Justice League

Dark_Lord

Dark Lord of the Sith
Reaction score
But Variety has learned that WBIE is expected to reteam some of the characters in some form for the next installment in Rocksteady Studios' gritty videogame series that began with "Batman: Arkham Asylum" and "Arkham City."

New, highly stylized title is being developed as a prequel that revolves around Batman's first meeting with the Joker. It's based on the Silver Age of DC's comicbooks from the 1950s when the Caped Crusader teamed with other heroes like Superman and founded the Justice League of America.

More at Variety

EDIT: Maybe I should have named the thread Arkham Prequel. Kinda sounds like Lego Batman 2. Technically a Batman game, but with other DC heroes.

Last edited:
Wow, sounds like.... both great news, and a safe move, by using the Joker again.

holy **** **** mother****er *** dump **** **** **** **** holy mother****er

See I told you guys these designs are for a Justice League game.

jlbatman11.jpg

jlaquaman11.jpg

jlsuperman11.jpg

jlwonaderwoman11.jpg

jlgreenlantern11.jpg

http://www.comicsbeat.com/2012/06/26/nice-art-mystery-justie-league-concept-art/

Thank god they're going for a story of their own, granted it's inspired by Silver Age, but better this than Geoff John's JL: Origins!

Geoff's run on JL is great IMO, but theres no way you can make a sandbox video game outta that. There isn't enough materials.

Hmmm... It's an Arkham prequel, with Joker and no Hamill? Either way sounds good, hope Paul Dini can write the story.

Geoff's run on JL is great IMO, but theres no way you can make a sandbox video game outta that. There isn't enough materials.

His origin's story is awful. You have Darkseid as this complete moron compared to how he was visioned by Jack Kirby. Villains have been the weak link on GL's run, with his 2nd arc's villain having the weakest of motivations out there, turning insane and blaming the heroes. Cliché after cliché with these villain motivations.

His origin's story is awful. You have Darkseid as this complete moron compared to how he was visioned by Jack Kirby. Villains have been the weak link on GL's run, with his 2nd arc's villain having the weakest of motivations out there, turning insane and blaming the heroes. Cliché after cliché with these villain motivations.

You may not like it, but hundreds of thousands do. So I guess its down to personal preference.

This sounds great, only thing is....I thought Mark Hamill was done voicing Joker? Are they gonna recast him or did they convince Hamill to stay??

You may not like it, but hundreds of thousands do. So I guess its down to personal preference.

Haha, allright show me these hundreds of thousands of opinions and reviews or whatever you can that show that people have enjoyed Geoff John's David Graves and Darkseid.

Haha, allright show me these hundreds of thousands of opinions and reviews or whatever you can that show that people have enjoyed Geoff John's David Graves and Darkseid.

Just going by the people who bought it. I mean, why buy it if you hate it right? The ongoings and trade are both hot commodity. So.... take whatever you want from this :word:

Your argument is flawed. I'm asking why you or anyone else would feel the villains are being written well in this book, and now you're saying the huge sales and receptions show that, are you saying the book isn't bought because of the way the Leaguers are written, or because of the artists it has or the fact it's the Justice League?

Again, tell us why you consider Darkseid or David Graves as fleshed out and well motivated villains, especially Darkseid who written by Jack Kirby or Morrison, would never rush an alien invasion and just go all Hulk smash.

If you don't know how to voice your opinion, it doesn't mean you throw the "oh but it sells so much!" argument, because then people simply go around circles talking about McDonalds food and Bayformers, and the internet seriously has grown over that.

If you don't know how to voice your opinion, it doesn't mean you throw the "oh but it sells so much!" argument, because then people simply go around circles talking about McDonalds food and Bayformers, and the internet seriously has grown over that.

Both McDonalds(their breakfast) and the Bayformers kick all kinds of ass.

Truth.

Your argument is flawed. I'm asking why you or anyone else would feel the villains are being written well in this book, and now you're saying the huge sales and receptions show that, are you saying the book isn't bought because of the way the Leaguers are written, or because of the artists it has or the fact it's the Justice League?

Again, tell us why you consider Darkseid or David Graves as fleshed out and well motivated villains, especially Darkseid who written by Jack Kirby or Morrison, would never rush an alien invasion and just go all Hulk smash.

You can disagree with the basis of quality does not equate to popularity, but I'm talking about the mass appeal this book has, there isnt a need to be snarky. One thing about books Johns has written is that he sets up things years ahead of what is going to happen. Darkseid may not be as fleshed out, but there is a great dynamics between the members. For once every single one of the league members have such a striking difference in their personalities.

One thing that JLA has failed in the past is that all the members are very similar to each other in their personality, yes they have differences, but in general, there seems to be a general tone between all of them with one or two left wings. But the members were never so differentiated like in Johns' run which brings flavour and adds personality to each member. On top of that the jury is not out on Graves yet. If one thing Johns could do is that he can capture the voices of the villains very well. Case in point: Sinestro, Black Manta, Toyman, Captain Cold and etc. Yes Darkseid isn't as fleshed out as some of the other villains he has written before, but that is obviously not in his mind. He focused lots on the group dynamics because he wants to put it at the center of attention.

But you're kinda rude actually. So I do not feel a need to continue a conversation.

but I'm talking about the mass appeal this book has

Which i am not. I've always talked about the quality of villains in his stories, nothing else. You keep defending the book by saying it's popular, and even in this post you keep talking about the Justice League members, thats not the subject here, it's the villains.
Darkseid may not be as fleshed out, but there is a great dynamics between the members. For once every single one of the league members have such a striking difference in their personalities.

So you feel a good writer cannot flesh out both the villain's motivations at the same time as he shows the motivations and personalities of the heroes? :jedi
On top of that the jury is not out on Graves yet.

Oh, it has to be some magical twist, because right now David Graves is a man who lost himself and his family due to the radiation Darkseid's invasion caused, thus he set on this journey to become a monster who can hurt people thru their innear pains, and thus somehow Superman has some really big issues, even tho he isn't a grimdark character at all, nor has he felt downed by the deaths of his families. Superman is a very upbright guy, but still due to Johns writing, Graves can somehow feed off Superman's supposing pain.

Sinestro, Black Manta, Toyman, Captain Cold and etc. Yes Darkseid isn't as fleshed out as some of the other villains he has written before, but that is obviously not in his mind. He focused lots on the group dynamics because he wants to put it at the center of attention.

So what you are saying is, you do agree with me.

This is why i'd be wary of Rocksteady not telling their own story or taking inspiration off John's origin arc, the villain is very bland.

Personally I wanted a JLA game from Rocksteady and a prequel is fine with me But I prefer it after an Arkham 3..OR well a Gotham game set after AC,I love the Joker But I'm pretty disappointed it will revolve around him yet again!!

Overall pretty good news to me and I can't wait for official info!

Based on the wording, it could also just mean that they're taking ideas from Batman stories of that time, and have nothing to do with Justice League. It looks like they're just mentioning that as something notable that happened during that run.

hmm this makes three justice league threads. I'll ask one of the mods to merge them later nice find dark lord.

hmm this makes three justice league threads. I'll ask one of the mods to merge them later nice find dark lord.

Thanks. But I rushed by naming the thread Justice League. It really should have been "Arkham Prequel".

yeah I was just thinking the same, I'm holding off asking a mod to merge them since other sites are putting this out as rumore and we need more info on what this really is. but it's a really cool find . sweet job man.

Yeah Justice League sounds really vague, I was thinking more like new Justice League game from Rocksteady

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"