Killzone for PS3: It's ALIVE!!!!!!!111!

Even if they can hit the particle, polygon, physics, and animation levels seen in the E3 trailer (which would be amazing and prove the power of the PS3 or whatnot) they simply don't have enough RAM in the PS2 to hit the same texture quality, especially with everything else going on. It just wouldn't be possible.

Still though, it will be interesting to see how the game turns out.

Well look at how awesome Resistance: Fall of Man did and there was a s**t load going on in that game....and that was just a launch title!:wow:

Also Killzone 2 has been in longer development allowing them to have a better understanding of the system and power of the PlayStation 3. They have been at it since 2005. Resistance was only a 11 month project.

I haven't played Resistance yet so that might change my mind.

I'm just pretty sure that the game will look very close visually (more so then Motorstorm for a lot of reasons) but it won't be technically on the same level as the CG.

I don't understand why everyone is doubting this? Why isn't it possible for them to be able to achieve the graphics of the trailer. I mean look at Gears of War that game looks amazing and Resistance looks amazing to. So why is it so hard to grasp the concept that the trailer CG graphics might actually be reachable?

Because the CGI looks way too realistic to be accomplished by an outdated GPU. Even if it does have the Cell powering the game, the graphics would be on such a high level (that PCs can't even barely reach, with or without the new DX10 cards) that it'd absolutely murder the GPU. The framerate and quality of gameplay would be heavily compromised.

Oh yeah, and not forgetting this is Guerilla here. They promised a game that could beat Halo technically, and what we got was a mediocre-looking, buggy mess. Even ShellShock wasn't that good. It was a decent game, but nothing spectacular. I wouldn't trust them with a blowout hit at this point.

I don't recall them ever promising a game that beat Halo technically or that it would be a better game. :huh:

Nor Sony. Even IGN admits they pretty much started the Halo killer stuff and here theya re drumming it up again when Black was not even a behind closed doors tech demo.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/357/357301p1.html

Quote:
Is Sony's Undercover First-Person Shooter a Halo-killer?
The rumor has been around since the ice age, and we're pretty sure we started it. Well, the very same rumor is back and it's attracted a few more details to its sticky entrails. Sony, apparently at work on a first-person shooter that's been talked about as a "Halo-killer," may be working with British developer and Renderware-inventor, Criterion, on the very game.

Because the CGI looks way too realistic to be accomplished by an outdated GPU. Even if it does have the Cell powering the game, the graphics would be on such a high level (that PCs can't even barely reach, with or without the new DX10 cards) that it'd absolutely murder the GPU. The framerate and quality of gameplay would be heavily compromised.

Oh yeah, and not forgetting this is Guerilla here. They promised a game that could beat Halo technically, and what we got was a mediocre-looking, buggy mess. Even ShellShock wasn't that good. It was a decent game, but nothing spectacular. I wouldn't trust them with a blowout hit at this point.

Very well said, cookie for you. :D

Nor Sony. Even IGN admits they pretty much started the Halo killer stuff and here theya re drumming it up again when Black was not even a behind closed doors tech demo.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/357/357301p1.html

Quote:
Is Sony's Undercover First-Person Shooter a Halo-killer?
The rumor has been around since the ice age, and we're pretty sure we started it. Well, the very same rumor is back and it's attracted a few more details to its sticky entrails. Sony, apparently at work on a first-person shooter that's been talked about as a "Halo-killer," may be working with British developer and Renderware-inventor, Criterion, on the very game.

I swear I saw a quote with a Sony exec commenting on Killzone or "Halo Killer". I'll look and see if I can dig it up, I swear seeing at least one article with a Sony official commenting on it in relation to Halo.

^I think I do remember them saying it was going to kill halo because Microsoft was talking a lot of S88t to them.

I swear I saw a quote with a Sony exec commenting on Killzone or "Halo Killer". I'll look and see if I can dig it up, I swear seeing at least one article with a Sony official commenting on it in relation to Halo.

A good way to search is (if you remember the website) to do an advanced Google Search and select "Search by domain".

Or basically type this into good.

Word, Site: put the full URL here

And that will search taht entire website, not just based on hits.

i feel sorry for the developer. not only don't they have to live upto the hype of awesome graphics but an awesoem game as well. and if they even manage to do one ofthose things well, they'll still suck.

That's what you get when your fans and your backing company (Sony - Jack Tretton) hype up your game and it turns out that what was shown really isn't within reach at this point in time.

Yeah but what Insomniac showed at E3 was an actual in-game demo that they had up and running. They were showing people playing it when it was I-8 but scrapped it because they wanted a more artistic approach to it. So not everything shown at E3 was pre-rendered.

You mean the trailer? If you're talking about the trailer with those almost photo-realistic graphics, that was made by Axis. It was almost pure lightwave with some mocap and Maya work done on it.

You mean the trailer? If you're talking about the trailer with those almost photo-realistic graphics, that was made by Axis. It was almost pure lightwave with some mocap and Maya work done on it.

Sorry i'm not big on tech. talk :O

LightWave is a multi-threaded program used for 3D modeling and rendering and what not. It's one of the more high-end programs used in the industry. Mocap is short for "Motion capture" and Maya is another high-profile 3D animating program. It costs a hell of a lot, too. My brother bought Maya 6 a couple years ago, and it cost a fortune. I don't think it's quite as pricey as LW though.

LightWave is a multi-threaded program used for 3D modeling and rendering and what not. It's one of the more high-end programs used in the industry. Mocap is short for "Motion capture" and Maya is another high-profile 3D animating program. It costs a hell of a lot, too. My brother bought Maya 6 a couple years ago, and it cost a fortune. I don't think it's quite as pricey as LW though.

Thanks for the explanation. :D

Most people get pissed when I ask them if they could explain it. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"