Civil War Is Captain America: Civil War Too Crowded?

All you ever do now is whine and complain in the Civil War forum. We get it already; you didn't like the film that much. Maybe it's time for you to move on already.

Actually I like the film, I just didn't love it like I did CATWS. I was expecting a movie that recaptured the tension of that movie and it wasn't at that level.

And I think it's perfectly reasonable to point out why this movie didn't hit the same mark.

As it turned out, it was, yes. Each characters essentially only has time for one emotion to be developed, so instead of being fully-formed individuals, they end up being one-dimensional. Cap is righteous. Iron Man is guilt ridden. Black Widow is ambivalent. Falcon is loyal. Black Panther is vengeance. Spidey is nervous. I could go on.

Marvel needs to stop putting these characters in these huge ensembles and get back to telling well-rounded character dramas (like Iron Man and Incredible Hulk). They don't need to have an arc, they don't need to grow and change, but we need to spend more time with them so we care about them as people and not plot devices.

I think it was overcrowded but not necessarily the way I thought it would be. For the most part i think they handled it well.

Really would've liked to see more character beats, moments, and motivations from a few people in the movie

I think it was overcrowded but not necessarily the way I thought it would be. For the most part i think they handled it well.

Really would've liked to see more character beats, moments, and motivations from a few people in the movie

For the amount of people they had it was certainly handled well (unlike any of the later X-Men films). I just question the idea in the first place. It's workable on TV when you have multiple hours to hash everything out. A 2 hour blockbuster only gives you so much time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"