Khal Drogo & the Dothraki appreciation thread

Drz

Real Hero
Reaction score
h96OQZF.jpg

cqm7k4p.jpg
Khal-Drogo-khal-drogo-23130858-1363-2048.png
Khal-Drogo-khal-drogo-23130905-1331-2000.png

It's amazing how only having 1 season, Jason Mamoa has been an pop culture icon as the famous Khal Drogo. His cameo in season 2 was exciting and in general i think fans like the barbaric Dothrakis.

[YT]0HqdSjdtPAQ[/YT]

Do you want to see the Dothraki return in a big way?

Last edited:
As a non book reader(for now), during season one I was so unprepared for the many deaths visited upon the main characters, and I think Khal Drogo was perhaps the first big one? Watching it unfold I couldn't believe it.

This was pretty much my reaction.

[YT]avr7enrZuJQ[/YT]

Loved the season 2 cameo, took me totally by surprise so I was punching the air when it happened. Would love to see the Dothraki return, since they had some cool lore/beliefs, and to see if someone has replaced Drogo.

It wouldn't feel right if Dany had no more links to the Dothraki at all after being the Khaleesi and mother of dragons in front of them. Anyone who witnessed that would surely be a convert for life and pass on that info to the rest of them. And now the dragons are so big and she has real power. They must surely respect that and I can see them joining her before she eventually crosses over to Westeros. Unsullied, Dothraki & dragons together would give any ruler nightmares. Really hope we see that!

I was really shocked when both Khal Drago and the stallion to mount the world died, I thought they would have bigger parts in the series.

the death tooK me by surprised I loved Mamoa's as Drago to bad that couldn't translate to his Conan movie :csad:

I would have loved for him to have lived and see him Dany rule the 7 kingdoms

Last edited:
If i could change one thing, then i would find a way to bring back Drogo permanently.

He is my favorite character and at least the tv show version has a lot more potential then they used.
I still hold a small glimmer of hope, Jason Momoa is still very interested in the character, and so are the producers.......otherwise they wouldnt have done the season 2 scene.

Aren't the dothraki still with her armies?

Nah, most of them left when Drogo died, because a women isn't made to lead them.

Only a handful Dothraki stayed with her.

The Dothraki are very cool and Drogo is 200 times cooler than any other Dothraki. Momoa's version of him will live on long after the series is finished.

I was really shocked when both Khal Drago and the stallion to mount the world died, I thought they would have bigger parts in the series.
I thought Drogo was going to be a massive part of the storyline, even if through Dany. I expected him to die maybe halfway through the show by when the stallion to mount the world would have come of age and unleashed death all over Westeros. Didn't quite work out like that but then neither did Ned Stark bringing nobility and justice back to the continent or Robb avenging him and doing the same. :-)csad:) There's actually very few characters I'd get overly upset about if they died now beyond being pissed off that I don't get to see them any more. They're all so grey that they kind of deserve it!

For the most part the grey characters are the only characters left. A lot of the pure evil guys died this season. Just the boltons and freys left that are obviously evil.

For the most part the grey characters are the only characters left. A lot of the pure evil guys died this season. Just the boltons and freys left that are obviously evil.
I'm not really using the term grey correctly here but I consider Tywin Lannister to have a lot more value than a pure evil guy as he's so interesting and awesome, same goes for Roose Bolton. I am very much looking forward to Ramsay's hopefully very painful death though. :woot: Can Theon turn him into Reek II?

But on the other side with the likes of Arya so battle-hardened it would be tragic but not as terrible as if young Arya had died to me (I think). I guess Bran, not sure and Rickon would be but he seems to be an irrelevance so far. Just a random kid lol. He'll probably be the only one left at the end and be the Head of House Stark, Warden of the North and Lord of Winterfell now that I said that!

Who leads the rest?

A new Khal who took Drogo's place.

Khal is just a title, the strongest warlord takes it. It's like the King-Beyond-the-Wall, Mance Rayder wasn't the first man to unite all Wildlings.

I'm not really using the term grey correctly here but I consider Tywin Lannister to have a lot more value than a pure evil guy as he's so interesting and awesome, same goes for Roose Bolton. I am very much looking forward to Ramsay's hopefully very painful death though. :woot: Can Theon turn him into Reek II?

But on the other side with the likes of Arya so battle-hardened it would be tragic but not as terrible as if young Arya had died to me (I think). I guess Bran, not sure and Rickon would be but he seems to be an irrelevance so far. Just a random kid lol. He'll probably be the only one left at the end and be the Head of House Stark, Warden of the North and Lord of Winterfell now that I said that!

He's complicated, sure, but tywin's obviously a villain. Much like how Ned's obviously a hero, but people still debate how misguided some of his actions were, like beheading the man the warned him about the whites. Everyone's complicated, regardless of what side they're on and what morales they have. That's the great thing about this story.

I thought Drogo was going to be a massive part of the storyline, even if through Dany. I expected him to die maybe halfway through the show by when the stallion to mount the world would have come of age and unleashed death all over Westeros. Didn't quite work out like that but then neither did Ned Stark bringing nobility and justice back to the continent or Robb avenging him and doing the same. :-)csad:) There's actually very few characters I'd get overly upset about if they died now beyond being pissed off that I don't get to see them any more. They're all so grey that they kind of deserve it!

One of the fiendishly clever thing about George R.R. Martin's saga is that he gives us all these storylines that ring familiar with all of us, and we are all tricked into "knowing" how the story is supposed to turn out, but then the payoff deliberately never comes due to circumstances ranging from the mundane to the terribly tragic. In this case, the warrior who vows to claim the throne for his infant son doesn't even get to one skirmish against Westeryan forces, and dies from what is pretty much a tetanus infection.

He's complicated, sure, but tywin's obviously a villain. Much like how Ned's obviously a hero, but people still debate how misguided some of his actions were, like beheading the man the warned him about the whites. Everyone's complicated, regardless of what side they're on and what morales they have. That's the great thing about this story.

The people who consider Ned misguided for doing that clearly weren't paying attention. Wasn't the guy a member of the Night's Watch? ALL deserters of the Nights Watch are sentenced to death for breaking their oath. Ned was just following the law.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"