Hulk less anticipated than Mamma Mia? Ouch!

meh, we've had next to nothing and people still hate the first movie so its actually not that bad, we're higher than Speed racer.

Take no notice to this whatsoever.

Wait till kids start seeing Hulk toys on shelves.

If it's true the Hulk doesn't talk, I probably am anticipating Mama Mia more.

I think some minds are going to change once the marketing kicks in.
And I know I'm being Capt. Obvious

That's fine. All the more expectations to surpass and completely blow up when the Hulk, in fact, does just that come June 13. Let him be #15. In fact, put him lower than that if you want. lol

Actually, I give no credence to polls. What was the sampling size, 12 people - all family members? No doubt, TIH is suffering damages from the first Hulk, but I think we'd get a better idea about its projected success if the poll was a.) only considering comic book films and b.) sampling comic book fans. In such case, TIH ranks 3rd... right where we expect him to be. But totally random people with broad interests? That tells us almost nothing. Not now anyway. Chances are they'll all change their minds once have a good breakfast or, you know, see something like a TIH trailer. :whatever:

That's fine. All the more expectations to surpass and completely blow up when the Hulk, in fact, does just that come June 13. Let him be #15. In fact, put him lower than that if you want. lol

Actually, I give no credence to polls. What was the sampling size, 12 people - all family members? No doubt, TIH is suffering damages from the first Hulk, but I think we'd get a better idea about its projected success if the poll was a.) only considering comic book films and b.) sampling comic book fans. In such case, TIH ranks 3rd... right where we expect him to be. But totally random people with broad interests? That tells us almost nothing. Not now anyway. Chances are they'll all change their minds once have a good breakfast or, you know, see something like a TIH trailer. :whatever:
I second that post. :up: I want the Hulk to fly under the radar and them BOOM! It blows everything outta the water! That works for me.:cool:

The size of the poll was 2000 people, which is a valid sample, among all demographics, with scientific research methods.

The size of the poll was 2000 people, which is a valid sample, among all demographics, with scientific research methods.

So the poll was valid. Still doesn't tell us anything.

I second that post. :up: I want the Hulk to fly under the radar and them BOOM! It blows everything outta the water! That works for me.:cool:

Yeah EB... you get the idea.

The one problem with this poll is there are varrying degrees of hype in volved

there is no trailer for this movie yet, so its hardly fair to judge the hype, Iron Man has a kick ass trailer, if Hulk gets one of the same level it'll rize into the top ten

So the poll was valid. Still doesn't tell us anything.

Yeah EB... you get the idea.
The problem with the perception of the polling public is they have no real basis of opinion except for what they remember from Ang Lee's depiction. So of course I expect all the negative reactions of many, but embrace it. With this new version, let it be an underdog of sorts. That way when it does really well at the box office, people will go "Ohhhh ****!!!" and appreciate it more than if it had the bar of expection raised really high. They will be saying "Mama Mia" thatsa one spicy Hullka movie". Then they will be shoving a pole rather than taking one. Sorry, but polls with the general public make me wackadoo. Oh! Fuhgeddabout it.
untitled89.jpg
In case your wondering, thats me staring down the poll takers. Man he needs a tic tac.

EB have you seen any promo images or any toys?

Care to share info?

HULK and Mama Mia are targeting two entirely different demographics. If you poll a 100 older folks (40 and above) and ask them what they are looking forward to (HULK or Mama Mia), Odds are, more than half of them would pick Mama Mia as they are aware of the extreme popularity of the Broadway show. If you ask a group of 100 15-30 year olds what they want to see, they will pick the Incredible Hulk. If you break the groups down by their sex, then that also changes the overall results. So yes, it is quite possible that in a specific age group more people are anticipating the release of Mama Mia.

That does not, by any stretch of the imagination, mean that the Incredible Hulk is destined to fail. That would be a ridiculous conclusion to draw.

Stupid. Pointless. Thread.

The movie is still being shot. What the hell are people polling?

That poll means squat. Are they trying to predict what movies will be successful?

Lets take out the 2007 movies and Hulk moves up on the list as far as most anticipated 2008.

1 - Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
2 - The Dark Knight (Batman Begins 2)
3 - The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
4 - Iron Man
5 - Get Smart
6 - The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor
7 - Hancock
8 - Mamma Mia!
9 - The Incredible Hulk

Add in a kick ass trailer and Hulk will move up.

And Hulk will do way better than Mamma Mia, bet on that! What was the last musical that was a huge success? Chicago back in 2002. The Producers and Rent who are far more well known bombed baaad.

It´s not anticipated because there is no information about it in the public eye.

TIH2 has become my most anticipated movie over Ironman.
1.TIH2
2.Ironman
3.TDK
I can't wait for next summer:woot:

If the trailer kicks ass Mamma Mia! Is an after thought.

That poll means squat. Are they trying to predict what movies will be successful?

Lets take out the 2007 movies and Hulk moves up on the list as far as most anticipated 2008.

1 - Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
2 - The Dark Knight (Batman Begins 2)
3 - The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
4 - Iron Man
5 - Get Smart
6 - The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor
7 - Hancock
8 - Mamma Mia!
9 - The Incredible Hulk

Add in a kick ass trailer and Hulk will move up.

And Hulk will do way better than Mamma Mia, bet on that! What was the last musical that was a huge success? Chicago back in 2002. The Producers and Rent who are far more well known bombed baaad.

The Producers was HILARIOUS. But still, it was not very successful as a film release.

^ on that list, I think it's fair that HULK came 3'rd, right after the Dark Knight! I mean Narnia 2 and Tomb Raider! JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"