• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

The Amazing Spider-Man Just Imagine Joss Whedon's Spider-Man

Yeah those were good, but there wasn't enough of the witty Spider-Man which in the end is what everyone wanted

Andrew did his best with the delivery, but I felt that the Spidey jokes in the script just weren't that funny. To be precise, he was written like a bully jock that thinks he is funny but isn't too imaginative with his jokes and just comes off as an a**hole. Kinda makes sense for the story of the movie, but it doesn't feel like genuine Spider-Man. Again, I only mean the writing, Andrew did a great job with what he was given

I disagree with you, but to each their own.

So one great movie and he is suddenly a messiah?

For me nothing can beat Raimi's SM1 and SM2
Who said he is a messiah? And be open minded about the new franchise. For all we know, TASM2 can blow SM2 out of the water.

I doubt so,blowing SM2 out the water is really difficult since it is among the top CBMs of all times

I understand prefering Raimi's over Webb's, but "nothing can beat Raimi's SM1&2"?

really?? not saying that you aren't entitled to your own opinion but REALLY???

Well I see SM1 and SM2 and I know I can ask nothing more from a Origin movie and a Sequel

I doubt so,blowing SM2 out the water is really difficult since it is among the top CBMs of all times

I said it could blow TASM2 out of the water. Difficult? Yes. But its not impossible, you know. And I'd be happy if TASM2 even just came close to SM2...

You know, I think about the thread title as a question more and more after TAS-M. I wonder how well a Whedon Spider-Man could actually be now and would have me enjoying a Spidey film in 2012(if it were to have come out in '12).

You know, I think about the thread title as a question more and more after TAS-M. I wonder how well a Whedon Spider-Man could actually be now and would have me enjoying a Spidey film in 2012(if it were to have come out in '12).

Whedon has a fair bit more experience than Webb when it comes to characters and storytelling. He wouldn't have put out a chopped up, watered down, made-by-commitee product like TASM.

Whedon has gone on record stating that he think SM and SM2 have yet to be surpassed in terms of comic book adaptations- and I tend to agree.

Also, if Whedon had directed, TASM would've actually been fun.

Last edited:
I have no interest in seeing a Whedon Spider-Man movie, mainly because I love what Webb is doing and prefer to see his vision.

Damn. You know, I never really thought about what a Whedon directed Spider-Man would be like until I saw this thread.

Would've been great...

-Clear, concise, effective story arc.
-Fantastic witty dialogue and character interaction.
-Consistent characters and complete character arcs.
-Consistent tone. True to the Spirit of Spider-Man rather than riding on the coattails of a certain dark knight.

Heck, I would've been happy with Joss even writing the movie.

You are all ingrates! You should be happy Webb even made a new Spidey movie! You call yourselves fans? You sit there having little respect or hope for a CBM you grew up with. Pfft fans...that's exactly what you aren't!

It's like having your grandmother bake a pie for you; everything the way you want it, icing in the middle, cream on top, apples at the bottom, baked for a specific amount of time. Then you try it, are a little dissatisfied, and say out loud with your grandmother right there, "I wonder how this would've been better if mom made it." That's just as wrong as this, you ingrates!

You are all ingrates! You should be happy Webb even made a new Spidey movie! You call yourselves fans? You sit there having little respect or hope for a CBM you grew up with. Pfft fans...that's exactly what you aren't!

A CBM we grew up with?

A CB character you mean.

And no one is bashing the CHARACTER or even saying anything wrong about the CHARACTER.

It's the movie that people wish was different and that's not wrong. That's what being a fan is about when you don't like the film that the beloved character is in, wishing for the character was in use in a better CBM.

Some fan you are if you would be fine with any ol' Spider-Man film.

Im not. Spidey 3 is a disappointment, and I'm not a fan of the Raimi films. I'm just tired of people criticizing Webb's movie just because it isn't perfect like Raimi's films. I'm very content with Webb's, the fact that I have given him a chance with my favorite CB, shows how much of a fan I am. Anyone who tries to direct a Spidey film I will give a chance, because I love Spidey a lot and I wouldn't be so quick to bag out on him.
So yeah, you're an ingrate for not giving Webb a chance and being ungrateful of his new Spidey. If you love Spidey, you'd give "any ol' movie" about him a chance.

