In The Multiverse Of Madness Spoiler Discussion Thread

Yeah. We all have our opinions and that's cool. I actually loved the movie, but that's just me. I suspect that most people fall somewhere in between our opinions. This movie certainly had Raimi's fingerprints on it, but I stop at saying "Marvel put handcuffs on him" or "Marvel interfered or it would have been better" or something along those lines. I tend to just take movies for what they are and stop with "the studio was at fault" stuff. We just don't know for sure. For all we know, whether we like something or not, the studio, director, writer, etc. may or may not have ALL been in lockstep.
Raimi had awesome moments here. It made me want to go back and watch his Spider-Man movies (that's actually what I ended up doing). And I actually really enjoyed his horror elements here. I just don't think his style necessarily fit the (terrible) writing of this movie all that well, and that's not really on him. I can say, after seeing this movie I would love a Spider-Man 4 from him.

Raimi had awesome moments here. It made me want to go back and watch his Spider-Man movies (that's actually what I ended up doing). And I actually really enjoyed his horror elements here. I just don't think his style necessarily fit the (terrible) writing of this movie all that well, and that's not really on him. I can say, after seeing this movie I would love a Spider-Man 4 from him.
Directors, depending on who they are, can have a lot of input on a script if they think it’s problematic. I would suspect someone like Sam would have more than most. Again, we just don’t know. I generally don’t make those sorts of assumptions, unless there’s an actor that I know is really good and s/he’s clearly confined by the Director or script; In general, it’s probably the script

Apologies if that is how you interpreted it, but that was not my criticism. Of course DS3 is happening. But when and what type of story it'll be about is up in the air at this point. To feel as though it's 'guaranteed' that she'll be in the next movie, much less have a large role is a massive assumption. You can disagree with my complaints, that's entirely fair, however, many of those complaints are shared by others after watching this movie. It's okay for the MCU to have some misses here and there, they'll bounce back. I have no doubt that Phase 4 as a whole is going to be epic.
I could be wrong, but with an actress of that caliber, I don’t think you just dump her in a short little scene and then ignore her. I would bet big money that she’s going to be a major player in the next Doctor Strange movie. I also bet that that credit scene plays right into the next movie. It’s not guaranteed, but nothing else makes any sense

I mean it's not guaranteed she plays a big part in Dr Strange 3. But that's because we're talking about the MCU, so she and Dr. Strange may wind up together in some other movie and/or on Disney+ instead. The idea that they cast a major A list actor for a character reveal in a post credits scene (that doesn't even tell the audience who she is or why she matters) with no intention of actually using her again is obviously nonsensical.

I mean it's not guaranteed she plays a big part in Dr Strange 3. But that's because we're talking about the MCU, so she and Dr. Strange may wind up together in some other movie and/or on Disney+ instead. The idea that they cast a major A list actor for a character reveal in a post credits scene (that doesn't even tell the audience who she is or why she matters) with no intention of actually using her again is obviously nonsensical.

I think she sort of HAS to play a big part in DS3 or, at the very least, a big part before DS3 with him in it. They have to explain his situation and think we'll see a DS3 sooner rather than later.

I think she sort of HAS to play a big part in DS3 or, at the very least, a big part before DS3 with him in it. They have to explain his situation and think we'll see a DS3 sooner rather than later.

Well that's what I mean, it's either one or the other (or maybe even both). The idea of neither one happening, ie of her just not appearing again or only appearing in a throwaway role really makes no sense whatsoever.

As for how soon, well, if all this speculation about Secret Wars/a multiversal war is accurate I could certainly see the Dark Dimension playing some kind of role in that. And obviously Strange himself has to be there. Clea is probably optional, but would certainly be a strong and attention-catching addition.

But I also wouldn't be shocked to hear that DS3 is still many years in the future and they're just going to say that Strange got to know Clea offscreen and then show them having some later adventure together in the third film when the time comes.

