Killzone for PS3: It's ALIVE!!!!!!!111!

Well if they DO go the episodic route, hopefully they'd maybe make 9.99-14.99 retail copies to be bought on the store shelfs as well.

Worrysome it is though: In Killzone Liberation the final chapter is going to be a DLC with the multiplayer update. Now the climax of the story happened in the last playable chapter but still. The chapter that's going to eb available for download pretty soon is where you
Rescue Rico

Awwwww.... I though this thread was going to be about some SONY rep and a stupid comment about KILLZONE PS3 being 'alive' and how 'you dont play it... it plays you'...

:(

That would have been cool :o

Well....

Killzone sucked.

Killzone Liberation sucked.

I dont see Killzone PS3 looking too hot.

when I saw the tech demo the first thing I thought was, that was the worst voice synchronization ever. They didn't look and sound like they were in synch and fit together

Zenien said:
Haha Mentok, such a funny fellow. :)

The sad thing is... I really tried to like Killzone - Liberations :(

The Ether said:
when I saw the tech demo the first thing I thought was, that was the worst voice synchronization ever. They didn't look and sound like they were in synch and fit together

What tech demo?

It's not all about looks/content... it's about gameplay.

^Now who's being naive? :o

Mentok said:
The sad thing is... I really tried to like Killzone - Liberations :(

It's probably one of the best top down shooters ever made and you dislike it... :o

Electro UK said:
This game will be uber-good, just like the original PS2 game was, no matter what you bastards say. :(
Hell yeah I'm with you!!! I liked Killzone, I thought it was a pretty sweet game. I think the reason why is because I didn't even know about this game, just picked it up and liked it. I didn't even know it was this huge hype behind it and didn't have expectation for the game.

But dude I think Killzone 2 will be good, they know their mistakes and they will fix it. Trust me Killzone will look like that, why do people see it to be so hard to look like that? I mean look at Gears of War. Even though Killzone looks 10X better who cares, nothing is impossible.

farmerfran said:
It's not all about looks/content... it's about gameplay.
Did I really just read that!!!!:wow:

Thank god there is someone else who doesn't always think about how the game looks. I'd shake your hand if I could.

farmerfran said:
The simple answer to that, my friend, is no.

That is more like CGI than in-game. No way can the PS3 do that.
Yeah, which is probably why they're so scared to show any screenshots.

Wow so if a game doesn't compare to Halo 2 numbers then it's a flop eh? Face it Killzone sold 2 million, that's not a flop.

Hades said:
Yeah, which is probably why they're so scared to show any screenshots.

They're going to wait until it's looking as polished as possible since there is going to be an entire legion of mean spirited Halo fanboys waiting to rip it to shreds for the smallest and not smallest thing

THE LIZARD#1 said:
Did I really just read that!!!!:wow:

Thank god there is someone else who doesn't always think about how the game looks. I'd shake your hand if I could.

Thank you, my friend. :up:

theres about 600 000 people in north america who agree with you there too since they bought a wii.

Electro UK said:
Fallout... turned based RPG... Killzone... FPS. :huh:

Have you even played the fallout games or Killzone Liberation?

1. sales never scale 1:1 with install base
2. 2 million units sold on the PS2 platform is a flop = hilarity
3. Holding every game to the standard of Halo sales is not only insane, it's stupid.

Zenien said:
1. sales never scale 1:1 with install base
2. 2 million units sold on the PS2 platform is a flop = hilarity
3. Holding every game to the standard of Halo sales is not only insane, it's stupid.

http://au.wii.ign.com/articles/747/747353p1.html

Zelda selling 1:1 with the Wii n launch in Canada?

;)

I love you Zen. I came back just to see you one more time :(

Into the outback to find my spirit guide... Its probably a wombat or some crap animal like that :(

wombat%201.jpg

Zenien said:
That 10 million figure doesn't include the cost of developing hte engine or adapting it for the Xbox 360. It's not a real figure, all other games include engine costs in their budget. It'sa bit of a special case where Mark Rein even admited that they don't include the cost of the engine in the budget of Gears because they can get away with it on a technicality.

That's because Unreal Engine 3 wasn't designed only for Gears of War. The licensing revenues Epic generated were most probably more than enough to cover the development costs of the engine.

After playing GEOW, I think that it's possible that the Killzone demo is close to achievable. Not spot on, obviously, but certainly close enough that people would be satisfied.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"