• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Amazing Spider-Man How Old Should Peter Be?

/\ Harry Potter yo.

He is still a kid in the books/movies. It's not how old the actor is but rather how old he looks.
Different. Much different. And please...Rupert Grint TOTALLY looks way too old next to Emma and Daniel.

You people are forgetting. Actors grow up...get older looking. We CAN'T do a whole trilogy in HS for this reason. Besides his term in HS in Amazing was relatively short if you think about it.

And don't bring up Ultimate, because while it's good. Ultimate is an comic book. It doesn't have to worry about actors getting older and looks changing. I'm sorry but the only film that should be in high school is the first one.

Why would the actor growing up be a problem as long as they do the films one right after another? Tobey was 25 in the first film when he was suppose to be 18. He was 31 when they did Spider-Man 3 when Peter was suppose to be 20 or 21. That's a ten year difference!

So I'm gonna have to say you're wrong on this. Hire an actor who is 15 or 16. Make the first movie. By part 3 he'd be only 22 or so. Which is only 4 years older than the age he'd be on screen. While Tobey on the other hand was 7 years old than Peter in the first one. I think you're wrong.

Ok dude. I don't mean, to be mean, but the fact you brought up Harry Potter means I should stop listening to you all together.

Besides, I don't even get your point.

/\ Opinion.

Fans tend to disagree as they $$ believing these are kids in school.

I agree. He should be 15 or 16 . If you start him out at 17 or 18 you pretty much defeat the purpose of him in high school , because he's basically a senior and he'll be in college soon. He'd be more like Tobey's version and less like a kid , which he is in this version. If they're doing a reboot, they need to draw a clearer distinction between the two francises , hence I think making him a freshman or sophomore would be the best imo.

Exactly. Which is also why I'm conviced we won't get a "genetically enhanced spider" this time.

Also, I'm not saying I find it believable as Daniel Radcliff, IMO, is far too old to be playing a kid.

But there is a suspension of belief that the majority of audiences are willing to tolerate.

Production will also be a key factor, if they shoot back to back, it will help

Radcliff and Grint look like they could still pass for teenagers to me compared to half the actors on those teen shows like Gossip Girl, 91210, ect.

Like I said eariler Tobey was always 7-10 years older than Peter in the movie. I don't get why people think it would be so hard to do three films in high school. Just hire someone who is 15 or 16. When this new trilogy has Peter getting out of high school the actor will only be about 22. Still younger than Tobey was when he was suppose to be 18 in the first movie. He was either 25 or 26!

Yeah, though with Tobey version highschool was a pretty minor part of the first one and they quickly rushed him into college so I could give them a pass for casting a 25 year old. The only problem being , by 3 Maguire was clearly way older then he was playing and had he done a fourth it would be even more so. Casting an actor in their early to mid twenties for this version would be a mistake imo.

Exactly. Which is also why I'm conviced we won't get a "genetically enhanced spider" this time.

the gentically enhanced spider is more realistic than a radioactive spider.

Have him as a junior 16-17 in the first film.

Second film 17-18 and put him as a freshman in college skip senior year of high school. The beginning the scenes of the movie him graduating from high school and what he did with his summer instead of partying saving the day.

I dont think anyone wants to see this series stay in high school. I want to see Peter grow as spider man. Yes lets add drama but please come on lets not have three films of Peter as a sophomore, junior, and senior.

I like the idea of him being a junior or a senior in this film. I'm not saying I want him to stay in high school for three films, but at for one whole film. There just wasn't enough high school stuff in the first film for me. I think they fumbled there. It all went by too quick. I really enjoy all of the school stuff from the comic book, so I was disappointed with that. Hell, have him in high school in the first film and put him in college in the second film. Then you could still get the school thing in the films.

That has nothing to do with what we were talking about.

u said that like it wasnt believable that there was a genetically enhanced spider. i didnt bring it up, but ur right that has nothing to do with it. the type of spider they use really isnt important.

Radcliff and Grint look like they could still pass for teenagers to me compared to half the actors on those teen shows like Gossip Girl, 91210, ect.

dont know about gossip girl, but most of the characters on 90210 were born in '88 and '89 and were still in highschool when it started. i know at least 3 of them just graduated the year before last. and they're still younger than emma stone who was also born in '88, but somehow one of the top choices for mj but people dont say she doesnt look like highschool age.

Seventeen. I can't see Zac Efron pulling off anything younger.

Yes. They're going to market the film towards teenage girls when the first trilogy made a billion dollars from a mostly teenage boy & adult male audience. :whatever:

15 or 16 sounds good. That's when he started in the comics.

Bring on the Oz, says I. (It would also make a great way to incorporate the Lizard.)

Let's please not spend the whole trilogy in HS.

16 in the first film

18, graduating at the beginning, first year of college, second film.

20/21, third film, becoming a man finally and losing Gwen Stacy.

You have to account for the fact that the actors playing these roles will grow between the films, so their characters should grow with them.

Exactly! I guess the posters that want that are probably in high school and would love to have a character that relates to them. oh please
I agree with your time line btw.

Marc Webb likes the Ultimate Spider-Man comics so if they go that route whatever age Parker was in the origins of Ultimate Spider-Man

u said that like it wasnt believable that there was a genetically enhanced spider. i didnt bring it up, but ur right that has nothing to do with it. the type of spider they use really isnt important.

No. You have to read the conversation to get the context of the discussion. I was saying that because they are going to reboot this and because of that need to distance themselves as much as possible from the Raimi films, I'm convinced we're not going to get a genetically enhanced spider again. Not because some how it's more believeable. Besides, I say go radioactive because it's classic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"