I'm Reading Your Stuff: General News and Discussion Thread

It sucks but it was expected given everything going on.

False alarm. That account was fake. Apologies for the heart attack. Post deleted.

I wasn’t trolling. I was legit tricked and thought it was real. :funny:
I'm sure with deep fakes becoming more common this will happen to us more and more. :(

The billion dollar studios need to stop being stupid and pay the writers. Lets get this back on track! I think the Penguin series was supposed to be done with filming in August.

The billion dollar studios need to stop being stupid and pay the writers. Lets get this back on track! I think the Penguin series was supposed to be done with filming in August.
Who knows when we will see it now. :(

I don't mind crime saga, it seems less toxic these days than "yet another comic book drama!" Lol

150989e2957cfbfd405b8139bcfbd5a7e6125403.gifv

dac25a3aaef589ccacf2aa3e0e93bc3b80ba46ce.gifv

2ef9101feced7b24f05eaea4238b9d43e3c17f7f.gifv

7270172d5bffb44f468df7bfcefa89b6602a69fb.gifv

1fIjNCI.gif

So, the director of Secret Wars was told to not read the comics...

Yet we have The Batman consulting (and at the very least) CREDITING 20+ Batman artists/writers from the past 30 years.

Matt Reeves, legend.

> also, this shot is so sexy...

Yet we have The Batman consulting (and at the very least) CREDITING 20+ Batman artists/writers from the past 30 years.

Matt Reeves, legend.

To put it plainly

The number 1 thing that convinced me The Batman was gonna be the best Batman movie ever made before we even got casting news was the fact that Matt Reeves independently said one of his favourite comics is Ego

The fact it's not so commonplace for directors to read the source material that it's regarded as essential is actually absurd

To put it plainly

The number 1 thing that convinced me The Batman was gonna be the best Batman movie ever made before we even got casting news was the fact that Matt Reeves independently said one of his favourite comics is Ego

The fact it's not so commonplace for directors to read the source material that it's regarded as essential is actually absurd

when reeves and pattinson referenced the batman comics they read to prepare for The Batman, i was like:

tumblr_lod4xkkDYp1qkld3fo1_500.gif

finally, when these creatives acknowledge source material that is not only just frank miller's...LOL

Matt Reeves, legend.

To put it plainly

when reeves and pattinson referenced the batman comics they read to prepare for The Batman, i was like:

tumblr_lod4xkkDYp1qkld3fo1_500.gif

finally, when these creatives acknowledge source material that is not only just frank miller's...LOL
To be fair, the Nolan films were very similar that way with Goyer and Jonah being very knowledgeable of the comics and drawing deeply from them. The Dark Knight alone drew from Batman #1, The Killing Joke, The Man Who Laughs, The Long Halloween, etc. And not just in superficial elements either, but in core themes, story, and character ideas.

We never denied that… Nolan respected the comics, thru Jonah and Goyer. But, Reeves is more like us.

We never denied that… Nolan respected the comics, thru Jonah and Goyer. But, Reeves is more like us.
Well, Chinai referred to it as these creatives "finally" getting it, which implies that past creative teams did not.

And that is not exactly true about Reeves being one of us. I mean he is not as detached as Chris Nolan, but he isn't exactly a big comics guy either. His main entry to the character was the 60s TV series and his comics knowledge was rather limited prior to researching for the script and working with Tomlin.

He really gets the character and Gotham, but he is not some lifelong comics nerd. He didn't connect Jeph Loeb his screenwriting professor, with Jeph Loeb, the famous Batman writer, until working on this movie.

Well, Chinai referred to it as these creatives "finally" getting it, which implies that past creative teams did not.

And that is not exactly true about Reeves being one of us. I mean he is not as detached as Chris Nolan, but he isn't exactly a big comics guy either. His main entry to the character was the 60s TV series and his comics knowledge was rather limited prior to researching for the script and working with Tomlin.

He really gets the character and Gotham, but he is not some lifelong comics nerd. He didn't connect Jeph Loeb his screenwriting professor, with Jeph Loeb, the famous Batman writer, until working on this movie.

u're right. i agree with all this.

i was mainly taking a shot at snyder. cuz the dark knight returns seems to be the only batman comic he's ever read. haha

u're right. i agree with all this.

i was mainly taking a shot at snyder. cuz the dark knight returns seems to be the only batman comic he's ever read. haha
Not sure I would call looking at the pictures without understanding or absorbing the words or their meaning "reading". :hehe:

Eh maybe prior to the movie he wasn't but ever since then it's kinda obvious he's become full blown obsessed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"