• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Iron Fist Iron Fist SEASON TWO Discussion Thread (NO SPOILER TAGS NECESSARY!)

Thanks for the clarification.

Personally, I have no problem with both Danny and Colleen serving as the co-leads for the show. Unlike certain CW shows that try to force feed a character into the throats of every audience member by having people constantly talking about how awesome that character is, Colleen has proven on her own with her actions that she is worth it.

I just don't want to see Danny regulated towards being a sidekick.

I haven't had a chance to see the second season yet but does Danny remain powerless without his iron fist abilities for the remainder of the entire season after Davos gets his powers?
read our posts above we pretty much described the final scene which does show danny getting his powers back.

read our posts above we pretty much described the final scene which does show danny getting his powers back.

Got it, thanks.

Just outbid curiosity, is Colleen officially acknowledged as the next iron fist and does she only receive the powers in the last episode or before that?

Colleen is the new Iron Fist. And Danny is...

Eh whatever. Not sure where they go from this. Not sure how his powers work and if it's the guns or if he unlocked new Iron Fist powers. Definitely seems like Danny basically is the sidekick now.

Colleen is the new Iron Fist. And Danny is...

Eh whatever. Not sure where they go from this. Not sure how his powers work and if it's the guns or if he unlocked new Iron Fist powers. Definitely seems like Danny basically is the sidekick now.

Yikes. Now I'm wondering if I should even bother watching this season since if Danny feels like a sidekick now then isn't that pretty much assassinating his character?

Yikes. Now I'm wondering if I should even bother watching this season since if Danny feels like a sidekick now then isn't that pretty much assassinating his character?
I suggest you actually watch the show. Not sure why anyone has to be the "sidekick" its a damn good season.

I suggest you actually watch the show. Not sure why anyone has to be the "sidekick" its a damn good season.

Well watching the show means that I will have to commit to 10+ hours of my life so if this season is ultimately going to end up making the titled protagonist look like a sidekick in his own show (for the record, I don't see Colleen as his sidekick but as his partner) then I'd rather skip it.

I mean, it isn't like they're building up these shows to head into another Defenders crossover so I don't have to worry about keeping up with everyone else's solo stories this time around.

I wanted more Mary. We saw glimpses of the character I wanted, and especially in the final episode or two but I want to know about Bloody Mary.

Also, what was with the Iron Guns?

It's not a Netflix Marvel show without Turk Barrett!

A much more improved season. Loved Mary! The shorter season definitely. But. . . yeah I don't know where it goes from here. At least Orson Randall is alive!

Thanks for the clarification.

Personally, I have no problem with both Danny and Colleen serving as the co-leads for the show. Unlike certain CW shows that try to force feed a character into the throats of every audience member by having people constantly talking about how awesome that character is, Colleen has proven on her own with her actions that she is worth it.

I just don't want to see Danny regulated towards being a sidekick.

I haven't had a chance to see the second season yet but does Danny remain powerless without his iron fist abilities for the remainder of the entire season after Davos gets his powers?

Yeah, part of me wonders if they're trying to set seeds for a "Daughters of the Dragon" spinoff, because Colleen seemed to have more fight scenes than Danny did.

I asked in this in the general thread but I will also ask this here. Is Season 2 worth watching if you are a fan of Danny's character as the Iron Fist? Or should we not bother investing time in it?

Personally, I'm kind of worried now about Danny's future on this show with Colleen having taken on his role

Seems simple enough to me, Danny found another Iron Fist or a dragon or someone teaching him stuff and comes back with Randalls ways... Ward tells the gangster that something went down in Jakarta and the gangster tells him stuff was missing there... so, or the outfit belonged to Randall and the guns have somehow the fists power or they had the ritual done to Danny with what was in that missing stuff in Jakarta. This will be explained in S3 ofcourse.

I dont feel that Colleen will be the main Iron Fist in S3, I think she is holding the fort untill Danny returns and she will start her own adventures with Misty in a new spin off series maybe.

They should probably rename the show if Danny is no longer the Iron Fist

The show still has a lot of flaws but it was certainly better than Season 1. Jessica Henwick was still great as usual. I used to think that Jessica Stroup and Finn Jones were wooden and Tom Pelphrey was hammy but this time around they all did a great job and really improved for this season. Simone Missick and Alice Eve also fit in really well with the cast and if more seasons happen then I hope that we see Simone in Luke Cage Season 3 and Alice in Daredevil Season 4. The first three episodes dragged, there weren't enough fight scenes, the scripts still didn't play towards Finn's strengths as an actor, it's still a bit too grounded and Danny still lacks a costume but Iron Fist was a lot of fun. It's about on par with Punisher and AOS for me but not up to where Daredevil, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage are.

