• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Amazing Spider-Man How Old Should Peter Be?

DACMAN

The Spidey Fan
Reaction score
We know he's in high school but that means he can be any where from 13 all the way to 19 (I know a couple of people who finished school at 19.)

I'd want to see 15. That's how old he was when he was first bitten in the comics, not 18 like Raimi did it. Plus that's how old he is in the Ultimate line. Go 15, then have him about 16 in the second film and then like 17 or 18 in the third film.

So he'd should be in his second year of high school in this movie.

I'd say about 16-17. Make him graduate halfway through the 3rd or 4th movie...

16, 18 in second movie, 20/21 in the third. Let's NOT spend the entire trilogy in High School. Let's see Peter grow into his first year at college in the second, then finally becoming an adult in the third (while losing Gwen in the process to signify this.)

Yeah, I think they'll go with 14 or 15 years old. This way, all the Disney kids will be interested in having a superhero close to their generation. A rated G or hard PG Spidey reboot will bring the whole family together.

We can have some high school drama now. MJ is a cheerleader, there's no Flash, it's just Eddie now. Eddie is dating her for 3 days, they break up and she blogs on Myspace about her suckish life, Peter asks her out but she says no because he's a dork, and Eddie gets back with her for a couple weeks.

Meanwhile, he's Spider-Man.

Oh you two can go cry in a corner. You got more romantic drama in the Raimi films than you did Spider-Man anyways. So it's kinda funny you say that's all this reboot's gonna be.

Yeah, I think they'll go with 14 or 15 years old. This way, all the Disney kids will be interested in having a superhero close to their generation. A rated G or hard PG Spidey reboot will bring the whole family together.

Knowing that they want to make it darker, it'll pretty much definitely be PG-13...

16, 18 in second movie, 20/21 in the third. Let's NOT spend the entire trilogy in High School. Let's see Peter grow into his first year at college in the second, then finally becoming an adult in the third (while losing Gwen in the process to signify this.)

that time line sounds just like the original trilogy

that time line sounds just like the original trilogy
Except Peter was clearly 18 in the first film as he graduates near the middle that and this time we'd actually see a focus on this stuff. Instead of just saying ''Oh yeah he's this age."

Oh you two can go cry in a corner. You got more romantic drama in the Raimi films than you did Spider-Man anyways. So it's kinda funny you say that's all this reboot's gonna be.

Because we actually got a more mature love story. Maybe overdone and hokey in parts? Sure. But for the most part, I liked it (and I don't even like love stories that much).

No one takes high school seriously. I'll laugh if I see how they make it like Dark Knight in high school.

Because we actually got a more mature love story. Maybe overdone and hokey in parts? Sure. But for the most part, I liked it (and I don't even like love stories that much).

No one takes high school seriously. I'll laugh if I see how they make it like Dark Knight in high school.

Yeah. Do you always read everything at face value, cause it seems you do.

Last edited:
Then my good sir, you would know how ridiculous that sounds. Sony sure is going to take it's billion dollar earning franchise and just turn it into something Batman lite. Oh just because...

:rolleyes:

When they said it was Dark Knight light they meant set in a more realistic world. Raimi's world was full of camp and shtick that made the world around Peter seem unreal. They are cutting that. And I say good riddance.

No more dancing in the streets or terrible jazz club sequences sound okay to me. :o

Then my good sir, you would know how ridiculous that sounds. Sony sure is going to take it's billion dollar earning franchise and just turn it into something Batman lite. Oh just because...

:rolleyes:

When they said it was Dark Knight light they meant set in a more realistic world. Raimi's world was full of camp and shtick that made the world around Peter seem unreal. They are cutting that. And I say good riddance.

No more dancing in the streets or terrible jazz club sequences sound okay to me. :o

""Who will helm the new film is anyone's guess but with the studio interested in a more gritty, contemporary redo of the series,"

What the hell is gritty supposed to mean? Face it, Sony wants their own "Dark Knight" which is plain sad.
And you saying make it more realistic...yeah because a man who shoots webs and sticks to walls can be made into something realistic.

