The Amazing Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man Appreciation Thread

After seeing Andrew Garfield shine as Spider-Man/Peter Parker in NWH, it is time for Andrew to have his own trilogy.
'Nuff said!

I'm all for merging the Tom Hardy and TASM universe to be Sony's Spider Man

I really think they will want to use Venom for Holland tbh. Because it breaks that crossover barrier between Sony and the MCU.

After doing a rewatch of the TASM films…I gotta say, Andrew’s Peter/Spider-Man is definitely my favorite. Everything just clicks with me. His Peter is great and his Spider-Man is, pun non-intended, amazing.

The TASM 2 suit is easily my favorite. I need some more, updated Andrew Spidey merch, damnit!

Rewatched ASM for the first time in ages, and post NWH it's very hard to watch... Not because it's bad but because it just feels so damn tragic this time around. I thought that film really nailed the romance and the emotional trauma Peter has already gone through. He feels like a Peter in way more turmoil than Tobey ever was. So when he connects with Gwen, it's so sweet and authentic and was honestly always the thing I loved most about that film. It's like a really sweet indie romance within a Spidey film.

So knowing how broken he ends up being in NWH, it's so difficult to watch ASM without knowing how he heals from that. Sure he had a nice moment of closure of sorts in NWH but I would really, really love to see them revisit that world just to close of his arc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"