Based on what's been set up over the first two seasons, it looks like Zhou Cheng may return, Orson Randall is about to be tracked down to give Danny his costume, train Danny and Colleen and then be killed by Davos, Colleen will meet her estranged father, Davos will join The Hand and become the Steel Serpent and since Colleen now has powers, she needs a villain so Riccadonna may debut. Basically all the plots from the comics which I want to see adapted now have the proper setup and hints that that's the direction they're headed in. I really hope this show gets renewed since audiences should give it a second chance.

Last edited:
Gonna be interesting to see if theres any fall out with the gangs now knowing the Iron Fist can be transferred person to person. First Danny followed by Davos & now Colleen. All it will take is money for the next wrong person to get the Iron Fist down the line once that is common knowledge (it should be already)

I give the season a C+
-Better fights
-Finn Jones is massively better this time. He's way more comfortable in the role.
-I have no clue what they were doing with Typhoid Mary. At times it was intriguing, others confusing.
-Ward is still the best, most interesting character in the show. I could legit watch a show just about him.
-Davos was a good villain.
-It's incredibly slow...too slow imo
-The ending is intriguing and confusing which I guess is the point to get people coming back.
-Misty and Colleen are great together but the duo kinda take over the show to a fault.
-There is a great show in there that's just screaming to get out. Some good, some not so good.
-So I have...thoughts about Colleen as the Iron Fist. In general, I don't have a problem with the concept a female Iron Fist BUT I don't really feel like we got enough time with Danny as an Iron Fist that we actually like for them to turn the mantle over to someone else. I get it from a story POV, but my own visceral opinion is "I watch this show to see Danny Rand kick @$$ as Iron Fist" and half this season he spent powerless and injured while Misty and Colleen did ALL the work. Also, all the shifting of the power, IMO, kinda cheapens it, especially considering that didn't do that great a job establishing its importance in the first season. I love Colleen, but I don't want to see "Colleen Wing: Iron Fist", I want to see "Colleen Wing and Misty Knight: Daughters of the Dragon" in their own show.

I wanted more Mary. We saw glimpses of the character I wanted, and especially in the final episode or two but I want to know about Bloody Mary.

Also, what was with the Iron Guns?
Its orson randall's guns. Danny stole it in jarkarta.

Btw i really like season 2 god damn its the best season 2 for the netflix marvel shows.

So proud of colleen. She's a total bamf. The actresses is my fellow countryman too. That rocks.

Very clunky season, Colleen is my fav character in the show, but her getting the Fist seemed incredibly forced and out of place. The whole season was a build up to the Danny/Davos conflict, and we didn't get the proper payoff between them. Also the pseudo breakup of Danny/Colleen for "training purposes" was just unnecessary and again forced. It seems they changed the whole direction of the show halfway through the season without planning for it. Can't believe I'm saying this after S1, but the Meachem siblings were the best part of the season. I was very excited about where Danny was going after his guest appearance on Luke Cage, but unfortunately they didn't make much of that momentum. Not sure how I feel about a potential season 3.

6/10

I wonder if Ward is gonna come back knowing Kung Fu ? Hes gonna have to learn to defend himself while being in those Countries

Ugh. I just don’t know about this show. This season was ok, but it was doomed from the start.

IMO, the only way they can justify giving Colleen the mantle of Iron Fist is because they knew they should’ve made Danny Rand an Asian-American from jump street. It’s like they punished the character halfway through the season and stripped him of his powers because of that, and then gifting Colleen with them.

Unless they can reboot this show and start from scratch (which I know isn’t happening) then that fatal flaw of making Danny a white boy Bruce Lee is going to continue to hinder this whole production.

But the season was cool for what it was. Hope we get to see a Daughters of the Dragon spinoff. And once the Disney-Fox purchase finalizes they can address Mary being a mutant.

People still whining about Netflix following the source material I see

Y'know, if you took part of season 1 and part of season 2 and put them together, you'd have an awesome Iron Fist season one.

Was not expecting that at all. Huge improvement from the first season (which I didn’t hate but had all sorts of problems). The best decision, I think, was trimming it to just 10 episodes. That kept it moving along at a brisk pace, without the filler eps that are common everywhere else.

Finn was light years better this time around and the massively improved fight choreography sold me on him as an actual person who knows martial arts, which was a big problem in season one. Joi and Ward were heartbreaking. Mary/Walker was an unnerving addition to the cast. Misty is always welcome, though I’m still not a big fan of the robot arm design.

Davos was a solid villain, though again he was trope the movies have run into the ground for me: the bad guy who has the same powers as the good guy but evil. I mean, it’s better than the Hand, but...I’m just tired of it. Still, it gave the writers the ability to feed us backstory and that was really helpful in fleshing Danny out.

And that “teaser” at the end! Holy crap yes I want to see that show! Overall very solid 8/10, will watch again.

I thought this was a much better show. I enjoyed pretty much every episode. I'm not sure if I would have gone with Colleen getting the Iron Fist, but season three is intriguing. Hopefully, they'll greenlight it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"