Sorry that two minutes of dancing with the Symbiote on made you think that that's where Spider-Man 4 was going. :o

It clearly was. Everything release about Spider-Man 4 and Raimi's plotline made it sound like a complete disaster of a film. Anne Hathaway walking away from it. His own plotline didn't even gel with his previous 3 films.

Raimi had lost his creativity for Spider-Man. Spider-Man 3 and what was going to become of Spider-Man 4 showed that.

I'm personally glad. The Spider-Man films are Raimi's weakest work. Now he can go off and do things he really does well.

You are judging a script that not only was in progress, but one Raimi didn't even like. :rolleyes:

Raimi made up the plotline. It is as much his fault as Sony's that the film was headed for disaster. It doesn't matter that he didn't like it. He just did not have the creative juice for these films anymore. He gave us 2 very good films, but it was time for him to go.

Did he? And you're judging this "plotline" out of four different plotlines on the internet that may or may not be true? Remember when the script for Spider-Man 3 was known about with Chameleon as the villain?
Or when the rumor came that Aunt May became Carnage? You can't trust anything you read online about people knowing this or that. Even if true, judging a movie purely on an unfinished script that wouldn't be used is so stupid.

I would say make Peter at least a Sophomore in High School. So that he isn't a Freshmen, it would be good if he had already been in Highschool for a least a year and could have the reputation of being the school nerd, and also that way he still has enough time to be Spider-Man a lot before graduation.
If he is a Freshmen then its too young, and too much transition I think. If he is a Senior then its too old and too late to have lots of Spider-Man adventures in High School.
So, in my opinion, I would say at least a Sophomore (hope I spelled it right).
So I guess the character of Peter Parker should be around 16. Doesn't mean the actor has to be that age, but nothing like a 30 year old playing a high school student either.
So I guess this would mean that everyone else has to be around that age too, Flash, Liz Allen, Gwen, Harry, maybe even MJ.

I could see MJ and Flash being older, maybe even Liz (they could be Juniors or something but not more than that, and probably should be in the same class too).
So the entire cast should be, or at least look, around 15, 16, 17.
Except Aunt May, Jonah, and Betty Brant.
What about Betty? In the comics he and her sort of date (even if they only hint at that), how old should she be?
a senior in High School? graduated (18)?

This thread just made me realize how cool it would be to see a 16-17 year old Spider-Man fighting bad guys in their 30s, 40s, and even 50s.
It would be soo cool to actually see something like that, Tobey as great as he was seemed like a young adult fighting adults. But it would be cool to see a teenager, young teenager, fighting adults.
I hope he is shorter and skinnier than the bad guys he fights too, to really emphasis that.

Raimi made up the plotline. It is as much his fault as Sony's that the film was headed for disaster. It doesn't matter that he didn't like it. He just did not have the creative juice for these films anymore. He gave us 2 very good films, but it was time for him to go.

I'm calling that. raimi's original plot was GG2 sandman and vulture, the latter two breaking out of prison together. sony force venom on raimi so now sandman and the third villian has no connection, what's more venom comes with a long back story so things are having to be chopped and changed to fit things in where before it would have flowed better.

so if sony hadn't stuck their nose in almost guaranteed you would have had a better 3rd movie and the villian for the 4th movie would have been OBVIOUS. the funny thing is with the 4th movie sony stuck their nose in AGAIN (what is it with these people).

anyway water under the bridge

"We can have some high school drama now. MJ is a cheerleader, there's no Flash, it's just Eddie now. Eddie is dating her for 3 days, they break up and she blogs on Myspace about her suckish life, Peter asks her out but she says no because he's a dork, and Eddie gets back with her for a couple weeks."

That would suck so damn much!
I can see that happening if they get Mark Webb on the director's seat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"