I'm Reading Your Stuff: General News and Discussion Thread

HARTNETT OR BUST (if they’ll not go with Mia Goth).

It links to a video but who knows where in the video he says it

It’s not from Sneider, it’s from Rocha and Sneider himself says it doesn’t pass his “smell test” wrt being legit. Edgerton makes too much sense for this franchise though, along with guys like jack oconnell and christopher abbott.

HARTNETT OR BUST (if they’ll not go with Mia Goth).
Hartnett said that Nolan actually offered him the part of Batman, so in a parallel universe we would've had a Hartnett-led Dark Knight Trilogy.

I also kinda think he'd have been better. :o

I also kinda think he'd have been better. :o
8b60ab64b4fc33f3dc90ae2577707624a5a6908d.gif

Hartnett is possibly the only actor to turn down the roles of both Superman and Batman. Something ironic about that if he ends up having to embody Harvey's light/dark dichotomy.

And there's no way that 00s (or any era) Hartnett have been better than Bale as Bruce/Batman. Nah, ain't happening. People can rag on Bale's voice all they want, he's still the best Bruce Wayne we've had and it's not close. I said what I said. :p The chemistry he had with Caine's Alfred alone was just too perfect for me to imagine anyone else in there. I mean it's interesting that Nolan offered him the role, but sometimes I think these things just work out the way they're supposed to.

Bale, Keaton and Pattinson have something 'extra' going on behind their eyes that really elevates them IMO. Hartnett doesn't have that. It's why I could never get on the Batfleck train. Sure, he's built like a tank with chiseled chin, but he doesn't have 'it'. That thing.

That said, I think he'd make a great Dent.

Last edited:
I must say, I like that both candidates are a good deal older than Rob. Wasn’t crazy about y’all suggesting 30-year-olds for a D.A. Just felt like too much of a stretch.
The supposed childhood friendship between Harvey and Bruce has barely ever been anything in the comics too. It was always pointless to ask for both of them to be the same age.

If Dent does show up in the sequel, I'll be interested to see if they also include him in the penguin.

As for the rumours, it didn't come from Jeff so it's a large grain of salt. Plus, all these scoopers have a habit of teasing things and I don't think I've seen anything about Harvey Dent being in the sequel besides educated guesses.

I'm intrigued by Hartnett ,since, I could see him as a Mirror to Pattinson's.

He's someone who could have been a young Batman at one point, and he's also a big guy , which would add a unique physicality to Two Face.

Joel is also an interesting choice, if true.

For years, I’ve always thought that Josh Hartnett had a perfect look for Two-Face. At least how I imagine him. He has that swarthy, handsome, nice guy with dangerous eyes kind of look. I would be amazed if Josh is actually chosen.

Not that big on either for the role, but not entirely against it either, lol.

Whoever gets cast, please don't have Dent turn into Two-Face until the third film!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"