• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Our "Space Princess": David Corenswet IS Clark Kent/Superman!

I don't know, man. I said "unequivocally as a different color" and these are all just black again, which just brings us back to black being a substitute for a different color. I'm talking about actually, unambiguously brown or green. Bruce Timm is just dots for eyes again.
Ok man, see what you want to see. Believe what you want to believe. I'm done with this ridiculous discussion.

Are there rumors of Brittney having been cast? I mentioned his name because I am a fan of the British TV show, Grantchester, and always thought he had an interesting look and some talent.

Not my first choice, but, well...............

Are there rumors of Brittney having been cast? I mentioned his name because I am a fan of the British TV show, Grantchester, and always thought he had an interesting look and some talent.

He's screentesting this weekend.

No. He's just screentesting along Corenswet and Hoult.

No. He's just screentesting along Corenswet and Hoult.
giphy.gif

Imagine if Gunn's choice ends up being someone that wasn't even on our radar from the start.

I'm afraid to find out what this means. :funny:

Oh, it's nothing that portentous. lol He tried out for a small part in The Deuce (brilliant brilliant show btw, criminally underrated) but basically forgot his lines. Interestingly enough, though, the casting directors were gracious enough to let him do a few retakes, whereby he made some improvements and even garnered a callback. But they ultimately passed on him. It happens to most actors at one time or another.

I hope there are more people in the mix but from the three names so far, it has to be Corenswet. I am coming around on him as Clark. He definitely has the look and the charm. The only thing that worries me is his acting ability, based on what little I have seen of him (Hollywood).

Rachel for Lois though, no matter what, please. She is terrific and I feel like she would nail the role. The audition reports seem to point that way as well.

Last edited:
Oh, it's nothing that portentous. lol He tried out for a small part in The Deuce (brilliant brilliant show btw, criminally underrated) but basically forgot his lines. Interestingly enough, though, the casting directors were gracious enough to let him do a few retakes, whereby he made some improvements and even garnered a callback. But they ultimately passed on him. It happens to most actors at one time or another.

Awww, poor guy. Having bombed a few auditions in my time, I have some idea how that must have felt but good on him for not giving up.

Reminds me of that story of how Bradley Cooper tried out for Green Lantern and accidentally did his lines in Christian Bale’s Batman voice. In retrospect though, he’s probably glad that happened. :funny:

Reminds me of that story of how Bradley Cooper tried out for Green Lantern and accidentally did his lines in Christian Bale’s Batman voice. In retrospect though, he’s probably glad that happened. :funny:

Hadn’t heard that one before—I know he was Campbell’s first/only choice, but the studio was set on Reynolds (they may have even cast him behind Campbell’s back).

Hadn’t heard that one before—I know he was Campbell’s first/only choice, but the studio was set on Reynolds (they may have even cast him behind Campbell’s back).

Yeah, I recently heard that. If true then it’s no wonder the production was a disaster.

Berlanti’s Flash script was floating around at the same time—most of the beats were used in the pilot & throughout season 1 of the CW show. Reynolds, and Blake Lively too, would have been perfect for Barry Allen & Iris West in that script.

It's possible and it wouldn't surprise me.
But doubtful..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"