It's a Bird! It's a Plane! David Corenswet IS Superman!

A good director can make any actor work. Not that I care for Sandler in Uncut Gems but a lot of people think he can act, Arnold Schwarzenegger obviously has charisma but people wouldn't say he is a great actor but James Cameron knew how to use him in T1-T2.
Yes, but could James Cameron make Arnie work as The Joker?

Clark and Lois are sitting at a bar when it's announced they are going to be playing a Superman lookalike competition. Clark immediately hangs his head low as people go to the stage, he is then dragged onto the stage by a drunken stranger.

Next to him are men that all look different except they are just your obvious hunky muscular men, some have no hair, some are really jacked, some look more like Bautista than Superman... Anyway some hunky fireman wins and Clark goes unrecognised.

While a playful moment, we see that people moreso have an idea as to what Superman should look like rather than actually knowing exactly how he looks.
Ha, could be an interesting scene.

Yes, but could James Cameron make Arnie work as The Joker?

No, but I’m sure he would argue that he could and then legions of nerds would come out of the woodwork to fansplain why it would be better than any current CBM. :o

Clark and Lois are sitting at a bar when it's announced they are going to be playing a Superman lookalike competition. Clark immediately hangs his head low as people go to the stage, he is then dragged onto the stage by a drunken stranger.

Next to him are men that all look different except they are just your obvious hunky muscular men, some have no hair, some are really jacked, some look more like Bautista than Superman... Anyway some hunky fireman wins and Clark goes unrecognised.

While a playful moment, we see that people moreso have an idea as to what Superman should look like rather than actually knowing exactly how he looks.

Luuuuuv this.

No, but I’m sure he would argue that he could and then legions of nerds would come out of the woodwork to fansplain why it would be better than any current CBM. :o

“Fansplain.” :funny: I love that!

If SHH ever goes down or undergoes rebranding or anything... that's gotta be the new name. It's literally all we do.

I'm sure it was a joke but No I don't think he could but he knows how to use Arnie to his best abilities.

“Fansplain.” :funny: I love that!

I’m sure someone else thought of that term before but it just popped into my head as I was thinking about toxicity and arrogance in the CBM fan community and I was like…

7-D9993-ED-8-EEE-4-E37-9322-E1-D8-C53547-C7.gif

With a new young actor set to get the role, who do you guys want to take it?

Im excited to see a new version of Superman in Live Action i hope the new version is a more a modern version of Christopher Reeve Superman i want to see a more cheerful Superman this time

Throw some muscle on Adam DiMarco and let’s roll.

58b265a5b32eca44e4c8dbce78880ad7e47a00e7.jpg

It has to be an unknown.

Someone who has just enough talent and credentials to pull it off but has zero recognition and will bring no baggage to the role.

Christopher Reeve and Hugh Jackman are the best examples of such casting. Do an extensive search and look everywhere.

Would assume who ever is cast will need to sign on for at least 3 movies, as WB wouldn't want a hit and then have to deal with having to sign the actor up for sequels, so I do wonder if that will play a part in casting, as some may not want to be tied down.

Time for Tom Welling to finally don the cape on the big screen, fellas. With James Gunn & Michael Rosenbaum being pretty good friends... it's only a matter of time.:oldrazz:

But for real, I hope its an unknown actor.

I hope the New Superman is more like Christopher Reeve version a Superman who Smile more i think Superman Earth One Comics are good to be adapted to the New Superman Movie i hope the new Lex Luthor is Bald and is a more imposing Villain

Last edited:
Could we define "unknown", some credits, no credits, from Broadway/stage, tv, cable, Netflix.

A complete unknown could be dangerous, no credits, not sure what we get

Could we define "unknown", some credits, no credits, from Broadway/stage, tv, cable, Netflix.

A complete unknown could be dangerous, no credits, not sure what we get
Well obviously not someone they picked up right off the street.

But an unknown in the model of Jackman pre-X-Men works for me.

Would assume who ever is cast will need to sign on for at least 3 movies, as WB wouldn't want a hit and then have to deal with having to sign the actor up for sequels, so I do wonder if that will play a part in casting, as some may not want to be tied down.

Three? I'd say 6 or 9! They want them for a long time and they want them cheap.

Right now, here are some names that I like…

David Corenswet
Austin Butler
Adam DiMarco
Jacob Elordi
Glenn Powell (though I agree he’s a better fit for the Flash)
Darren Barnet (he would probably be a better fit for Nightwing but I could maybe see him as Supes)

I can't personally see Butler at all, he has a very narrow face that I just can't picture in the role.

Corenswet, Elordi, and maybe a really out of the box choice like Jared Keeso come to mind

I can't personally see Butler at all, he has a very narrow face that I just can't picture in the role.

Corenswet, Elordi, and maybe a really out of the box choice like Jared Keeso come to mind

Keeso is older than Cavill? Not happening.

I remember the pans that this guy David Corenswet was getting during Hollywood and The Politician. Next, with Cavill it was enough.

Fortunately fanboys are always wrong with fan castings, especially when it comes to Gunn (Will Poulter hi).

Nicholas Hoult would be ok, but what I really want is a black superman pls :wowe:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"