So, honest serious question guys, we're 5 movies in to phase 4 and I think its safe to say phase 4 so far has been an excercise in experimentation for Marvel. Putting aside your own feelings for MoM and other phase 4 movies, what do you think Feige is thinking? Does this embolden Feige to KEEP experimenting going forward or does he start double downing on limiting the creative control of directors for future films?

So, honest serious question guys, we're 5 movies in to phase 4 and I think its safe to say phase 4 so far has been an excercise in experimentation for Marvel. Putting aside your own feelings for MoM and other phase 4 movies, what do you think Feige is thinking? Does this embolden Feige to KEEP experimenting going forward or does he start double downing on limiting the creative control of directors for future films?
I don't think it's an "experiment". I think he's slowly building towards Secret Wars.

Everything featured thus far in Phase 4 will play some kind of role in Secret Wars a few years from now.

I think Phase 4 is very much laying a new foundation for the MCU. You can call it experimentation, I just see it as sort of a new Phase for the ongoing story we are now in. I think collectively, Phase 4 has had better movies than Phase 2 OVERALL. Yes, I know it had TWS and GotG....but it also had IM3 and TDW. I would take Phase 4's lineup to date over that.

There is always some limit to "creative control" and I think every director recognizes this. It seems like every time someone doesn't like or love a movie, the excuse is "oh, the director was stymied by the studio or it would have been better". How in the hell can someone know that if they aren't neck high in the production of the movie? If they keep "experimenting" and the future episodes don't fit together, I can hear the outrage from 2 years in the past. Way too many assumptions going on here IMO.

I don't think it's an "experiment". I think he's slowly building towards Secret Wars.

Everything featured thus far in Phase 4 will play some kind of role in Secret Wars a few years from now.

I've always guessed that, but if there are discrepancies and the lead ups don't fit, people will be whining. You can't please all of the people all the time. For all we know Arishem will be the big villain when he returns and that rather than being an experiment, the Eternals was a prime ingredient going forward.

I highly doubt they'd introduce her in the post credits only to do nothing with her.

R.5c9de9f164d4ff0334c928adb826532d

I don't think Mac Gargan has even been mentioned of since. It is like they completely forgot about him lol.

I don't think Mac Gargan has even been mentioned of since. It is like they completely forgot about him lol.

Given the post-credits scene in NWH, I'm expecting that they'll have him become Venom in a later Spider-Man sequel instead of introducing a 616 variant of Eddie Brock.

Like.... I was anticipating Scorpion to appear in the big screen in full glory. In costume and ready to sting the spider.

its been 5 years.

The Scorpion issue is also not at all comparable to Clea. First of all, Scorpion isn't anywhere near as important to Spider-man as Clea is to Dr. Strange. And secondly, we already know Sony insisted on grabbing Keaton for Morbius so for all we know, they claimed Mac Gargan for the Sinister Six as well.

Yeah, a Dark Dimension-centered story is perfect for a story about Strange combatting the influence of the Darkhold. Which bears the question - If Dormmamu presumably has a larger role and corporeal form, do they keep Cumberbatch in the role or get someone new?

random thought recurred to me, our Strange {616} didn't seem to even believe the Book of Vishanti was real (suggesting it to a myth or something) so I'm guessing using the book against Thanos {the way 818 Strange did} wasn't part of his 14,000,605 versions

which would imply their were other ways then just "the one" way

random thought recurred to me, our Strange {616} didn't seem to even believe the Book of Vishanti was real (suggesting it to a myth or something) so I'm guessing using the book against Thanos {the way 818 Strange did} wasn't part of his 14,000,605 versions

which would imply their were other ways then just "the one" way

Well it was 14,000,605 possibilities from that specific point in time. Had Strange looked in the future earlier or later from that moment, he would have probably seen different possibilities. And given how different the 838 world is, that universe diverged long before Infinity War occured. If the multiverse is infinite, then there's definitely a lot of universes where Thanos is defeated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"