so it should still be accessible through any HBO app.

Huh. Does HBO Now still work on your device? Because Watchmen’s not Max content, so it should still be accessible through any HBO app.

I never had HBO Now, lol. Hulu has an option for HBO Max being an add on to it, but you have to sign up through Hulu for it. But Hulu was still letting me watch it as of yesterday, and I think it still shows as free on Amazon Prime as well.

Interesting! It kinda sounds like a flub to me so I wouldn’t bet on it sticking around for much longer, but just know you should still be able to watch it on HBO Now or HBO on-demand if you’re still a cable subscriber - however you can watch HBO, it should be available to you.

Interesting! It kinda sounds like a flub to me so I wouldn’t bet on it sticking around for much longer, but just know you should still be able to watch it on HBO Now or HBO on-demand if you’re still a cable subscriber - however you can watch HBO, it should be available to you.

That could be why! I have Hulu Live TV, lol

Are you on a Roku? How are you subscribed to HBO?

Are you on a Roku?

Yep. Where I mostly watch Hulu, lol. Wife uses the Live TV part more than I do right now. But I do like the extra shoes and episodes I can stream with that service. So if the show is free on cable, maybe that's why i can still watch it.

Yep. Where I mostly watch Hulu, lol. Wife uses the Live TV part more than I do right now. But I do like the extra shoes and episodes I can stream with that service. So if the show is free on cable, maybe that's why i can still watch it.
Yeah I’m just confused because it’s NOT supposed to be free on cable anymore, unless you’re subscribed to HBO through cable, and even then, it wouldn’t be on Hulu live because that’s like a separate cable subscription. But the bottom line is, if you subscribed to HBO or HBO Max, then if the free episodes go away, you can still download the HBO Now app (which may have been renamed to “HBO” already, I’m not sure) to whatever device you’re using and finish watching that way, or, if you subscribed through a cable provider, do so via on-demand.

Yeah I’m just confused because it’s NOT supposed to be free on cable anymore, unless you’re subscribed to HBO through cable, and even then, it wouldn’t be on Hulu live because that’s like a separate cable subscription. But the bottom line is, if you subscribed to HBO or HBO Max, then if the free episodes go away, you can still download the HBO Now app (which may have been renamed to “HBO” already, I’m not sure) to whatever device you’re using and finish watching that way, or, if you subscribed through a cable provider, do so via on-demand.

Max subs can use HBO Now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"