Iron Fist Iron fist Costume thread

Unfortunately, we're never getting our Iron Fist costume. *Sigh* Oh well.

Unfortunately, we're never getting our Iron Fist costume. *Sigh* Oh well.

I will hold out hope it shows up in another series. They HAVE to give us some sort of epilogue at the least. :argh:

Before Season One: 'I wonder what the costume will look like?'
Before the Defenders: 'OK, we didn't get one in Season One but that was because of Buck. He's gone now so we'll get one this time. I mean, he's now with DD, and he has a costume - of course Danny will get one! I wonder what it will look like?'
Before Season Two: 'OK, we didn't get one in the Defenders but for sure this time. Finally. Just what will it look like?'
After season Two: 'OK, we didn't get one but, wow, the way that ended, its a cinch we're getting one in Season 3 - I wonder what it will look like?'
Iron Fist gets cancelled: 'Oh well, he'll most likely get one in another show then - I wonder what it will look like?'

Before the Defenders: 'OK, we didn't get one in Season One but that was because of Buck. He's gone now so we'll get one this time. I mean, he's now with DD, and he has a costume - of course Danny will get one! I wonder what it will look like?'
Before Season Two: 'OK, we didn't get one in the Defenders but for sure this time. Finally. Just what will it look like?'
After season Two: 'OK, we didn't get one but, wow, the way that ended, its a cinch we're getting one in Season 3 - I wonder what it will look like?'
Iron Fist gets cancelled: 'Oh well, he'll most likely get one in another show then - I wonder what it will look like?'

These are always the rationalisations people make, when it's clear he's never getting one. If they couldn't find the opportunity to give him one in 2 whole seasons and a Defenders series, then it will never be so. Why would they need so much time to have to build up to it? This has been a ridiculous series!

I never expected one for Defenders because I figured it would be introduced in his own show. Season Two just had momentum for it with even Finn Jones seeming to be in favor of a costume. In fairness, they're getting glacially closer to a costume. At sure at the rate they were going, it would be introduced by Season 20.

So who wants to come in and tell us that they couldn't care less about a costume now (after saying that we will probably get one soon)?

Perhaps they'll say that all they care about is good acting, good writing, good storytelling, good martial arts, good production values.... all of which Iron Fist had none of them. :o

Eh, it won't be me. I said I understood not having a costume in season one with two potential places for him to get it instead. Season Two felt like more of an opportunity, including the most obvious choice of starting him with the costume. But I appreciated that we got closer to one and was very worried that they would listen to the people who thought the mask we did see looked stupid. Seriously, I saw far more people who said "this is why we shouldn't get a costume" than those who wanted one. I was also very apprehensive that they might listen to the people who posted fan art of Danny Rand in essentially tactical gear rather than anything remotely similar to the spirit of his original look.

Eh, it won't be me. I said I understood not having a costume in season one with two potential places for him to get it instead. Season Two felt like more of an opportunity, including the most obvious choice of starting him with the costume. But I appreciated that we got closer to one and was very worried that they would listen to the people who thought the mask we did see looked stupid. Seriously, I saw far more people who said "this is why we shouldn't get a costume" than those who wanted one. I was also very apprehensive that they might listen to the people who posted fan art of Danny Rand in essentially tactical gear rather than anything remotely similar to the spirit of his original look.

People are still obviously needing to feel that Danny earned his costume. And after 2 seasons and a cancellation, we're still waiting for him to do that. Maybe even at season 20 it won't feel earned. :o

Kind of sucks this got canceled. I felt after two ok seasons that it still had serious potential despite what I think was a bad ending to season 2. Luke Cage showed what a great Danny Rand character Finn Jones could be but IF season 2 again sidelined him and made him overly self-pitying and regressed his character more. Maybe Luke Cage is the best area to keep Iron Fist and have a short show of Heroes for Hire

People are still obviously needing to feel that Danny earned his costume. And after 2 seasons and a cancellation, we're still waiting for him to do that. Maybe even at season 20 it won't feel earned. :o
I don't think the costume needs to be earned, but it has to fit with the story as we're given it. That's not to say we should be given a story where the costume is an awkward fit, but I don't want it shoehorned in either.