I'm not just being a fan of any ol' Spidey movie, I'm being grateful of any Spidey movie, and I'm giving it chance you fool! So how about you stop criticizing it and so some effing fandom!

Last edited:
Im not. Spidey 3 is a disappointment, and I'm not a fan of the Raimi films. I'm just tired of people criticizing Webb's movie just because it isn't perfect like Raimi's films. I'm very content with Webb's, the fact that I have given him a chance with my favorite CB, shows how much of a fan I am. Anyone who tries to direct a Spidey film I will give a chance, because I love Spidey a lot and I wouldn't be so quick to bag out on him.
So yeah, you're an ingrate for not giving Webb a chance and being ungrateful of his new Spidey. If you love Spidey, you'd give "any ol' movie" about him a chance.

I'm not just being a fan of any ol' Spidey movie, I'm being grateful of any Spidey movie, and I'm giving it chance you fool! So how about you stop criticizing it and so some effing fandom!

A chance?

Maybe you live under a rock, but The Amazing Spider-Man has already been released for Blu-ray/DVD. What "chance" are you asking for?

Cool your jets too when you reply next time. Saying "ingrate", "jerk", "fool", et cetera really shows why kind of an ingrate you are.

Cool your jets too when you reply next time. Saying "ingrate", "jerk", "fool", et cetera really shows why kind of an ingrate you are.

Okay I admit I was getting unnecessarily heated, but what do you mean by it shows why kind of an ingrate I am. Do you even know what an ingrate is??

FYI, I own TASM so no I don't live under a rock, you jerk/fool/ingrate (did that one on purpose).

I don't think it's any secret that I thought Webb's film was great. In fact I think it was better than any of Raimi's films, and I say that as a fan of the first two Raimi films. BUT, my love for TASM isn't so blind that I don't think anyone else could do a good job. Right now I'm happy, and excited to see what Webb comes up with next, but I would still be really stoked if I heard Joss was going to take a crack at the old web-head.

Okay I admit I was getting unnecessarily heated, but what do you mean by it shows why kind of an ingrate I am. Do you even know what an ingrate is??

FYI, I own TASM so no I don't live under a rock, you jerk/fool/ingrate (did that one on purpose).

You're ungrateful(what ingrate means :cwink:) when it comes to not respecting anyone's opinions, only having the idea that someone needs to give a film a chance when the film is already out. You yourself said you didn't like the Raimi films, but I can't say I didn't like Webb's film and saying that I would have enjoyed a film directed by Whedon?

Of course. With Whedon, we would not be seeing Batman, I mean Spider-Man Begins.

With Webb, we didn't get Spider-Man Begins either. :oldrazz:

I love the movie, but calling people ingrates for not liking TASM is really immature. :doh:

I don't think it's any secret that I thought Webb's film was great. In fact I think it was better than any of Raimi's films, and I say that as a fan of the first two Raimi films. BUT, my love for TASM isn't so blind that I don't think anyone else could do a good job. Right now I'm happy, and excited to see what Webb comes up with next, but I would still be really stoked if I heard Joss was going to take a crack at the old web-head.

:up:

I love the movie, but calling people ingrates for not liking TASM is really immature. :doh:

:up:

No it isn't. You obviously didn't read my reasons as to why they're ingrates. You make it sound like I'm directly calling them ingrates because they don't like TASM. You're being immature

I am extremely happy with Webb's version. But yeah, a Whedon film would be incredibly fun!

Riiiiight...

No it isn't. You obviously didn't read my reasons as to why they're ingrates. You make it sound like I'm directly calling them ingrates because they don't like TASM. You're being immature

You are all ingrates! You should be happy Webb even made a new Spidey movie! You call yourselves fans?

You weren't calling me an ingrate because I didn't like Webb's film? Is that why you said I should be happy Webb made a film?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"