• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Iron Fist iron fist the soundtrack

3dman27

super-hero wannabe
Reaction score
what do you think the musical score should be like?

Last edited:
That's a tricky one. They could make it easy and go for orchestral but I wouldn't mind something a little more asiany

I was thinking hip hop.

I wouldn't mind a remo Williams style theme

The RZA should work on all of the shows.

I loathe the wu tang clan so I'm glad you're joking lol.

I could even handle k pop more than the wu tang clan

I just hope they don't use the rza again because that's become it's own cliche

I loathe the wu tang clan so I'm glad you're joking lol.

I could even handle k pop more than the wu tang clan

wasn't joking :woot:

honestly a little old school funk/hip-hop & far east asia would be a great blend

the rza already has soundtrack experience doing this, kill bill (1) is great, tarantino obviously knows how to set a movie's mood with music

basically what would be ideal would be something like that or black dynamite, but with a little more "seriousness" to it

i'd say something similar to dragon the bruce lee story sountrack

lol, I don't get the hate for Wu Tang here. RZA would be perfect to do the soundtrack.

I don't really hate them but I think the rza has been used a lot for movies with an eastern influence. So much so that it's become a cliche.

Well that, and actually now I think about it I really am not so fond of them

I want a cross between these two:
Especially the 1:20 mark on the first one.
[YT]X1xnsAG_qcs[/YT]
[YT]oY3BroyoCys[/YT]

So with the other Netflix series, I'm expecting Daredevil to use a score that's more along the lines of dark ambient, possibly with some throwbacks to old 1950s noir films.

Luke Cage needs to be funk.

I never read Alias or The Pulse so I can't comment on Jessica Jones.

It's a bit of an out there choice but what about adam warrock? He's got some asian urban rap type music kind of like the wu tang clan but different enough that it wouldn't feel like every other movie that uses the wu tang clan music.

Plus he's a huge geek and often raps about comic books...

http://www.adamwarrock.com

[YT]UZdfApjpYoU[/YT]

Something like this from the Matrix might fit in well.

I can see the appeal. It's kind of eastern music meeting an action movie, John woo esque soundtrack. Very apt for iron fist

Kung fu panda 2 also had a fantastic soundtrack that I would love to see for iron fist...

[YT]Rq3EKVxYtpk[/YT]

That's the problem with tv though. Vastly smaller budgets when it comes to music.

Oh well, I'm sure they can still get really great music

So with the other Netflix series, I'm expecting Daredevil to use a score that's more along the lines of dark ambient, possibly with some throwbacks to old 1950s noir films.

Luke Cage needs to be funk.

I never read Alias or The Pulse so I can't comment on Jessica Jones.

If where talking genre's I would expect a modern day Luke Cage would be rocking to hip hop. Maybe some old school Rakim, EPMD etc. I could imagine some funk, soul, jazz, James Brown sprinkled into his play list too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"