I do think in season 2, he should have had one since he was a vigilante going out at night. But of all the issues I can say I had with season 2, that is a very minor one.

There are plenty of reasons Danny should have a costume.

For 1, he's a majority stockholder in a giant international mega-corporation. It would be bad news if people knew he was going out at night and playing superhero.

2, say the costume is the ceremonial garb of the Iron Fist.

3. After seeing the likes of Daredevil, Cap, Spider-Man etc., Danny sees the power of symbolism and iconography. He has to be more than just Danny Rand. He has to be a "legend" to fight criminals.

4. Just say the garb has some special chi-like properties or some nonsense. Keep in mind they dedicated entire episodes to McGuffins in season 2. They needed that BOWL because that bowl has special mystical properties. They needed some ancient ****ing bowl for a ritual. So a tunic and a mask can't have the same thing?

Why have Marvel Universe Live managed to put Iron Fist into a costume, but they could never do so in this series?

Marvel Universe LIVE! | Book tickets direct with Disney UK - Disney UK

Here in this Disney event, Iron Fist is in full gear alongside all the other Marvel heroes. Now of course, it might not be quite movie level, but it still looks pretty good. Most of the costumes are based on the Marvel movies.

I think a simple answer is that it's not a Marvel-Netflix show.

I like the Kung Fu take there. I tend to think the best costumes expose the brand on his chest, but it's a good look.

Why have Marvel Universe Live managed to put Iron Fist into a costume, but they could never do so in this series?

Marvel Universe LIVE! | Book tickets direct with Disney UK - Disney UK

Here in this Disney event, Iron Fist is in full gear alongside all the other Marvel heroes. Now of course, it might not be quite movie level, but it still looks pretty good. Most of the costumes are based on the Marvel movies.

I mean no offense to that show and people who like them, but Marvel Universe Live is a live stunt show produced pretty much solely for kids and pre-teens. And yeah they are all geared up and in full costumes, but it's a more juvenvile themed product like the cartoons, so it's OK to get the costumes and such.

I don't like the double standard, but such is life. I want costumes too.

I'm not sure if they could make that take look good onscreen, but I would at least like an attempt.

:csad:

Sad but true.

I have no doubt that if iron fist was movie instead a Netflix show he would absolutely have a costume. Too many toys to be sold not too.
It sounds like a pretty boring Iron Fist movie if he doesn't even get a costume in that!

It sounds like a pretty boring Iron Fist movie if he doesn't even get a costume in that!

They could make it a movie full of board meetings while Danny Rand earns the right to wear his costume, a prototype of which only appears in the last 15 minutes of the film, and it's merely a green hoodie. People can say that he'll get his costume in the sequel. :o

Don't know how true this is, but it doesn't really matter...

Don't know how true this is, but it doesn't really matter...

It seems more like a tactic. Hey, this is what we would've gotten if the show continued but now we're not. And then if it did somehow continue we'd find that they decided not to go in that direction.

I bet if it were cancelled after season 1 they'd say we'd get the full costume in season 2 and even tease the mask, but then it would turn out it was only in that flashback as we actually saw.

They could make it a movie full of board meetings while Danny Rand earns the right to wear his costume, a prototype of which only appears in the last 15 minutes of the film, and it's merely a green hoodie. People can say that he'll get his costume in the sequel. :o
Or his suit turns out to be an actual suit (as in suit and tie) as he fulfils his destiny of chairing Rand board meetings.

Or his suit turns out to be an actual suit (as in suit and tie) as he fulfils his destiny of chairing Rand board meetings.

And chairing it with an iron fist. That's the only reason it's called Iron Fist. It's all metaphorical, not an actual fist. :o

I stumbled upon this, not sure if this has been posted. Would this have worked as a "costume"?

5be462a727901.image.jpg

marvel-on-stage-2-640x640.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"